PDA

View Full Version : A couple questions/ sugestions

Danny
10-07-2005, 03:55 PM
I have searched, but can not find any signature guidlines. But we are limited to 200 characters. This forum seems at time overcome by oversized sigs and photo attachements (which other forums have very strict rules againts, with penaltys for repeat offenders). When people attach huge pics that break up the sites lines, i have seen mods on other forums get pretty pissed, then it becomes a big no-no. Just seems like something easy that could be establised to clean up the readability of the site, and it would give us some concrete info on creating sigs. Alot of other forums restrictions are 600px X 240-250px including text. text size is limited in relation to numer of lines. And also, we can write any specs on our cars with only 200 charaters, by the time u add tags and all you have like 50 characters left.

on another note, gallery's, many forums have this feature and it rocks IMO!! I understand it could eat up some bandwidth, but maybe u restrict it to noobs or somthing?

Danny
10-07-2005, 03:58 PM
And another useful thing would be to sticky all the sponsers, in seperate thread, with a small description of them. that way we can find them.

Also, stickys are WAYY underused by mods on this forum, every once in a while we have some good info on here in the different sections that should really be stickyed.

Brett
10-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Well the sponsors have a place to post, they have the SPONSORS section to post thier deals what thier business.

As far as a sticky, we dont need I dont think a shit load of sticky threads in all the forums, They are in the EVENT section which show cases some events we want to give more play to, But what other forums would need a sticky? The WL doesnt need them, the car sections dont, no real reason to clutter the boards with sticky threads, Just my :2cents:

Danny
10-07-2005, 11:40 PM
well anything in the how to forums like detailing, and you dont sticky everything seperatly, you sticky one main thread then organize and list the sub-threads inside that. that way you dont clutter the diffrent forums.

and yes, the sponsers have thier section. but if i am missing some please fill me in, but where is a list of the sponsers, thier websites, and a tid-bit on what they do. sponsers pay alot of money, and yall dont even have them listed in any respectable form that i have found.

but ur right brett, this forum isnt really anything informative, its more like a huge WL. so there isnt really much to sticky, but it seems like we could turn it into more of a place with info. Start getting members to do write ups and such. But its probably a long shot.

Brett
10-08-2005, 09:30 AM
The car forums are very informative but threre is not enough traffic in there to warrant a bunch of sticky's I dont think, But its not up to me, Im just saying in those forums they stay up towards the top long as hell now cause they get a good bit of traffic just not as heavy as the general area.... ya know

A.P. Photography
10-08-2005, 02:19 PM
There is not enough traffic to warrant that many stickys.

Danny
10-10-2005, 09:18 AM
true, not enough info, and no traffic. Still cant find a single sponser list, or rules section.. ohh well. Ill stick to other forums for info and come here to whore..lol..

also, we need a nice mountian run soon..

that many stickeys? never seen gaint stickeys huh?

Brett
10-10-2005, 10:30 AM
Sponsor corner:

http://forums.importatlanta.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Danny
10-10-2005, 01:27 PM
im not dumb man, still no list of sponsers or rules.

A.P. Photography
10-10-2005, 02:08 PM
I know what you are talking about, something like an itemized list of current sponsors. I agree something like that would be helpful on like the front page or something or as a sticky in the sponsors corner.

Danny
10-10-2005, 03:47 PM
exactly. you just sticky ONE post in sponsers corner. in the first post you list all of the sponsers and they either link to thier sites or to a little info below in seperate post. This method of stickeys is great, you can condese, lets say all the 'how-tos' for hondas in one big sticky, and all the how-tos for nissan in another stickey, thus reducing the numbers of total stickeys. but then agian, this site really doesnt have enough ligit info for that, so maybe we could have a gaint stickey to all the damn drama threads. haha... ohh well.. was just a sugestion.