PDA

View Full Version : Michael Schumacher has called off comeback due to neck injury.

EJ25RUN
07-29-2009, 12:39 PM
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/EJ25RUN/michaelschumacher_ferrari_istanbul_.jpg?t=12488906 66

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77418

Schumacher to make F1 return in Spain

By Jonathan Noble Wednesday, July 29th 2009, 16:51 GMT

Michael SchumacherMichael Schumacher, the seven-times world champion, plans to come out of retirement as Felipe Massa's replacement at Ferrari from the European Grand Prix.

Following days of speculation about who would slot in alongside Kimi Raikkonen following Massa's Hungarian GP crash, Ferrari issued a statement on Wednesday afternoon confirming that Schumacher was being prepared for the role.

The statement said that Schumacher was 'ready' to make his F1 return, and would undertake a training programme over the next few days to ensure he was up to full fitness for an F1 race.

The German, who quit F1 at the end of 2006, injured himself in a motorbike accident earlier this year and the team want to make sure there are no hidden problems before confirming his position.

Schumacher has previously baulked at the idea of returning to F1 full-time, but with Massa looking likely to return when he is back to full fitness, and Ferrari in need of a top-line driver, the opportunity is one that has attracted him.

"The most important thing first: thank God, all news concerning Felipe is positive. I wish him all the best again," said Schumacher.

"I was meeting this afternoon with Stefano Domenicali and Luca di Montezemolo, and together we decided that I will prepare myself to take the place of Felipe.

"Though it is true that the chapter of Formula 1 has been completely closed for me for a long time, it is also true that for loyalty reasons to the team I cannot ignore that unfortunate situation. But as the competitor I am, I also very much look forward to facing this challenge."

Once Schumacher gets the green light, it will be the first time he has raced alongside Kimi Raikkonen, as the pair bid to secure Ferrari third place in the constructors' championship.

It also comes at a time when Ferrari's F60 appears to have made good progress on the track, and its KERS could prove to be an advantage in the forthcoming races at Valencia, Spa, Monza and Singapore.

Schumacher has not tested the current F60, and has not driven since April 2008 when he ran an F2008 at Barcelona.

The announcement of Schumacher's plans comes 24 hours after his manager Willi Weber totally ruled out the possibility of the German racing in Valencia.

"Whoever sits in the car at the next race in Valencia, it will not be Michael Schumacher. I am not 100 per cent sure; I am 200 per cent sure," Weber was quoted as saying by The Daily Mail.

"The pressure on him would be huge. He would be expected to win, but he has not driven this car. When Michael was racing he would get as close to perfection as possible. In this case, it would not be perfection; it would be a gamble - and that's not Michael's style."

Alan®
07-29-2009, 01:12 PM
FUCKING AWESOME!

NewGen33
07-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Interesting, I saw this coming but not in this way. I love his loyalty to Ferrari and His willingness to come back. You might leave F1 but it will never leave you.

EJ25RUN
07-29-2009, 03:10 PM
As big of Michael Schumacher fan i am, the best news of the day for me is hearing that Felipe has no long term injuries. I hope he is back in the Ferrari as soon as possible.

In the mean time, I hope Michael shows Hamilton what a real world champion looks like.

EJ25RUN
07-29-2009, 04:24 PM
This is a post by erusnak on Autoblog. It hurt me laughing after i read it.

erusnak44 2:22PM (7/29/2009)

This will give him a chance to finally break out of his brother Ralph's shadow. I am sure he could use the money as well.
Go Mikey!

:lmao:

Elbow
07-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Wow...this is exciting in a way, DEF. glad to hear Massa is going to be ok. We forget in top of the line motorsport that people can still be hurt.

GO SCHUMACHER!

dazn
07-29-2009, 06:36 PM
thats just cheating.

In the mean time, I hope Michael shows Hamilton what a real world champion looks like.

:D :D :D

batlbrandon
07-29-2009, 07:31 PM
thats just cheating.

:D :D :D

Whats up man? How you been? You need to stop being all shady and shit. Come by the shop once and while! I mean I only taught you everything you know. You are my prodigy! j/k. seriously, keep in touch.

2turbo4u
07-29-2009, 09:04 PM
EJ25run Hamilton might show Shummy a little something! Hope this don't turn into another Roger Clemens/ Brett Favre retired great popping in and out.

