PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: IA OWNERS/ADMINS...i has a question

Evil Goat
07-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Don't delete the thread....someone put aside what you may think about me, man up, and answer honestly.

Why is it that when someone puts on something to further the scene they have to be a sponsor to post up about it and get interest?

You guys claim to be all about the scene, wanting to bring the scene full circle to what it used to be yet when a non sponsor puts their own time, effort, and money out there your goons come by and delete threads. I mean it's not like they're doing that great of a job in the first place, seeing as how the first 3 threads on the other 3 races seemed to have slip through the cracks apparently and are still up as we speak.

Our shop has put on 4 events this year alone, granted they were focused solely on drag racing, that we haven't made one dime on, in fact all told we have spent a nice chunk of change in time and prizes to put on these events. We have invited all of IA to participate every time and have a good turnout each time. The first race alone we had 23 racers, with a purse paid out of $250 to the winner, not to mention money to 2nd and 3rd place as well.

This go around we have some nice companies, such as exospeed and goautoworks, coming in with prizes, etc, and are in talks with other major companies as late as this afternoon for other stuff, as well as participants coming from as far as maryland and texas....although this event wont be a nationally recognized event its a chance for people to come out and run their cars. We also have plans of doing a friday night get together with everyone and getting some food, which for anyone who has been to a national event knows its good to get together and network and see old faces.

Sport Compact racing, whether anyone wants to admit it or not, took a huge hit when the NOPI race series collapsed. Now granted we aren't NOPI, but we are trying our damndest to get people back out at the track. We have put on a local challenge to anyone who can run 10.99 or faster in a car they haven't previously run those times in with great success...and we are seeing a insurgence of people at the track again.

I know some of you don't understand because drag racing isn't your thing....but imagine if what you love to do in the car world disappeared overnight. I know the response will be that it is not fair to the sponsors of the site....but I challenge them then, I don't see any sponsors putting on any sport compact drag racing events, if they were we would be putting our thoughts of money aside and participating.

We are trying to further the sport compact drag racing scene by putting our time, effort, and money, especially in this bullshit economy, into some small events in hopes to get people back into racing and wanting to do it competitively and the one place that claims to be all about the scene is actually all about the money....seems to me some people are being hypocrites....kinda reminds me of MSN :rolleyes:

i'm not mentioning the name of our shop for a reason....these races are not about our shop, its about wanting to get people back out to the track. with the admins permission i would like to redo our thread and will be happy to remove any reference of our shop whatsoever.

jnv255
07-23-2009, 08:42 PM
:goodjob:

JJSPEC Racing
07-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Don't delete the thread....someone put aside what you may think about me, man up, and answer honestly.

Why is it that when someone puts on something to further the scene they have to be a sponsor to post up about it and get interest?

Sport Compact racing, whether anyone wants to admit it or not, took a huge hit when the NOPI race series collapsed. Now granted we aren't NOPI, but we are trying our damndest to get people back out at the track. We have put on a local challenge to anyone who can run 10.99 or faster in a car they haven't previously run those times in with great success...and we are seeing a insurgence of people at the track again.

I know some of you don't understand because drag racing isn't your thing....but imagine if what you love to do in the car world disappeared overnight. I know the response will be that it is not fair to the sponsors of the site....but I challenge them then, I don't see any sponsors putting on any sport compact drag racing events.

We are trying to further the sport compact drag racing scene by putting our time, effort, and money, especially in this bullshit economy, into some small events in hopes to get people back into racing and wanting to do it competitively and the one place that claims to be all about the scene is actually all about the money....seems to me some people are being hypocrites....kinda reminds me of MSN :rolleyes:

i'm not mentioning the name of our shop for a reason....these races are not about our shop, its about wanting to get people back out to the track. with the admins permission i would like to redo our thread and will be happy to remove any reference of our shop whatsoever.

This is definately the truth. We just want to see people at the track! Nothing like the friendships that are made and lessons learned. Money is tight now more than ever and at least some people should appreciate the efforts of a few to keep the racing alive. It would suck so bad for the whole scene to fold up and die. Trust me it can happen.

Evil Goat
07-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Trust me it can happen.

it is happening as we speak...there isn't a noteworthy series worth competing in to speak of, drag racing is taking a hard hit, and it's sad to see an entity such as IA turn their back on us.

PURP
07-23-2009, 08:57 PM
I'll be honest. I don't drag race. I honest think it's pointless. But it is kinda entertaining to watch. I will also have to agree with everything you said. A place that is all about the scene, needs to back up anything and everything that's brought by the locals and by real enthusiest(sp). I may not like drag racing and I may find it pointless, but none the less, it is apart of the entire "ATLANTA SCENE" and should be recognized for what it is..

