PDA

View Full Version : Wasting my time...

XBLG20
10-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Wednesday at 11:18pm I was pulled over in the Kroger shopping center off of Steve Reynolds for the cop’s reason "I was pulling too fast into the shopping center". I was at a dead stop before I turned. He was very rude from the beginning and I protested the fact that I was only doing 20-25 mph when he pulled out behind me, but "in his years of experience of being in the field he was an expert at determining speed." He was very rude saying that I was doing an unsafe speed through the parking lot. He finally asked for my license and insurance. He spent about 10-15 minutes at his car and when he came back he said he needs an updated insurance card. To my luck I did not have an updated card in my car. So he proceeded to give me a ticket and the ticket was for “No Valid Insurance” and the remarks are “the driver presented insurance card with an expiration date of 06/11/05.” I began to attempt to ask the cop a question about the ticket and he was very vulgar and would not answer any of my questions. He just told me “It’s not rocket science, just sign it.” I then went home and found an updated copy of my insurance card and went back to Kroger and showed him the card and all he said was “take it to court” I did not want to waste my time going to court so the next day I called up the DMVS and asked if my insurance was up to date and valid in their system (Georgia Electronic Insurance Compliance System.) They said yes and I asked them what I should do in this situation. They didn’t understand why the police officer gave me the ticket and said to call up the police station. I called and asked to speak to someone about it and they did not understand why I was ticketed because you don’t have to have a valid card, by law, in your car because Georgia has the database with all of your information in it(Georgia Electronic Insurance Compliance System). She then told me to talk to the cop’s superior officer and then make a complaint if I think it’s necessary. So tonight I will be making a phone call to get this thrown out. If for some reason I do not get it thrown out at the police station’s level, the recorders court told me in three weeks I can talk to a solicitor and have it thrown out immediately.

Tbird_guy
10-07-2005, 06:29 PM
yeah, stickin it to the man...I like it.

speedminded
10-07-2005, 06:55 PM
i got one from a GSP in March, he was cool though...I was speeding with traffic in construction...even though he said i just missed the construction area (he was sitting in between the barrels)...

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=2920

"Tell you what, instead of writing you a speeding ticket I'm gonna give you one for no proof of insurance"...I completely missed the instead of part and started looking for the latest card...he's like, "stop fumbling around, you didn't hear me did you?" "INSTEAD of writing you a speeding ticket I'm giving you one for no proof of insurance" ...I'm like, okkkk, thankyou. He's like, "it's just a small ticket, but guess what?...if you call this number right here [showing me on the ticket that's written out] and explain to them you have the valid insurance card, may have to fax them a copy....then she'll tear up the ticket" ....okkkk, thankyou sir..."

Called them up and they said call a week before the courtdate because they can't do anything with it now...so i called them up a month or so later and they said nothing could be done over the phone, just come in on your courtdate... went in on my courtdate and they wanted me to pay the full ticket...told them what the officer had said then showed them i did indeed have insurance, asked about the informtion online if you still need the paper proof or not then she said just pay half of the fine...

Instead of doing what i did, just go ahead and call his supervisor and see what he can do for you first...

IndianStig
10-07-2005, 08:29 PM
that sucks man

don't get screwed over by cops

Brett
10-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Well the first part of doing 20-25 in a shopping center parking lot is alot actually, Thats flying if its in a parking lot. May not seem fast but stand and watch how fast that looks when other people go through that quick.

But the insurance part is whack because he had record if you are paid with his trsty laptop they all have in thier cars.

HiPSI
10-08-2005, 10:24 AM
But the insurance part is whack because he had record if you are paid with his trsty laptop they all have in thier cars.

i believe under GA law you still are supposed to carry a current card for your insurance, the computer can and will be wrong sometimes.

rickgiblin
10-08-2005, 10:26 AM
id call up the supperior officer and tell him. that should happen and it just seems like the guy wanted to be a dick. id try to get it thrown away asap

Brett
10-08-2005, 10:28 AM
i believe under GA law you still are supposed to carry a current card for your insurance, the computer can and will be wrong sometimes.

Ahhhh okay, See I always keep one in my car for back up so I wasnt sure

quickdodge®
10-08-2005, 12:27 PM

That's exactly right. You still have to have proof in your car. Later, QD.

Schugg
10-08-2005, 06:04 PM
if you have a court date, and you bring the updated valid insurance card that shows u had insurance at the time they just let you off anyway. thats what they did to some lady here last time i wa sat court.

Hulud
10-08-2005, 06:22 PM
you are not required to carry your insurance card by law
but i would for backup purposes