PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods noob turbo questions........

CB7tuner
07-26-2009, 08:49 PM
i just boosted the accord but i have a couple of questions that im getting mixed answers on when researching so i figured i would just ask.....
1). where should i connect the vaccum line from the blow off valve to, ive tried an extra nipple right behind the throttle body on the intake manifold and it immediately opened the BOV while idleing, i then T'd into the vaccum line connecting the external wastegate to the nipple on the turbo houssing and it stays closed now. but im unsure if that is correct because i'm not gonna floor it and hit boost on an untuned motor.
2). I bought a cheap manual boost controller but it came with no directions, it has 2 nipples on it with a directional arrow on one. do i just put the boost controller inline on the vaccum hose coming from the turbo housing's nipple to the wastegate????
3). And finally, will it be alright to run my stock map sensor, im going to be on 8 lbs.

thanks again im just trying to double check on these things :goodjob:

BTEC
07-26-2009, 08:55 PM
some bov's are open at idle. it wont affect ur cars performance bc u dont have a mass air flow sensor. so connect ur bov to a good vac source.

ur boost controller should be between the nipple on the turbo and the wastegate. From what u wrote it sounds like u got it hooked up right.

If u need more help try posting pics, this might be a little more helpful

jcs
07-27-2009, 01:05 AM
i think i read somewhere that your stock map can handle up to 10.63 psi if you ever want to up the boost it would be nice to invest in a 2 or 3 bar map.....just was gonna tell you Golden Eagle makes a vaccum maniflod that you T from your brake booster that you can run most of your vaccums from and its like 35 bucks shipped,might be a nice investment.

Drummerboy
07-27-2009, 03:29 AM
1)i there are 3 nipples on the intake manifold, all side by side on the top. I cant remember what WAS there, in the middle originally. But thats where my bov is hooked up. and of course, 1 nipple stays unused unless you have an electronic boost controller (i think?)

2)boost controller should have 1 line in, 2 out. the one in comes from the turbo nipple. the 2 out go to the waste gate. Just make sure they are on the right sides of the wastegate. last week when i put my car back together, i switched those up. didnt realize it until i hit full boost and my wastegate tried to open. I backfired through my intake.

3) im using a stock map with a missing link. works great at 12psi daily.

you have an H22 right?

whatever210
07-27-2009, 11:02 AM
noob

Drummerboy
07-27-2009, 12:17 PM
^ go play in traffic.

j0nbunklah0m
07-27-2009, 01:19 PM
can anyone get pics of how to hook up the boost controller, BOV, wastegate, and where the vacuum lines go? im still confused on this issue as well. reps will b given :D

CB7tuner
07-27-2009, 03:25 PM
thanks guys for all of your advice so far, i think i have everything correct now except im still a little worried about the BOV staying open at idle, it even stays open while driving, only when i give it 75% throttle is when it seems to close

Drummerboy
07-27-2009, 06:27 PM
^ yeah, that doesnt seem right. I know mine stays open barely, but its from a bad O-ring around the piston in the bov.

what type of bov are you using? you have the vaccum line coming off the outter most nipple right? (futhest from flange).

CB7tuner
07-27-2009, 07:01 PM
its a greddy type s bov. it only has one nipple on it. ive connected to every vacuum port on the intake manifold and its the same result. maybe i need a stronger spring in it?

Drummerboy
07-27-2009, 08:38 PM
I wouldnt think so. Have you tried just adjusting the screw on the end? the more you screw it in, the harder it will be for the bov to open, for more boost.
if its further out, its easier to open, normally for lower boost or to stop/prevent compressor surge.

i'll take pics of where mine are hooked up tomorrow. if you can get pic messages, pm your number and i'll send em to you.

whatever210
07-29-2009, 12:08 PM
^ go play in traffic.
lol your bumb. shut up before i rip 4 inline cyl of boost thro your ass lol.

tdurr
07-29-2009, 05:41 PM
lol your bumb. shut up before i rip 4 inline cyl of boost thro your ass lol.

