PDA

View Full Version : civic swap help again....

jcs
07-27-2009, 10:12 PM
car is 94 civic dx with obd1 ls swap....while i was swappin there was a freakin down poor and i had the hood off,water seemed to seep into the spark plug hole and was all in the wire boots.so when i got up the next mornin i blew all the water out and it started up fine but after a few minutes at idle it started runnin rough and smelt of raw gas...and now it wont start any help will be rewarded with reps:goodjob:

CaTcH22
07-27-2009, 10:17 PM
It may have took the resistance in the wires way up, being saturated for so long and burnt the coil in the dizzy. Check to see if it is sparking.

Tech5
07-27-2009, 10:18 PM
sounds like what got into your dizzy!

jcs
07-27-2009, 10:26 PM
It may have took the resistance in the wires way up, being saturated for so long and burnt the coil in the dizzy. Check to see if it is sparking.

should i check the wires at the dizzy or the dizzy itself

CaTcH22
07-27-2009, 10:30 PM
should i check the wires at the dizzy or the dizzy itself
Use a spark tester first to see if spark is gettin through the wires. If not then the problem is inside your dizzy.

jcs
07-27-2009, 10:47 PM
is it possible it f***** up the dizzy or just the coil...

CaTcH22
07-27-2009, 10:49 PM
is it possible it f***** up the dizzy or just the coil...Usually you can see a burnt spot down the coil. But its possilbe the ignitor is bad.

jcs
07-28-2009, 02:12 PM
so i go outside today and the bitch fires right up,checked and say im gettin spark from my dizzy to my wires.then i proceed to take it for a test drive and it seems to sputter or fall on its face under throttle or light load...spark plug or wire possibly??

CaTcH22
07-28-2009, 06:27 PM
so i go outside today and the bitch fires right up,checked and say im gettin spark from my dizzy to my wires.then i proceed to take it for a test drive and it seems to sputter or fall on its face under throttle or light load...spark plug or wire possibly?? More than likely its water inside the dizzy, but it could be a wire. Is there water down inside anyone of the spark plug tubes??