PDA

View Full Version : Gremlins

NAMNORI
07-24-2009, 04:13 AM
So i am trying to figure out whats wrong with my 1990 240sx. here are the details

so i'm coming home the other night and all of my lights go out all at once and then the engine dies. i figure its the alternato no biggie get the car pulled to the house and work on it in the morning. i changed out the alternator and damn it it still acts up. i can't rev it past 4500rpms and evertime i turn on the headlights the radio cut off and the engine dies. wtf does anyone have any ideas or has this happened to anyone and what is the fix???? Please!!!!!

DirtyMechanic
07-24-2009, 04:26 AM
umm you need a new car..... ricer...

NAMNORI
07-24-2009, 04:32 AM
hey man seriously dont post unless you are going to help. i really dont need your bitchy bullshit ok? buh-bye now.

DirtyMechanic
07-24-2009, 04:44 AM
bitchy bullshit.... really.... were was it bitchy? so i take it you havent got any further with it.

j0natell0
07-24-2009, 08:29 AM
umm you need a new car..... ricer...

umm.. wtf is ur problem?

gl with ur car bill

batlbrandon
07-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Check all you interior harness's. check ecu harness. something has come loose or short out. Its going to be a real pain but the best way to do it is look at easy stuff first. If it consistantly does it when you turn on the radio, then start there. remove the radio. atleast you can narrow it further. If it is coincidence, check all the harness behind the radio. good luck. And if you are really not getting anywhere we have an awesome wiring guy here. we will be able to figure it out.

Barefoot
07-24-2009, 06:42 PM
Check all you interior harness's. check ecu harness. something has come loose or short out. Its going to be a real pain but the best way to do it is look at easy stuff first. If it consistantly does it when you turn on the radio, then start there. remove the radio. atleast you can narrow it further. If it is coincidence, check all the harness behind the radio. good luck. And if you are really not getting anywhere we have an awesome wiring guy here. we will be able to figure it out.dat right

NAMNORI
07-25-2009, 08:41 PM
found the problem all is good now. it seems one of my ground wires got too close to the engine and melted a little(alot).

DirtyMechanic
07-26-2009, 05:04 AM
I told you the problem fool... dont you be forgeting that... oh that wire didnt do anythings pshhhhhh thats why they call me jesus fool. i know it all... lol now fix the belts you shreaded... lol