PDA

View Full Version : ls/vtec help

cprtyler
08-01-2009, 02:23 AM
hi my name is tyler, i just bought a 94 eg with a ls swap and i have a gsr head i am going to swap on to it to do the ls/vtec. i want to do a all motor app. with these cams.

"Developed, tested and proven by Buddy Club's own race teams and engineers, the Racing Spec 5 camshafts are absolutely the most aggressive design in camshaft technology available today. Utilizing Buddy Club's patent pending lobe forming technology was used to increase low to mid-range torque and yet have an astonishing 12.8mm lift for explosive high-end power! These cams do not sacrifice low end power for top end gain! This is unlinke anything you have experieneced before. Available and in-stock now! Designed for racing engines with high compression (normally aspirated)

- 12.8mm intake lift and 11.8mm exhaust lift for top-end power
- Patent pending lobe forming technology for low to midrange power
- SMOOTH CONSTANT POWER THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE RPM RANGE! (From idle to 9500RPM)
- Requires Buddy Club high compression valves, valve springs, and retainer set
- At least a 12.5:1 Compression Ratio is recommended
- Professional installation and calibration is highly recommended ( Additional piston valve clearancing is required)

Buddy Club's patent pending lobe forming technology allows engineers to create uniquely shaped cam lobes that unleash power from areas that other camshafts are simply not capable of finding. Other brands try to approach Buddy Club's cam profiles, but can never surpass it, nor equal it.

When you choose Buddy Club camshafts, you will be proud to own what years and years of racing data and experience have guided us to develop. We offer exactly what we use to win race after race and there simply is no compromise. We believe in our own products 110%

Buddy Club camshafts are designed to produce increased power all throughout the RPM range of your engine from idle to redline! With Buddy Club cams, you will not find a dramatic power surges, even when VTEC transitions. What you will find is an extremely smooth and predictable power curve that you can use to power in, through, and out of each corner and still have what it takes to dominate the straights!

Duration
Intake - 312
Exhaust - 306

Valve Lift
Intake - 12.80mm
Exhaust - 11.80mm"

i also plan on putting the ctr pistons in this app.. my question is do i need to add a diff crank with shorter stroke or do i need to get shorter rods so there will not be any piston to valve clash. where can i find the rods. will any b series rods with vtec work. thanks for any info.

ps i am also up grading the valve train with buddy club componets just so you know

punkr6
08-01-2009, 11:32 AM
i also plan on putting the ctr pistons in this app.. my question is do i need to add a diff crank with shorter stroke or do i need to get shorter rods so there will not be any piston to valve clash. where can i find the rods. will any b series rods with vtec work. thanks for any info.

NO, clay the motor, I ran a semiler set up about 4 years ago but with a b16 head and spec3's and had no issues, But your head or deck may have been shaved in the past. So clay it to be sure...

Why are you going with spec5's and oem pistons ?

cprtyler
08-01-2009, 02:23 PM
they are high compressoion pistons and are forged aftermarket not oem should have stated that. but they are the same spec as the ctr and are for the b16b

southside
08-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Dont really fell like reading, but if you have aftermarket pistons then they should have valve relief and it would be wise to clay the motor.real vague description to go off of.

cprtyler
08-01-2009, 04:20 PM
NIPPON RACING PERFORMANCE B SERIES CTR PISTONS

NPR PERFORMANCE NITRITE COATED RINGS AND WRIST PINS

NIPPON RACING MULTI LAYER STEEL HEAD GASKET

KING HIGH PERFORMANCE SILICON COATED ROD AND MAIN BEARINGS

k&n OIL FILTER WITH CRUSH WASHER

KING PERFORMANCE THRUST WASHERS

i was planning on claying the motor. these pistons give me a 11.40:1 compression on just the b18 ls head and block. tring to figure out if i need to go with a lower cam to stay with pump gas and with valve clear because i know that at 12/1 i have to run a type of race gas from what iv researched due to detnation. i just really want a strong na motor. i new to the honda tuner feild and know things can be done. can i machine the valve relifs if
needed?

cprtyler
08-01-2009, 04:23 PM
NO, clay the motor, I ran a semiler set up about 4 years ago but with a b16 head and spec3's and had no issues, But your head or deck may have been shaved in the past. So clay it to be sure...

Why are you going with spec5's and oem pistons ?

what was the power increase good or not what you expected i also have a p73 ecu is that the best way to go on the brains or do the whole hondata thing?

punkr6
08-01-2009, 04:39 PM
what was the power increase good or not what you expected i also have a p73 ecu is that the best way to go on the brains or do the whole hondata thing?

you would be better off with a set of pro1's and pr3/p30 pistons.No reason to run a monster cam and super high compression on a stock head, especially if its a street car on pump gas. As for as ecu/tunning just have yours chipped with chrome and get it dyno tuned at Mainstreem...

cprtyler
08-01-2009, 05:01 PM
you would be better off with a set of pro1's and pr3/p30 pistons.No reason to run a monster cam and super high compression on a stock head, especially if its a street car on pump gas. As for as ecu/tunning just have yours chipped with chrome and get it dyno tuned at Mainstreem...

the head isnt stock its ported and polished with buddy club springs and valves and retainers with pulse star plugs and nogoly hotwires and msd coil for ignition with skunk 2 intake manifold. when you say chrome what do you mean?? like i said new to honda.

punkr6
08-01-2009, 05:04 PM
the head isnt stock its ported and polished with buddy club springs and valves and retainers with pulse star plugs and nogoly hotwires and msd coil for ignition with skunk 2 intake manifold. when you say chrome what do you mean?? like i said new to honda.

http://www.tunewithcrome.com/

http://www.phearable.net/

cprtyler
08-01-2009, 05:22 PM
http://www.tunewithcrome.com/

http://www.phearable.net/

thinks for the input do i have what sounds like a good set up? do you know if they have a obd2 to obd1 converter harness? i have obd 2 harness and obd2 ecu. is that on that phearable.net also? or would it be better to get a obd1 harness, iv read some bad stuff on those converter harness and cel lights

punkr6
08-01-2009, 05:28 PM
if your car is a 94 as stated in the post, its already obd1. Why would you need a conversion harness ?

cprtyler
08-01-2009, 06:20 PM
if your car is a 94 as stated in the post, its already obd1. Why would you need a conversion harness ?

because when i bought the car it had a swap done to it and it was done with the obd2 ecu and harness its a b18b engine that with the vin off the motor states that the motor is a 97 and the ls harness was used and obd2 ecu p75 was used.

ps i have the over sized pistons 20 over and was wondering what type of head gasket i would need to use the same or b20 or what?