PDA

View Full Version : Misc My dad and i did some remodeling

Tasuki_Civic
07-28-2009, 11:58 PM
in our house in florida.

We have a pool in the backyard. my father wants to get rid of it completely but i told him that god forbid for something bad to happen and we have to sell the house, if we take the pool away the value will go down. So im doing some research of my own and wanted to know some of you's opinion on how to cover up the pool.

I wanted to just find a really good way to cover the pool completely to the top so that later on down the line ( years later) if we decide we want to use the pool again we can dig it back up. Does anyone have any good ideas?

browningboy7
07-29-2009, 12:04 AM
Meh, Definitely not really correct. My family was full of real-a-state agents at one point in time. And having the pool can actually dissuade a buyer from buying a home. Esp. families with new borns or families that just have no interest in having a pool or dealing with the up keep that is necessary. Just my :2cents: but alot more times then not having a pool is not good for re-sale value unless the person purchasing the home is looking for a home with a pool.

ISAtlanta300
07-29-2009, 12:47 PM
^^^^^ This guy speaks the truth. A pool can be undesirable due to the upkeep, liability etc.

Princess12
07-29-2009, 02:20 PM
Not sure about the housing market in Florida... but we too, turned down several homes because they had a pool. We have a little girl, and the pool was too much of a liability and the maintenance was more than we were looking for. On the other hand, I have seen people fill pools in with dirt or build a deck over the top of it. Both of which are reversible if you plan to use the pool again in the future. The only issue I see with those is prepping/maintaining the filtration system for an extended period of no use.

Maybe contact a pool installation company and see if they have any other options? Good luck!

Tasuki_Civic
08-01-2009, 01:05 PM
niice. thanx!

i just thought being that its a house in florida and the beach is only 10 min away. some pple like the option "in florida" of both the pool and the beach.

I personally love the pool but im not down there to do the maintenance. I dont plan on selling the house but if there was time in need i may. i love the pool but my dad is on the verge of getting rid of it if i cant come up with an idea. I will try. thanx Princess.

but i will keep both options in mind thanx fellas

Black R
08-01-2009, 01:27 PM
just get a quality pool cover then drain that bitch. :)

PawnShopCEO
08-01-2009, 01:36 PM
they make covers that are like grids that you can actually walk on... I'd do that