PDA

View Full Version : Religion Religious protesters @ Mayhem Festival

Sinfix_15
07-26-2009, 11:14 AM
There were a bunch of religious protesters telling us how we're all going to hell at the Mayhem Festival in atlanta this weekend. Even had a parade float type thing riding around with people on megaphones....

Why are religious people the aggressive ones? very simple question.... so you dont like Marilyn Manson... well, how would you feel if i knocked on your door sunday morning and kindly offered you a Manson CD?

What if i stood outside your church with a sign telling people to listen to Manson? what if i had a megaphone outside your church???

how would you feel? would you call the cops?

Now ask yourself... what would be the difference in you and me?

Athiest/nonreligious people dont give a fuck about you... we dont care what you're doing or where you're doing it. We dont try to recruit people, we dont want anything to do with you. All i want is to do what i want to do, live how i want and be left alone. I dont care how religious you are... it doesnt offend me. I have christian friends... im not offended even 1% by your beliefs....

So i ask again..... why are religious people so aggressive? why cant you do what you do and leave others alone.

quickdodge®
07-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Amendment 1. Later, QD.

Sinfix_15
07-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Amendment 1. Later, QD.

yeah, i get that... its just funny how it seems like christians are always recruiting and the rest of the world just doesnt care.

I dont want to convert any christians... truthfully.. i dont even think about it.

just for arguments sake.... what would you do if someone stood outside of your church and politely informed people athiesm beliefs. maybe waved a banner that said jesus christ is a myth and passed out pamplets with manson CDs in them.

would this be acceptable?

Ocelot
07-26-2009, 05:52 PM
Amendment 1. Later, QD.

I see your first amendment and raise you one Georgia Code Title 13 Section 16-11-39:

Disorderly Conduct.

here is your ticket and have a nice day sir:fightpig:

EJ25RUN
07-26-2009, 06:07 PM
Damn religious people.

man
07-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Cool generalizing bro...

Because all religious people try to force their views on you... :rolleyes:

I saw gay guys in downtown wearing mayhem shirts so by your logic I should just assume it was a just a huge gay orgy.

EJ25RUN
07-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Cool generalizing bro...

I saw gay guys in downtown wearing mayhem shirts so by your logic I should just assume it was a just a huge gay orgy.

No, i don't really mean that. I wrote that because of a combination of events. Right before i viewed this thread, i looked at the Landover Baptist NSX trash and it was still fresh on my mind.

BKgen®
07-26-2009, 09:19 PM
So i ask again..... why are religious people so aggressive? why cant you do what you do and leave others alone.

It happens. There are Christians who serve in a more reserved, conservative way... And then there are the fire & brimstone "Christians" who go to concerts and spout out things about how you're a sinner and that you'll go to hell. Nobody stops to listen to what he/she has to say; nobody wants any of his/her pamphlets. To be honest, it's not only confusing for non-Christians like you.. but it also confuses me. I can't believe they actually think the "bullhorn" approach will bring non-Christians closer to God... between all the yelling and the blatant accusations, judgment and condemnation -- Why would anybody want to be part of that after being accosted by some angry, screaming stranger with a bullhorn?
It doesn't work at all... IMHO it makes things worse. I get the feeling that's not exactly what Jesus had in mind. When people do stuff like this, all Christians end up getting painted with the same brush -- other people get a bad first impression and automatically assume "Well, I guess ALL Christians must be crazed maniacs with bullhorns under their beds." Jesus said he came to save, not to condemn. These guys think they're giving out the "good news", but it doesn't come across that way... it doesn't come across as very loving.

A real Christian is somebody who understands that people have different perspectives and different religious beliefs and convictions need to be respected.

Try not to get the two confused.

man
07-26-2009, 10:05 PM
No, i don't really mean that. I wrote that because of a combination of events. Right before i viewed this thread, i looked at the Landover Baptist NSX trash and it was still fresh on my mind.

My bad, that was directed at OP. You're good

sport_122
07-27-2009, 12:24 AM
It happens. There are Christians who serve in a more reserved, conservative way... And then there are the fire & brimstone "Christians" who go to concerts and spout out things about how you're a sinner and that you'll go to hell. Nobody stops to listen to what he/she has to say; nobody wants any of his/her pamphlets. To be honest, it's not only confusing for non-Christians like you.. but it also confuses me. I can't believe they actually think the "bullhorn" approach will bring non-Christians closer to God... between all the yelling and the blatant accusations, judgment and condemnation -- Why would anybody want to be part of that after being accosted by some angry, screaming stranger with a bullhorn?
It doesn't work at all... IMHO it makes things worse. I get the feeling that's not exactly what Jesus had in mind. When people do stuff like this, all Christians end up getting painted with the same brush -- other people get a bad first impression and automatically assume "Well, I guess ALL Christians must be crazed maniacs with bullhorns under their beds." Jesus said he came to save, not to condemn. These guys think they're giving out the "good news", but it doesn't come across that way... it doesn't come across as very loving.

A real Christian is somebody who understands that people have different perspectives and different religious beliefs and convictions need to be respected.

Well said...

We all need to remember that there are extremists and fundamentalists on both sides of the equation. Its just easiest to overlook those who agree with you and for those who don't to stick out in any confrontation.

