50/15 Test Reading---------Allowed
HC ppm----364--------------152 Fail
CO %------1.40-------------0.85 Fail
NOx ppm---1453------------1186 Fail
RPM--------1860-----------3000 Max
CO+CO2----14.92-----------6.00 Min

Everything is stock
no engine mods.

what all should I change/use to get it to pass? :cry: sorry if this is the wrong forum

Z0_o6
07-29-2009, 05:18 PM
do you have a catalytic converter? what mods do you have done? stock ECU? turbo? swapped? we need some information dude.

Slow_Ej1
07-29-2009, 05:19 PM
do you have a catalytic converter? what mods do you have done? stock ECU? turbo? swapped? we need some information dude.

Sorry.. um yeah I have a catalytic converter, I dont have any engine mods..
Stock ECU
no swap... nothing. car is fully stock.

Ill edit first post

Z0_o6
07-29-2009, 05:29 PM
there is a post in the DIY section talking about using a quart of denatured alcohol in the tank to bring down emissions.... I don't have any experience with it so I can't tell you if it works or not. I would have to say it sounds like your car needs a good tune-up though. Replace you plugs, air filter, change the oil, retard the timing a little bit, and make sure you bring the car into the testing facility good and hot. If the car isn't up to full operating temp the emissions will be significantly higher. I'm sure others will chime in with more suggestions.

WTF?
07-29-2009, 06:05 PM
there is a post in the DIY section talking about using a quart of denatured alcohol in the tank to bring down emissions.... I don't have any experience with it so I can't tell you if it works or not. I would have to say it sounds like your car needs a good tune-up though. Replace you plugs, air filter, change the oil, retard the timing a little bit, and make sure you bring the car into the testing facility good and hot. If the car isn't up to full operating temp the emissions will be significantly higher. I'm sure others will chime in with more suggestions. thats sounds really good and the only things i can think to add is grab a couple of cans of seafoam one for the gas tank, half of a can for the crank case, and another full can to suck thru the brake booster line for the top of the motor, oh also clean the throttle body with a tooth brush and throttle body cleaner :cheers:

Slow_Ej1
07-29-2009, 09:32 PM
there is a post in the DIY section talking about using a quart of denatured alcohol in the tank to bring down emissions.... I don't have any experience with it so I can't tell you if it works or not. I would have to say it sounds like your car needs a good tune-up though. Replace you plugs, air filter, change the oil, retard the timing a little bit, and make sure you bring the car into the testing facility good and hot. If the car isn't up to full operating temp the emissions will be significantly higher. I'm sure others will chime in with more suggestions.

Ive heard bad things about denatured alcohol. idk. ill be sure to do the tune-up though. I brought it into the facility hot already and I bet the results wouldve been even higher if I didnt. so I know I still have alot of work to do.

thats sounds really good and the only things i can think to add is grab a couple of cans of seafoam one for the gas tank, half of a can for the crank case, and another full can to suck thru the brake booster line for the top of the motor, oh also clean the throttle body with a tooth brush and throttle body cleaner :cheers:

Ill be sure to do seafoam this time :cheers:

OG-Skinny
07-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Sounds like your "Cat" has become a test pipe. Look into it man.. If you had a Cat, you should of only failed No more than 2 of those..

Slow_Ej1
07-29-2009, 10:27 PM
Sounds like your "Cat" has become a test pipe. Look into it man.. If you had a Cat, you should of only failed No more than 2 of those..

I was thinkin about that..
I think im just gonna take it to get looked at and find out the exact problem.

Theycall_Metue
07-30-2009, 04:17 AM
gotta love the country man where we dont need emission test :goodjob:

Slow_Ej1
07-30-2009, 09:18 AM
gotta love the country man where we dont need emission test :goodjob:

lucky haha. I just had to be in one of the counties that needs emissions :no:

can anyone else help?

revhard05
07-31-2009, 11:18 AM
the alcohol works, My friend got his pos 3000gt vr4 to pass by running a 1liter alcohol / 3 gal gasoline. I coulnt beleve it cause the turbos are blowing a little oil and better

Beesta
08-02-2009, 06:00 PM
I had the same problem with emission where everything failed even gas cap. Make sure your exhaust mani isn't leaking air. I put in a new cat, bought the "guaranteed to pass" formula from pepboys (just incase), ran about a half tank of gas (2days), went to the sniffer and passed with good results.