PDA

View Full Version : Liens on a car

my_sick_si
07-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Hi I'm about to buy/trade my car on saturday and I'm bringing this bill of sale that I print out on dmv. What happens when he signs it with no liens but later found out that he has? Just wondering what would happen if that really happens.
Thanks

silversol
07-30-2009, 06:30 PM
It should say on the title if it has a lien on it.

my_sick_si
07-30-2009, 06:33 PM
are you sure? If so that would make it easier

lanning
07-30-2009, 06:34 PM
there is a spot on the title where liens are written down

speedminded
07-30-2009, 11:32 PM
Hi I'm about to buy/trade my car on saturday and I'm bringing this bill of sale that I print out on dmv. What happens when he signs it with no liens but later found out that he has? Just wondering what would happen if that really happens.
ThanksSo you're trying to sell a car with a mechanics lien on it huh?

my_sick_si
07-31-2009, 09:02 AM
So you're trying to sell a car with a mechanics lien on it huh?

Sorry but I didn't quite get what that supposed to mean?:???:

You_Wish
07-31-2009, 09:27 AM
like everyone else said the title has a place where it says liens... but if it had a lien he should not have the title the lien holder should have it.

my_sick_si
07-31-2009, 11:42 AM
o alright that makes sense. Thanks for the help guys

speedminded
07-31-2009, 02:04 PM
Sorry but I didn't quite get what that supposed to mean?:???:I should ask you the same thing. Is there a lien on your car? Do you think there is a lien on your car? A lien doesn't have to be written on the title for there to be one. Shops don't have access to a customers title but they can still put a lien on it.

What happens when he signs it with no liens but later found out that he has? Just wondering what would happen if that really happens.
ThanksIt sounds like to me you know there is a lien on a car you are trying to sell. Am I right?

lanning
07-31-2009, 02:11 PM
It sounds like to me you know there is a lien on a car you are trying to sell. Am I right?
x2

VickNotic
07-31-2009, 04:05 PM
sounds like it to me ^

WANTED
07-31-2009, 04:11 PM
If there is an outstanding lien on the car, he will not be able to title it until the lien is resolved. You will be required to resolve it or risk voiding your deal/sale, as it is your issue.

my_sick_si
08-01-2009, 09:33 AM
No I don't have any liens on my car. Just wondering what happens if there is

Echonova
08-01-2009, 10:11 AM
No I don't have any liens on my car. Just wondering what happens if there isLOLOLOLOLOL

Boy, you sound like a shady piece of shit. But in case you're not...

Bill of sale is not a title. If you don't have the title IN YOUR HAND then how are you gonna sell the car? Do you need a bill of sale also, sure. But if you own the car you should have the title and it should have no liens listed. Unless you didn't pay a DUI ticket then the state can put a lien on it. Everyone else would have to take you to court and sue and you would know if there were a lien. Unless you no-showed. But if you sell him a title with no liens and later when he goes to register the car there is... That my friend is fraud, theft by deception, etc.

KREEP
08-01-2009, 10:32 AM
"Um hey....can you sell a car with a Lien??? I am trying to sell my car and am just curious." PAY YOUR DEBTS ASSHAT!

my_sick_si
08-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Guys easy I 'm not trying to sell my car with liens. I'm just a noob and don't know much of anything and I just wanted to know what would happen if I buy a car with liens. Not other way around.

my_sick_si
08-01-2009, 01:50 PM
LOLOLOLOLOL

Boy, you sound like a shady piece of shit. But in case you're not...

Bill of sale is not a title. If you don't have the title IN YOUR HAND then how are you gonna sell the car? Do you need a bill of sale also, sure. But if you own the car you should have the title and it should have no liens listed. Unless you didn't pay a DUI ticket then the state can put a lien on it. Everyone else would have to take you to court and sue and you would know if there were a lien. Unless you no-showed. But if you sell him a title with no liens and later when he goes to register the car there is... That my friend is fraud, theft by deception, etc.

I do have a title. I'll take a picture for it for proof. And thank you for the statement. I finally get it now:D

speedminded
08-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Guys easy I 'm not trying to sell my car with liens. I'm just a noob and don't know much of anything and I just wanted to know what would happen if I buy a car with liens. Not other way around.Then why would you present the scenario the other way around making yourself look bad?

I'm calling bullshit.

my_sick_si
08-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Then why would you present the scenario the other way around making yourself look bad?

I'm calling bullshit.

U want to bet on it? I sure need the money;)