Sinfix_15
07-27-2009, 05:34 PM

very true.. i could never actually point the finger at ALL christians.. because christianity is this constantly evolving thing. Not all christians are the same or follow the same guidelines because those guidelines are constantly changing. So i do secerely appologize to you sir, you are obviously one of the new age christians who have translated the bible to be something that accepts other beliefs and not one of the ones who actually believes the actual stories they read. I assume that by this you're stating that you see the bible for what it is ( a fictional grouping of stories ment to be used as a moral outline ) and do not see it as a listing of real events. I respect your beliefs and im sorry grouping you with the treehugging bible thumpers at the manson concert. Good day to you sir. God bless.

Sinfix_15
07-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Cool generalizing bro...

maybe it was a big gay orgy... you should have got a ticket.

Ocelot
07-27-2009, 06:22 PM

AHAHAHAHA, dude, Landover Baptist is a HOAX forum, it was made to mock religious types and dupe them into joining only to find it it completely backwards.

ueyedgr8tness
07-28-2009, 07:29 PM

:goodjob:

Frög
07-28-2009, 07:42 PM
I see your first amendment and raise you one Georgia Code Title 13 Section 16-11-39:

Disorderly Conduct.

here is your ticket and have a nice day sir:fightpig:

Tell me about it.. This is the best way to arrest someone for doing nothing..

EJ25RUN
07-28-2009, 07:48 PM
AHAHAHAHA, dude, Landover Baptist is a HOAX forum, it was made to mock religious types and dupe them into joining only to find it it completely backwards.

No....not the hoax version. The real version.

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/

Frög
07-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Like said before:

There are extremists in every domain, your encounters with them should not stereotype all religious people..

I am not religious btw..

Ocelot
07-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Tell me about it.. This is the best way to arrest someone for doing nothing..

disturbing and interrupting a public or private event is hardly nothing, no matter what it is.

Paul
07-29-2009, 08:49 AM
Cool generalizing bro...

what did you think was going on? of course it was a big gay orgy... are you homophobic? :rolleyes:

wasn't cannibal corpse/slayer there? thats a bands worth seeing :bump:

XanRules
07-29-2009, 11:06 AM
No....not the hoax version. The real version.

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/
That is the hoax version :thinking:

EJ25RUN
07-29-2009, 11:09 AM
That is the hoax version :thinking:

seriously? After reading the stuff on there. I thought those people were just insane.

ahabion
07-29-2009, 07:17 PM
What if i stood outside your church with a sign telling people to listen to Manson? what if i had a megaphone outside your church???

how would you feel? would you call the cops?

Now ask yourself... what would be the difference in you and me?

Athiest/nonreligious people dont give a fuck about you... we dont care what you're doing or where you're doing it. We dont try to recruit people, we dont want anything to do with you. All i want is to do what i want to do, live how i want and be left alone. I dont care how religious you are... it doesnt offend me. I have christian friends... im not offended even 1% by your beliefs....

I agree with what others have said about those particular demonstrators but don't try to say that atheist/nonreligious people don't give a fack... honestly... looking at this entire forum its nothing but religion bashing as a whole... imho, Christians have to defend themselves on this very forum against those who would bash on our belief. So don't take it to extremes, otherwise you're really no different from the extremists you speak of.

Frög
07-30-2009, 12:12 AM
disturbing and interrupting a public or private event is hardly nothing, no matter what it is.

If you are disorderly, then yes.. But often times they use it because it is so vague of a charge and so much can fall under it.. I have been arrested for rolling my eyes at an officer under disorderly conduct.. I had witnesses of this occurrence..

Sinfix_15
07-30-2009, 05:18 AM
I agree with what others have said about those particular demonstrators but don't try to say that atheist/nonreligious people don't give a fack... honestly... looking at this entire forum its nothing but religion bashing as a whole... imho, Christians have to defend themselves on this very forum against those who would bash on our belief. So don't take it to extremes, otherwise you're really no different from the extremists you speak of.

I agree that a lot of the people posting in this section sound like idiots and are just trying to get a rise out of christians. You cant compare some kid sitting at his computer to a group of people who organized a protest around an event.

I care about what you do with your life barely enough to post a complaint such as the one i did in this thread. I would never protest anything you did in public... regardless of how many actions christians make that merit a protest.

Crazy Asian
07-30-2009, 07:53 AM
like my father said christians are a dime a dozen. There are christians who take things so seriously they of course think they are god or some divine sent disciple. I just look at them and go man what happened to you.

ahabion
07-30-2009, 09:06 AM
You cant compare some kid sitting at his computer to a group of people who organized a protest around an event.

I care about what you do with your life barely enough to post a complaint such as the one i did in this thread. I would never protest anything you did in public... regardless of how many actions christians make that merit a protest.

:goodjob: If you think about it, you can almost see the relation of religion and politics.

Hulud
07-30-2009, 11:15 AM
organized religion is the fall of god

Ocelot
07-30-2009, 11:40 AM
If you are disorderly, then yes.. But often times they use it because it is so vague of a charge and so much can fall under it.. I have been arrested for rolling my eyes at an officer under disorderly conduct.. I had witnesses of this occurrence..
that could also be seen as disrespecting an officer, which you are lucky he didn't get you on.

Frög
07-30-2009, 05:08 PM
that could also be seen as disrespecting an officer, which you are lucky he didn't get you on.

LOL you must be kidding.. He was trying to give me a ticket because the manager of Burger King told him I pulled in too fast.. He was not a mediator, but was going by a civilian's word and giving me a ticket for it..

You either are joking, or must be a cop..

bu villain
07-31-2009, 01:39 PM

That's a joke right? That's like having a law against hurting an officer's feelings.