PDA

View Full Version : Would you run it?

X-Runner
07-25-2009, 01:54 AM
Ok, my boat wouldn't start today and come to find out it had a lot of water in the gas :thinking:

I pumped it all out into a container and let it sit untouched for a few hours and pumped the top 4 gallons off the 6 gallons of gas. Its in a clear container and LOOKS to have no water in it. Safe to run or no?

This what I pumped out :no:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x307/tech_guy/IMG00161.jpg

MongolPup
07-25-2009, 01:55 AM
If it had time to separate I don't see why not.

But don't fuck your shit up on account of me lol

X-Runner
07-25-2009, 01:56 AM
That was my thinking and the reason I let it separate like I did. Maybe Ill try it in the weed wacker first lol

qwick
07-25-2009, 01:57 AM
Just to be on the safe side I say no. Just go buy more gas and get rid of that shit, better to be safe than sorry.

X-Runner
07-25-2009, 02:03 AM
I'm deff not putting it back in the boat IF I use it for anything. Breaking down on the water SUCKS!

qwick
07-25-2009, 02:10 AM
I'm deff not putting it back in the boat IF I use it for anything. Breaking down on the water SUCKS!

Yea i know how ya feel, My old jetski crapped out on me about 2 mile away from the lake house, it took me almost and hour to flag some one down to tow me back home.

Catnip
07-25-2009, 02:12 AM
I find it funny you drive a DSM though... :lmao:

qwick
07-25-2009, 02:13 AM
I find it funny you drive a DSM though... :lmao:

lol why is that? The DSM has neve broken down on me *knock on wood*

Catnip
07-25-2009, 02:17 AM
lol why is that? The DSM has neve broken down on me *knock on wood*
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/9914/generalsherman.jpg

You'll need it... lol

qwick
07-25-2009, 02:21 AM
lol DSM's arent that bad. I have owned this one for a little over a year with no problems. Auctual my old civic use to give me more trouble than the DSM ever has. Oh and aslo,nice meeting you earlier.

Catnip
07-25-2009, 02:25 AM
I'll +1 that. Neither of mine ever gave me problems. Although I know where 6 are off the top of my head that aren't running... LOL

You too man, especially sonic, that was fun.

qwick
07-25-2009, 02:33 AM
I'll +1 that. Neither of mine ever gave me problems. Although I know where 6 are off the top of my head that aren't running... LOL

You too man, especially sonic, that was fun

Funny story, about a week ago me and a friend were at 49 salvage, a junk yard here in town and out of no where all this smoke comes waffting out from the back side of the complex. So we walked over to see what the deal was. Turns out an old 1g had some how cought on fire. Weird thing was, the guy who put the fire out said the car had no engine or trans so he had no idea what caused it to catch fire.

Poor Pete ever one gave him hell to night after we left the track.lol

TheGodfather
07-25-2009, 02:43 AM
Drink that shit.

Catnip
07-25-2009, 02:44 AM
Funny story, about a week ago me and a friend were at 49 salvage, a junk yard here in town and out of no where all this smoke comes waffting out from the back side of the complex. So we walked over to see what the deal was. Turns out an old 1g had some how cought on fire. Weird thing was, the guy who put the fire out said the car had no engine or trans so he had no idea what caused it to catch fire.

Poor Pete ever one gave him hell to night after we left the track.lol

LOL.

Spontaneous combustion; only happens to DSMs and RX7s.

qwick
07-25-2009, 02:49 AM
LOL.

Spontaneous combustion; only happens to DSMs and RX7s.

HAHA the only other car that make a DSM owner think "wow that guys car is more unreliable than mine"

TheGodfather
07-25-2009, 03:05 AM
HAHA the only other car that make a DSM owner think "wow that guys car is more unreliable than mine"

Japenese cars only?

Cause I think BMW owners think that alot.