PDA

View Full Version : Integra wont start :/

Mik2006
07-29-2009, 02:44 PM
well to sum it all off i pulled spark plug number 1 while the engine was on and it was idleing for about 5 seconds then it just died compleatly and never started agian. then i saw on cyn 4 that there was oil from a bad valve cover gasket and i replaced that. now i changed the spark plug wires, distributor, distributor rotor, and tested the ignition coil. i changed the spark plug wires about 2 weeks ago. im stumpped and its pissing me off.

and i checked the main relay and its not that. anyone know?

Mik2006
07-29-2009, 02:47 PM
oh yah and i sprayed starter fluid in threw the manifold and it still dosent work

CaTcH22
07-29-2009, 07:05 PM
oh yah and i sprayed starter fluid in threw the manifold and it still dosent work Then its def. a spark issue. Need 2 see if the rotor button is good. Some of the aftermarket rotor buttons arent designed well and the spark runs back down and grounds to the distributor.

seanrg1116
07-29-2009, 07:32 PM
did you check compression...... sound to me like you may have jumped time.

Start by checking compression

EmminoDaGreat
07-29-2009, 08:58 PM
If you need some help with it give us a call 678-363-6789 mainstreamperformance.

Sounds like an ignition issue from the sound of it.

HillClimbGuy
07-29-2009, 09:15 PM
More than likely you brunt out the coil

How did you test it?

It is very common to burn out the ignition coil by either doing a spark test or load test. When you remove the resistance of the spark plug out of the system you create a short and ohm law states that electricity is lazy it will take the shortest path so you “burn a hole in the coil” by causing this short.

Replace the coil and if every thing else is installed correctly then it should fire up

Even with no compassion with starter fluid if should at least pop a little when you turn it over

2jdm4drift
07-29-2009, 11:09 PM
i'm going to say the coil 2... but i always thought it was a part that worked. or didn't

Mik2006
07-30-2009, 11:18 AM
i tested the coil by useing a gsr coil. and i used a volt metter on the 2 and the both got 12.0/1. are gsr and ls coils the same?

Mik2006
07-30-2009, 02:10 PM
ok well i just swaped out the whole dizzy with my friends dizzy from his ls and it still dosent work.

VickNotic
07-30-2009, 02:23 PM
hmm ignition coil, cap, rotor button, timing, might have jumped timing but taking off one spark plug wire wont make this happen though, cause i Done this procedure plenty of times and it dont cause this problem of yours. Do you have enough gas ? 8D

CHECK:
spark plugs wires in correct order?
timing
dizzy cap

laokid
07-30-2009, 02:49 PM
i was gonna say it might have burn the little igniter in the distruntor but try changing the spark pluggs itself check or if u have gas in the car i dunno lol,if not shit im stumped too ..hope it doesnt have to do with your fuel pumps and shitt o yeah check your timing belt it might have broke i dunno jus trying to help

chip P.
07-30-2009, 05:20 PM
ur not outta gas are you?

Mik2006
07-31-2009, 03:31 PM
naw i gotta half tank of gas, plus i sprayed the engine starter stuff trew the intake and still no crank. only things i can think of now is the alarm or ecu.

the wires are definitely in order.

silversol
07-31-2009, 03:45 PM
check for spark. sounds like you blew the coil

chip P.
07-31-2009, 04:08 PM
well uv gone through teh dizzy..hav u tried changing out the plug wires? check the connectors on the wiring harness (not the ones on the dizzy)to see if you get a voltage reading.

chip P.
07-31-2009, 04:19 PM
ahh..u already chnged th wires..:crazy:

heres smthn anyway

i dunno about yours..but on my integra, its set up like this.
if youre standing in front of the car. from left to right the cylinder order is 4,3,2,1...soo..shortest wire to #4..longest to #1

well uv gone through teh dizzy..hav u tried changing out the plug wires? check the connectors on the wiring harness (not the ones on the dizzy)to see if you get a voltage reading.

Mik2006
07-31-2009, 05:52 PM
appreciate the help everyone, i found out the problem was inside the intake manifold a valve was stuck closed. its up and working agian. now i just gotta do the timing. :)

glad i dident need scooby dooo for this case.

chip P.
07-31-2009, 06:08 PM
gahhh..thts soo obvious..shoulda gottn tht sooner. good job tho :goodjob:
appreciate the help everyone, i found out the problem was inside the intake manifold a valve was stuck closed. its up and working agian. now i just gotta do the timing. :)

glad i dident need scooby dooo for this case.

Mik2006
07-31-2009, 06:36 PM
gahhh..thts soo obvious..shoulda gottn tht sooner. good job tho :goodjob:

man the first thing i was gonna check out till i started asking people. but it was just weired that it wasent sucking in the starter fluid hard at all.