PDA

View Full Version : Question for you guys

FrogPrincess
10-07-2005, 06:22 PM
What do you guys think of the Dodge Neon? Anyone like that out there?

WINDSOR
10-07-2005, 06:22 PM
neons are slow even the srt4s

AznTraitor
10-07-2005, 06:24 PM
What do I think about them? Well....they are made by dodge....and I guess it beats walking.....so I guess it's not that bad because it does serve a purpose.

Speedm0(\)key
10-07-2005, 06:27 PM
What do you guys think of the Dodge Neon? Anyone like that out there?

i'd say stay away from them, buy something with better reliability and build quality

Tbird_guy
10-07-2005, 06:27 PM
hahahaha, it all depends what you use it for, if it is a daily beater for economy, then it is all good, otherwise, I wouldn't touch it with Btec's private parts and zxguy pushing.

FrogPrincess
10-07-2005, 06:29 PM
I don't want to buy one. A friend of mine said I couldn't find anyone who likes them and so I'm trying to do just that. I figured there has to be at least one person out there that likes them even just a little.

AznTraitor
10-07-2005, 06:30 PM
I don't want to buy one. A friend of mine said I couldn't find anyone who likes them and so I'm trying to do just that. I figured there has to be at least one person out there that likes them even just a little.

Greenhornet aka Carlo....he loved his.....

FrogPrincess
10-07-2005, 06:34 PM

Well my work is done here then. I found my one person,lol. :cool:

Leisa
10-07-2005, 06:35 PM

yeah but he now drives a badass Focus ZX3

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/greenhornet95/Focus/DSC01555.jpg

FrogPrincess
10-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Now that's a nice car....

HyPer50
10-07-2005, 06:38 PM

Your friend is stupid lol... there's lovers of just about every kind of car out there... Talk to QD, I'm pretty sure he loves his neon.. They are the equivelant of a Cavalier in my opinion.... decent cheap economical american car, but nothin' special.

FrogPrincess
10-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Your friend is stupid lol... there's lovers of just about every kind of car out there... Talk to QD, I'm pretty sure he loves his neon.. They are the equivelant of a Cavalier in my opinion.... decent cheap economical american car, but nothin' special.

I was pretty sure there would be. I mean why would they keep making them and selling them, and why would people keep buying them if no one liked them?

He was trying to talk me out of dating a guy who drives a civic too. Now what's wrong with driving a civic? I happen to like them... :rolleyes:

FrogPrincess
10-07-2005, 07:14 PM
lol, I'll take your word on that. I think I'll be sticking with my explorer for now. Thinking about getting a Camry or a Celica though. Good cars? Or no?

Leisa
10-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Why would it matter what we think about the car that you want to get,.... getting a car based on what the people of IA think,... well thats pretty dumb!

FrogPrincess
10-07-2005, 07:19 PM
I wasn't going to base what I get on what you guys say....Just wondering if anyone has had any problems or such with them or anything like that...sorry I asked....

HyPer50
10-07-2005, 07:41 PM
I was pretty sure there would be. I mean why would they keep making them and selling them, and why would people keep buying them if no one liked them?

He was trying to talk me out of dating a guy who drives a civic too. Now what's wrong with driving a civic? I happen to like them... :rolleyes:

Nothing is wrong with a civic... as long as the driver is well aware that his car is not a sports car... it's an econobox... it can be made fast, but it's still an econobox. Nothing wrong with one tho.... (hell... if I said anything bad about a civic on this site i might have a lynch mob chasing me right now...)

HyPer50
10-07-2005, 07:42 PM
I wasn't going to base what I get on what you guys say....Just wondering if anyone has had any problems or such with them or anything like that...sorry I asked....

I've seen problems with them, but the same as any other car... as long as you dont dog the shit out of it, and keep up with regular maintnance, it should last.

YokotaS13
10-07-2005, 07:47 PM
didnt qd like his?

IndianStig
10-07-2005, 08:19 PM
I like Neons, i wouldn't buy it to mod, just to drive normally. Thats just me, maybe i would do a few supension and boltons, but again thats me.

I like all Dodges cause the Caravan is what i learned to drive on, lol.

And yes, get regular maintianence (sp?) and don't rev it too 6000rpms every single day then any car will be good and last. GTOBAfOfTfPSfTB<the list of things todo

quickdodgeŽ
10-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Talk to QD, I'm pretty sure he loves his neon..

You're goddamn right I love mine. 2 time SCCA champion...beating out the beloved Civic, amongst other cars.

They are the equivelant of a Cavalier in my opinion..

Although not much, I'd give the Neon a little higher rep. Neons aren't built the best, but the reliability isn't as bad as people portray them to be. Later, QD.