Tandem?
:ninja:

whatever210
07-29-2009, 11:04 PM
Tandem?
:ninja:
time and place?

tdurr
07-29-2009, 11:31 PM
exactly a month from today. on Da skreets!

whatever210
07-30-2009, 10:22 AM
exactly a month from today. on Da skreets!
no street drifting for me. i got a few places we can hit and quit

tdurr
07-31-2009, 07:10 PM
no street drifting for me. i got a few places we can hit and quit

golden rule.

dallasb84
08-07-2009, 01:55 AM
you need to tee in some check valves for the map sensor or buy a missing link. they will keep you from throwin your car into safe mode....

heres what you should do.

find a direct source to your intake mani.... on my b series i tapped a an fitting into the mani but you could use a 1.00 nipple fitting from lowes.

run a good hard line vacuum hose to the wastegate and to the bov. most waste gates operate on the side port. thats where you put your vacuum line. the mbc goes inline to the w/g.

the check valves should be teed inline to the map sensor and be installed so they vent boost from your map.... the factory map will trigger a fault at like 3 psi so you only want your map sensor to read vacuum, atmosphere, and NO boost.

you can drive it like this but remember your minimum boost setting will reflect on what spring is in your wastgate. so dont boost it and pop ur motor. at like 5 psi this will be ok until you get it tuned. you could also run a FMU with a low boost setting and youd have no problems

CaTcH22
08-07-2009, 07:41 PM
OMG! Missing link and FMU?? Such bad ideas. Its funny how SO many people will invest SO much time and money into a turbo setup, then say "I'll just use an FMU and a missing link." :no: WTF?. Might as well slap a grenade to the front of your engine....same principle.

dallasb84
08-07-2009, 10:47 PM
its sooooo funny how jackson racing and comptech have sold fmu's for how long with their kits?????? stfu you stupid dumb shit fuck, for the time being he will be ok on a low boost setup. enough said. go do it then chime in. faggot.

:2up:

i mean to be honest i apologize for the above statement. a missing link (check valves) and fmu WILL WORK for the time being. but will only get a stock system to work with boost. it is better to tune or do whatever else is in mind.

for a stock modified to boost go ahead use a missing link and fmu..... it does work.

JJSPEC Racing
08-08-2009, 01:45 PM
i mean to be honest i apologize for the above statement. a missing link (check valves) and fmu WILL WORK for the time being. but will only get a stock system to work with boost. it is better to tune or do whatever else is in mind.

for a stock modified to boost go ahead use a missing link and fmu..... it does work.

The pic below will also work as a turbo setup but is not recommended. I have seen too many FMU/missing link setups go bad. They were great back in the 90's before we had so many alternatives. A Crome setup would be less than an FMU and missing link/aquarium valves and be so much more reliable and fun. Not flaming, just want to help out.:D
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh169/chet_t16/turbo%20manifold/26042008115.jpg

CaTcH22
08-08-2009, 03:02 PM

Trust me I have done IT!!! I had an FMU with a Jackson Supercharger on my Y8 FAGGOT!! The FMU just raises fuel pressure, it does nothing to the milliseconds of opening on your injectors. SO wow, you have 60+ psi of fuel pressure for a few milliseconds and the MAP sensor has no clue whats goin on. And now what about timing??:thinking: Oh YEAH!! Not a goddamn thing! The factory ECU still keeps the same timing. It may work for a while, but WASTE the money on something that is worth it.

Evil Goat
08-08-2009, 04:30 PM

lol, you have no idea....qwkd16's kicking out 300+ on a d16....i assure you he knows his stuff

dallasb84
08-09-2009, 12:51 AM
well i agree to disagree... to a certain degree....

i think tunning and injectors are win.

and fmu missing link..... i dunno it works

pebojelly
09-06-2009, 11:29 PM
If you have a MAP sensor you can do the Diode mod in you go to vwvortex.com and look in the audi 1.8t fax there is a write up,will work the same on any turbo car.

The MBC should run off the turbo to the wastegate.

If you run it on the turbo you will get a more accurate vacuum then on your intake.

The bov should run off a vacuum source like your intake if it is causing it to open find a different vacuum location or use a t fitting an tap into a better source.