PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Firefighter Shoots Would-Be Robbers..

thinkfast®
10-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Check his name... LOL

A Philadelphia homeowner shot and killed would-be robbers who broke into his home early Friday morning.

Police say four men broke into a home in the 3800 clock of North 18th Street in Nicetown section of the city and were confronted by the homeowner, Bruce Slaughter, an off-duty Philadelphia firefighter.

Captain Gerald Fretz said the homeowner, “Armed himself, came down the steps, he confronted four males, at least one of the males was armed and they exchanged gunfire.”

Slaughter was not injured. However, three of the would-be robbers were shot, one of them was killed.

Neighbor Theresa Seals says she heard at least 10 rounds of gunfire coming from the home before receiving a call from Slaughter who asked her to call 9-1-1.

“He told us to call the cops, he shot three of them and believed one was in the cellar with a gun,” said Seals.

The Philadelphia S.W.A.T. team responded, the fourth suspect was never located.

Police say two of the suspects are in critical condition at Temple Hospital and the deceased has been identified as 25-year-old Isaah Dean.

Isaah’s family is in shock, “We never would think he would do something like that, I don’t know why he would be here, it’s shocking,” said brother-in-law Brian Marshall.

Slaughter's sister, Karen Slaughter, spoke exclusively with CBS 3's Robin Mackintosh and said this is the third time her borther's house has been targeted.

"I'm glad it turned out this way. I'm sorry people did get hurt. But when you work hard and do the best you can and someone keeps trying to break into your house, you know, you have to do what you have to do," said Slaughter.

Residents, like Theresa Seals, say the street has been plagued with crime but feel safer knowing they have the Slaughter next door. “He’s a good, loving neighbor… you can always count on the fireman cause the fireman takes care of this block."

Tbird_guy
10-07-2005, 03:04 PM
thats awesome

HiPSI
10-07-2005, 03:20 PM
lol, they live in "nicetown" too. good thing sgt slaughter took care of them.

The Golden Child
10-07-2005, 03:26 PM
haha

Jaimecbr900
10-07-2005, 03:28 PM
I bet they won't break into his house again......good for him.

thinkfast®
10-07-2005, 03:44 PM
hells yea. For my next question, wheres Hacksaw Jim Duggan? :lmfao:

count it!

rickgiblin
10-07-2005, 04:27 PM
the robbers got what they deserve... absolutely no simpathoy from me. good job to the fireman in my oppinion

Tiff-O-Bitties
10-07-2005, 04:29 PM
awesome