All you drag queens(lol)(j/K)have my backing, even tho it's not worth anything. And I thank you for the things you do for the scene of drag racing. :goodjob:

JJSPEC Racing
07-23-2009, 09:02 PM
I'll be honest. I don't drag race. I honest think it's pointless. But it is kinda entertaining to watch. I will also have to agree with everything you said. A place that is all about the scene, needs to back up anything and everything that's brought by the locals and by real enthusiest(sp). I may not like drag racing and I may find it pointless, but none the less, it is apart of the entire "ATLANTA SCENE" and should be recognized for what it is..

All you drag queens(lol)(j/K)have my backing, even tho it's not worth anything. And I thank you for the things you do for the scene of drag racing. :goodjob:

Thanks. There are things people do with cars that I dont participate in either, but I respect them because it is their passion. If you want to drift, show, drag, have a dyno king, or whatever you want to do I can definately find something about it to enjoy.

MachNU
07-23-2009, 09:02 PM
i would answer but i am not longer an admin so...

Evil Goat
07-23-2009, 09:03 PM

thanks man...peoples minds are cluttered with "what's in it for me?" nowadays, which is the real reason the scene will NEVER be what it used to be.

Evil Goat
07-23-2009, 09:04 PM
i would answer but i am not longer an admin so...

all the more reason to tell me what you really think...

PURP
07-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Thanks. There are things people do with cars that I dont participate in either, but I respect them because it is their passion. If you want to drift, show, drag, have a dyno king, or whatever you want to do I can definately find something about it to enjoy.

well, like I said. Maybe it's because I don't have the money to build a 12 sec or faster car, but seeing something like your integra with a single cam, running what it does. To me, that is fucking cool.. I have made respect for people who have that kind of passion and drive to make something as you did and be sucessful with it. You get the reps for that, also...

MachNU
07-23-2009, 09:11 PM
all the more reason to tell me what you really think...

Well honestly I would agree with you. There are alot of events that should not be pursued for money to sponsor on here. Now granted some of the events that do come through are going to be making money. So why should IA help sponsor them if they are taking %100 of the profits. THe rules state if you have a show/event that is geared toward a charity or is %100 non-profit than you can have a thread up. But you would have to prove that it is non-profit and a event that pays out a cash prize to the top 3 to me is profitable event. If the cash purse is judged on how many show, then the more advertisement you get the bigger the purse.

Otherwise if you just are holding something for the scene, in the scene and are making anything than the rules say you can make a thread on here about it.

Then also if its a shop trying to advertise a event/show at there place thats not a sponsor of here there, using IA to get traffic for themselves. Thats a huge slap in the face to every other LLC company and shop that pays IA monthly or yearly to advertise there business on here!

TSiFTW
07-23-2009, 09:17 PM
One other thing I see a lot on this site is a lot of discouragement to people who are into different things. Namely show cars. I myself like full on show cars but if you post anything on here about one then you get flamed, hardcore. Point being it is still part of the scene and you should support it not hate on it. If you wouldn't drive it so what. The whole scene has gotten twisted. We all used to support each other no matter if we raced, showed, or just at least tried. I am so sick of hearing the word tasteful thrown around. Everyone has different taste. Even back when we all did the fast and furious style people would still show up to meets with half assed fucked up looking rides. Plain and simple support the scene. I see so many noobs come on here and instantly someone neg reps them for no reason other than they don't like the looks of their car, or they ask a noob question. That is no way to treat someone who is trying to keep our scene alive. Embrace them and help them. SUPPORT is what it is all about.

Evil Goat
07-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Well honestly I would agree with you. There are alot of events that should not be pursued for money to sponsor on here. Now granted some of the events that do come through are going to be making money. So why should IA help sponsor them if they are taking %100 of the profits. THe rules state if you have a show/event that is geared toward a charity or is %100 non-profit than you can have a thread up. But you would have to prove that it is non-profit and a event that pays out a cash prize to the top 3 to me is profitable event. If the cash purse is judged on how many show, then the more advertisement you get the bigger the purse.

Otherwise if you just are holding something for the scene, in the scene and are making anything than the rules say you can make a thread on here about it.

Then also if its a shop trying to advertise a event/show at there place thats not a sponsor of here there, using IA to get traffic for themselves. Thats a huge slap in the face to every other LLC company and shop that pays IA monthly or yearly to advertise there business on here!

so how much does gadsm kick back to ia for import showdown?

the races definitely aren't for charity, but i can assure you, and provide whatever proof to whoever that we haven't made a dime off any of the races we put on...i have never put my time and effort behind a shop anywhere before until this place came along, if you ever meet jj you will understand, hes all about getting people to participate, even if he has to spend his money and time to further it along

MachNU
07-23-2009, 09:21 PM
One other thing I see a lot on this site is a lot of discouragement to people who are into different things. Namely show cars. I myself like full on show cars but if you post anything on here about one then you get flamed, hardcore. Point being it is still part of the scene and you should support it not hate on it. If you wouldn't drive it so what. The whole scene has gotten twisted. We all used to support each other no matter if we raced, showed, or just at least tried. I am so sick of hearing the word tasteful thrown around. Everyone has different taste. Even back when we all did the fast and furious style people would still show up to meets with half assed fucked up looking rides. Plain and simple support the scene. I see so many noobs come on here and instantly someone neg reps them for no reason other than they don't like the looks of their car, or they ask a noob question. That is no way to treat someone who is trying to keep our scene alive. Embrace them and help them. SUPPORT is what it is all about.

