PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry 8330

BanginJimmy
07-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Dont know if this is the right section for this or not so if it isnt, mods please move it for me.

I need a phone with email access and I can get a great deal on an 8330. Is there anything I need to know about this phone that will detract me? It will be through Verizon and I am not changing services so dont bother saying I should get the Iphone instead.

Everything I have read on it says its a great phone with all the features I want and all of the reviews I have read have been good. Anyone got any input that I should know about?

green91
07-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Ive had this phone for a little while, its absolutely fantastic! Although you could ave yourself alot of money on the plan with Sprint.

BanginJimmy
07-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Ive had this phone for a little while, its absolutely fantastic! Although you could ave yourself alot of money on the plan with Sprint.

Save a little money, lose a lot of service. As it is, I am only paying $130 after taxes and fees for 2 phones, 2100 minutes, friends and family, unlimited texting, and the blackberry package.

green91
07-28-2009, 08:29 PM
How would you lose service? Sprint and Verizon are the only CDMA carriers in GA, if you lose sprint you roam into verizon networks. Ive had sprint for several years now. I pay $99.99/mo for unlimted EVERYTHING

JayL
07-28-2009, 08:31 PM
I have the blackbeery curve 8330 through verizon, I got it almost a year ago and I definetly enjpoy this phone, it does everything I want it to do in exception of flash websites.

I have updated my os on this device many times and each update is even better.

Btw, I am on my BB 8330 now, typing this response.

BanginJimmy
07-28-2009, 09:32 PM
How would you lose service? Sprint and Verizon are the only CDMA carriers in GA, if you lose sprint you roam into verizon networks. Ive had sprint for several years now. I pay $99.99/mo for unlimted EVERYTHING

Didnt know that. I do know that everyone I know that had or has Sprint has absolutely hated it.

BanginJimmy
07-28-2009, 09:34 PM
I ended up ordering it last night. It should be here tomorrow sometime.

AlanŽ
07-29-2009, 01:04 PM
I ended up ordering it last night. It should be here tomorrow sometime.
Jimmy you wont be dissapointed by the phone. I've had mine for about 8 months now and have enjoyed every minute of it. I strongly reccomend upgrading the os once you get it. Theres plenty of other informative how to's to be found on various BB forums. If you have any questions or trouble just PM me.

BanginJimmy
07-30-2009, 05:25 AM
Is there an issue with the original OS or is it just a matter of there being better? BTW I am typing this on the BB

AlanŽ
07-30-2009, 05:39 AM
congrats homie. There really isnt an issue with the original OS except that sometimes it can get laggy. If you do the upgrade you will notice a significant increase in performance.

BanginJimmy
07-30-2009, 10:25 AM
I will have to look onto that then.

cobalt9123
07-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Blackberry's are okay...I like my 8330 but it's pretty slow and spotty at some things.
You're definitely going to need a memory card because these phones seem to cache up quick.
I'd personally go with an iPhone especially since they're only $99 now.
From a Network Administrator POV, they're much easier to set up if you're talking about email from work.. I'm not a fan of touch screens though.
If not an Iphone then definitely a blackberry though.

AlanŽ
07-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Blackberry's are okay...I like my 8330 but it's pretty slow and spotty at some things.
You're definitely going to need a memory card because these phones seem to cache up quick.
I'd personally go with an iPhone especially since they're only $99 now.
From a Network Administrator POV, they're much easier to set up if you're talking about email from work.. I'm not a fan of touch screens though.
If not an Iphone then definitely a blackberry though.
He already bought the BB

BanginJimmy
07-30-2009, 05:02 PM
He already bought the BB

And there is no way in hell I would EVER switch to AT&T.

Played with it a bit on breaks today but I'm still lost. My first complaint, options are not all that user friendly. I looked for 10 minutes and still couldnt find ringtones.

DynamicSound
07-30-2009, 05:37 PM
My girlfriend and I both owner the T-mobile Curve 8320 and loved it...good phone.

AlanŽ
07-30-2009, 07:00 PM
And there is no way in hell I would EVER switch to AT&T.

Played with it a bit on breaks today but I'm still lost. My first complaint, options are not all that user friendly. I looked for 10 minutes and still couldnt find ringtones.
www.brinked.com

Best source for ring tones plus you can make your owns. Ringtones can be switched by going to profiles then hit advanced and then go through the options. it took me a minute to find them as well.

BanginJimmy
07-31-2009, 04:19 AM
Found it, thanks. If you have seen Bedtime Stories I really want Adam Sandlers ringtone

BanginJimmy
07-31-2009, 03:29 PM
found it. DL for free also