PDA

View Full Version : can this effect your motor??

Schugg
10-07-2005, 10:49 PM
i havent really checked but when i did a quick look, it looked like the bottom of my header was kinda pushed in flat about halfway so instead of having the space of the full pipe its got like the space of half a pipe. it was raininggg alll day, and u know how some sewer drain are raised up above the road? well there was one of those, except the whole road dipped down right there and the rain filled in the dip and i happen to go in the dip and the sewer hit my header. i just wanted to know if the headers being that dent in can affect anything?? hopefully there not, but if they are is there a way to un-dent them?

1439/2000
10-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Bent headers dont affect anything but your car needs suspension if your hitting stuff like that.

Schugg
10-07-2005, 10:53 PM
i have it on coil overs with 15's pretty much tucked in the front. it usually doesnt hit stuff liek that, but since it was atleast 2 or 3 inches off the ground and my wheels went into the lil dip in the road it just nailed it. my cars about 3 or 4 inches tall at the bottom of the headers.

NosEquipped
10-07-2005, 11:28 PM
as said above i dont think it will affect anythig but i would have it bent back out b/c with the dent it is going to be more restricting.

Pedal
10-07-2005, 11:32 PM
sorry the above was me my brother-in-law is a retard

Schugg
10-09-2005, 01:25 PM
ok, well if i ever get tired of knowing my header is smashed halfway in (im sure i will) i figured i would just cut out the dented in part, and weld some new metal over the hole. would that work?? i attached a picture of it...........

Pedal
10-10-2005, 01:15 AM
GOD DAMN ...umm yeah the welding thing will work

Schugg
10-10-2005, 11:29 AM
haha yah i got under it to look and it was worse from what i thought!! cause when it happen i just looked under from the side and i thought maybe it just flattened it. but when i got a chance u jack my car up and look i was like :eek:

KevinT707
10-10-2005, 01:17 PM
yea, happens to me all the time. I've been through like 3 different manifolds because no matter what I do they somehow get dented sooner or later .. Does your car feel any slower cause it's dented in pretty good. Mine was never that deep!

Schugg
10-10-2005, 01:34 PM
i wouldnt know if it was any slower, it might sound a little different because im sure its interrupting the original air flow and causing some of it to back up in the engine. but i think the next 6 months ill be doing alot of NO driving cause of some tickets and im just going to work on this car alootttttt and sometime during that time ill cut the dents and re-weld some patches in there.