The Ninja
07-29-2009, 09:05 PM
This is a post by erusnak on Autoblog. It hurt me laughing after i read it.

erusnak44 2:22PM (7/29/2009)

This will give him a chance to finally break out of his brother Ralph's shadow. I am sure he could use the money as well.
Go Mikey!

:lmao:

*whoosh over my head*

Can you break it down for me?

BKgen®
07-29-2009, 09:06 PM
As big of Michael Schumacher fan i am, the best news of the day for me is hearing that Felipe has no long term injuries. I hope he is back in the Ferrari as soon as possible.

QFT

My mind is still on Massa's recovery, but I'm stoked Schumacher is actually doing this. I'm still in disbelief. lol what a complete turn-around from him being "200% sure" he wouldn't start. EPIC.

BKgen®
07-29-2009, 09:13 PM
lolol

Rob Smedley: "Michael baby, you are doing very good pace, keep it up"

Schumacher: "Baby?"

BABY J
07-31-2009, 01:04 PM
Comparing Schumie and Hamilton isn't even fair - lol. Hamilton is NOT just gonna fold and be his bitch though. Schumie's been outta the car what - 2 years?

EJ25RUN
07-31-2009, 01:11 PM
Comparing Schumie and Hamilton isn't even fair - lol. Hamilton is NOT just gonna fold and be his bitch though. Schumie's been outta the car what - 2 years?
Competitively? 3 years.

BABY J
07-31-2009, 01:27 PM
That's a lot of time even for him. Trust me - he'll push too hard and pay the price.

h23bb2
07-31-2009, 02:34 PM
we'll see whose the best (although we already know....) by the end of the season. I suspect it'll take Michael a couple races to fall back in stride completely, but once he does I expect to see some fantastic competition.

EJ25RUN
07-31-2009, 02:49 PM
That's a lot of time even for him. Trust me - he'll push too hard and pay the price.

What do you mean? I don't expect miracles from this performance.

What i was stating earlier is that F1 hasn't had a halo driver in a while. Fernando Alonzo needs at least 1 more world crown to get on the list of greatest ever drivers.

dazn
07-31-2009, 05:28 PM
we'll see whose the best (although we already know....) by the end of the season. I suspect it'll take Michael a couple races to fall back in stride completely, but once he does I expect to see some fantastic competition.

the Schumakinator is a robot. Robots dont need to "fall back in stride." They just gotta plug him in and update his software. sync with the new car.

dazn
07-31-2009, 05:30 PM
Whats up man? How you been? You need to stop being all shady and shit. Come by the shop once and while! I mean I only taught you everything you know. You are my prodigy! j/k. seriously, keep in touch.

ah, my Sensei.
Ive been well, cant really complain. how about u?

you guys still work on saturdays? you guys should come to my shop, do it on a slow weekend, we'll go race at the private go-kart track.

EJ25RUN
07-31-2009, 05:30 PM
the Schumakinator is a robot. Robots dont need to "fall back in stride." They just gotta plug him in and update his software. sync with the new car.

Catalunya 1994 and Hungary 1998 are proof of this.

BABY J
07-31-2009, 05:56 PM
ah, my Sensei.
Ive been well, cant really complain. how about u?

you guys still work on saturdays? you guys should come to my shop, do it on a slow weekend, we'll go race at the private go-kart track.

Does the name Adam Malley ring a bell to you??

dazn
07-31-2009, 06:32 PM
Does the name Adam Malley ring a bell to you??
yes it does, SCCA racer. DSR and CSR. Him and another guy built their own car from scratch. they do extremely well with it. they are always the highest placing non-West and non-Stohr. they beat the wests and stohrs often too. lots of talent between those two.

BABY J
07-31-2009, 07:07 PM
Yeah - Kevin Allen - they are out of Pro Import Services over in Conyers. They work on all of my cars

http://www.ntcsites.com/proimport/door/

I figured you knew the name after looking at your signature. :) AWESOME guy over there and KNOWLEDGEABLE!!!

dazn
07-31-2009, 11:50 PM
Yeah - Kevin Allen - they are out of Pro Import Services over in Conyers. They work on all of my cars

http://www.ntcsites.com/proimport/door/

I figured you knew the name after looking at your signature. :) AWESOME guy over there and KNOWLEDGEABLE!!!

yeah, thats it. good people. you picked a good shop. :goodjob: