PDA

View Full Version : General Chat AMP news...

brittoknee
07-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Atlanta Motorsports Park is unveiling their new track design at Hennessy Porsche in Roswell next Thursday at 7pm. I'll be there volunteering with the AMP staff! I just checked out their site and noticed that Balanced Performance has apparently teamed up with AMP...

This is big news for me... Ed Senf and BP were the only guys I'd go to for dynotuning when I had my lude. Congrats guys.... you do some kickass work!

http://www.atlantamotorsportspark.net/news/BalancedPerformanceMotorsports-AMPPartnership.pdf

Balanced Performance Motorsports is proud to announce its new partnership with the Atlanta Motorsports Park
For Immediate Release June 2, 2009- 12:30pm Sugar Hill, GA
http://balancedperformance.com
Balanced Performance Motorsports (BPM), the south’s premier repair and performance facility has announced they are in final negotiations for a new partnership with Atlanta Motorsports Park. Once finalized, BPM will be moving its entire operations including their maintenance, fabrication, and dyno facilities from its current location in Sugar Hill, GA near Road Atlanta, to the new Atlanta Motorsports Park in Dawsonville. “We feel that AMP can offer us and our customers many opportunities not available at our current location” stated Dr. Chuck Ellis, co-owner and CEO of Balanced Performance. “We feel AMP can bring us not only an incredible sales and marketing team, but also a world class facility and location that is unmatched in the industry. We cannot be more excited about the opportunities that this partnership brings.” Through this alliance, AMP members will have direct access to full racing, repair, and performance facilities at the track.
As an added bonus for AMP members, Balanced Performance will perform track readiness and technical inspections for members cars free of charge. “We want all AMP members to feel confident that their cars are safe and ready to drive” stated Jason Plante, BPM co-owner. BPM can even provide ride-alongs and racing tips by appointment, as the owners are certified racing instructors. While BPM will continue to provide their full spectrum of vehicle services to their outside customers, AMP members will get special deals and discounts including roll cage fabrication and DynoJet tuning. Also, as an official tech inspection facility for National Auto Sport Association (NASA), BPM can perform annual and tech inspections to avoid waiting in line on a driving course day. Course side support and services will also be available.
Whether the need is for high-performance on the street, or racing on the track, Balanced Performance will accommodate the needs of the AMP member. Our racing endeavors have taught us the importance of integrating chassis set-up, adequate braking and maximum driveline performance to achieve balanced results.
Please contact us for more information about our services, and stay tuned for further announcements about the potential relocation. We look forward to building lasting and rewarding relationships, as we become part of the Atlanta Motorsports Park family.

woo! dunno if this is old news for you guys... I did a search and didn't see anything on here about it.

dazn
07-24-2009, 05:52 PM
interesting.
sounds like AMP is talking to every shop in the area. :ninja:

Tracy
07-24-2009, 05:57 PM
interesting.
sounds like AMP is talking to every shop in the area. :ninja:w3rd. That would be the smartest thing to do. I am totally excited for the track. Jeremy seems like a legit guy. I am so glad they made it through. It was really a crap shoot. I think when there are good intentions, good stuff happens.

That is going to be a great partnership for Balanced. Dan discussed the opportunity when presented, but it's was just way too much money for the land and the monthly distribution to the track. We just wouldn't be able to afford the upfront costs. I know it would have paid off in the end, but up front was our of our range. They could have made a different deal with Balanced. Either way, like I said, I am glad they made it through the hard times. We would have loved to be in Balanced's shoes.

green91
07-24-2009, 06:56 PM
While i dont give two shits about the track being in dawsonville, the thought of having a local dyno and potentially dyno days etc to me does sound very nice!!

brittoknee
08-03-2009, 11:17 PM
w3rd. That would be the smartest thing to do. I am totally excited for the track. Jeremy seems like a legit guy. I am so glad they made it through. It was really a crap shoot. I think when there are good intentions, good stuff happens.

That is going to be a great partnership for Balanced. Dan discussed the opportunity when presented, but it's was just way too much money for the land and the monthly distribution to the track. We just wouldn't be able to afford the upfront costs. I know it would have paid off in the end, but up front was our of our range. They could have made a different deal with Balanced. Either way, like I said, I am glad they made it through the hard times. We would have loved to be in Balanced's shoes.

I didn't realize they were asking different shops. Either way I'm happy for Balanced and AMP as well. We had about 450 ppl come out Thurs night so this thing is definitely moving full steam ahead!

Tracy
08-04-2009, 06:25 AM
I didn't realize they were asking different shops. Either way I'm happy for Balanced and AMP as well. We had about 450 ppl come out Thurs night so this thing is definitely moving full steam ahead!Yea, it was a land for sale kind of thing, as far as I know.

nsany(atl)
08-04-2009, 09:04 AM
is Balanced even a revelent shop any more. It seems all the work on is used car lots broke down cars.

Tracy
08-04-2009, 09:12 AM
is Balanced even a revelent shop any more. It seems all the work on is used car lots broke down cars.From what I have heard, they do lots of track car stuff because of Ed. I wonder how this will work out now that they aren't across from Sunbelt anymore which is Ed's primary job. It was my understanding that he tuned there because they were across the street from his job and it was a convenience factor for Ed. Ed isn't actually an employee of theirs, but a contractor. That's why you can't just pop in and get a tune.

I could be totally behind the times and wrong, so take my words with a grain of salt, but I am pretty sure this is how it was for a period of time when I was in the loop.

Vteckidd
08-04-2009, 09:35 AM
Sunbelt moved A LONG time ago, they havent been there in at least a few years. They combined with Kinetic IIRC

Balanced hired another guy to do tuning, and ED i think was kinda just by appt only. I dont know if Ed still works for sunbelt or not.

From the stuff i have heard from one of the techs up there, Balanced wasnt doing very well. After sunbelt left and such a lot of work slowed down and they were having trouble meeting payroll. I know jason rents that building from the original owner. This may be a move not only financially but for business as well.

They did primarily a lot of race prep work for the Road Atlanta cars. Interesting they are giving that market up or so it seems.

Tracy
08-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Sunbelt moved A LONG time ago, they havent been there in at least a few years. They combined with Kinetic IIRC

Balanced hired another guy to do tuning, and ED i think was kinda just by appt only. I dont know if Ed still works for sunbelt or not.

From the stuff i have heard from one of the techs up there, Balanced wasnt doing very well. After sunbelt left and such a lot of work slowed down and they were having trouble meeting payroll. I know jason rents that building from the original owner. This may be a move not only financially but for business as well.

They did primarily a lot of race prep work for the Road Atlanta cars. Interesting they are giving that market up or so it seems.

I had heard all of that as well. It just isn't taken well when it comes from me :D Ed was the bread and butter—rightfully so. Other than that, I hadn't seen anything impressive from them in a while, but I don't follow them that closely. I assume I would have seen them in a mag or 2 if they were...but what do I know?

The AMP location is mint for a shop that races, but it is going to be WAY expensive to maintain. Like I said, land purchase/rental and then distributions to the track. There isn't that much money to go around without outside support at that capacity of a shop.

brittoknee
03-30-2010, 12:07 PM
Construction and clearing has begun! here's a peek at the track...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b108/brittoknee/PMC_Atlanta_Page_3.jpg

e30pwr
03-30-2010, 01:14 PM
is Balanced even a revelent shop any more. It seems all the work on is used car lots broke down cars.
el oh el. I lived right near them less than a year ago, needless to say, you can't be farther from right. They did have a few cars sitting out front but not broke down level cars.

How long ago did they move? I remember the sign and whatnot still being on the building as of last summer??

And as far as i remember, Balanced and Sunbelt were feet from each other. If you pull the street view on google you can see the building to the left is/was Sunbelt.