Again against the rules. If someone is going around bashing people and negging repping them outside the KF or WL then that person needs to be warned by a mod or banned!

TSiFTW
07-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Again against the rules. If someone is going around bashing people and negging repping them outside the KF or WL then that person needs to be warned by a mod or banned!

Yet it happens all the time and nothing is ever said.

MachNU
07-23-2009, 09:23 PM
so how much does gadsm kick back to ia for import showdown?

the races definitely aren't for charity, but i can assure you, and provide whatever proof to whoever that we haven't made a dime off any of the races we put on...i have never put my time and effort behind a shop anywhere before until this place came along, if you ever meet jj you will understand, hes all about getting people to participate, even if he has to spend his money and time to further it along

If they paid thats between Atif/Paul/Julio.

But maybe, if you are going *******Shop is holding something, and that shop is not a sponsor then in essence that shop is drawing business for themselves and getting there name out through here. Thats a business problem, not something about the scene! Granted the business might involve the scene, but a bigger % is geared for the shops name than the scene!

JITB
07-23-2009, 09:24 PM
i agree with the op!

MachNU
07-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Yet it happens all the time and nothing is ever said.

Have you been PMing it to the mods? There are only about 20 sm's and only half of them are on at a time!

quickdodgeŽ
07-23-2009, 09:28 PM
show up to meets with half assed fucked up looking rides.

I'll tell you something. This is what I love about our OSJC meets. We have on average about 50 cars that come to each one. Of those 50, MAYBE 2 or 3 could be show-worthy. Our cars come in missing parts left and right. Oil trails behind them. Rusted out panels. Wires hanging all out from under the dash. Wires all over the engine. Not one person rags on another for that, either. If everyone were that way, it would be good again. Later, QD.

Evil Goat
07-23-2009, 09:32 PM
If they paid thats between Atif/Paul/Julio.

But maybe, if you are going *******Shop is holding something, and that shop is not a sponsor then in essence that shop is drawing business for themselves and getting there name out through here. Thats a business problem, not something about the scene! Granted the business might involve the scene, but a bigger % is geared for the shops name than the scene!

i agree 100%...like i said, i challenge the current sponsors to put something on for us starving for some competition...unfortunately, b/c it isn't their niche or it may not profitable they don't...but the ones who do get shit on

MachNU
07-23-2009, 09:34 PM
i agree 100%...like i said, i challenge the current sponsors to put something on for us starving for some competition...unfortunately, b/c it isn't their niche or it may not profitable they don't...but the ones who do get shit on

I agree there needs to be more shop events. Hell even MCE rents out the track 2-4 days a year!

Evil Goat
07-23-2009, 09:35 PM
I agree there needs to be more shop events. Hell even MCE rents out the track 2-4 days a year!

true, me and jj both went to the last mce event, and it was pretty decent, had some nice cars show up

TSiFTW
07-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Have you been PMing it to the mods? There are only about 20 sm's and only half of them are on at a time!

They don't do it to me. I just see it as I'm browsing the forum. My point was it doesn't necessarily have to be bashing but just 5 or 6 people telling a noob that he shouldn't do this or shouldn't do that will discourage someone who is new to this. He may not like the a certain look, but if everyone is telling him oh your wheels look terrible or I hate the bumper then you make them feel like they have failed. Why can't people just say to themselves well I wouldn't do that to my car but if that guy likes it, (which he/she obviously does or they wouldn't have it on their car), then that is good enough for me.

JJSPEC Racing
07-23-2009, 09:36 PM
I'll tell you something. This is what I love about our OSJC meets. We have on average about 50 cars that come to each one. Of those 50, MAYBE 2 or 3 could be show-worthy. Our cars come in missing parts left and right. Oil trails behind them. Rusted out panels. Wires hanging all out from under the dash. Wires all over the engine. Not one person rags on another for that, either. If everyone were that way, it would be good again. Later, QD.

And that is what is awesome, people enjoying their cars, that is what it is all about! In this economy it is hard to find a few extra dollars to enjoy your car. Hopefully we will start seeing some more events/gatherings/ etc.

81911SC
07-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Yet it happens all the time and nothing is ever said.No reason you can't let us know. I'm on all the time, just send me a pm.

TSiFTW
07-23-2009, 09:41 PM

Exactly my point. It is all about the cars!!!!! As long as someone is trying, just be happy for them. At least they are trying to keep this scene alive. :goodjob:

TSiFTW
07-23-2009, 09:44 PM
No reason you can't let us know. I'm on all the time, just send me a pm.

Will start doing that.:goodjob: Cause it is a certain few that I see doing it and it does piss me off sometimes.

quickdodgeŽ
07-23-2009, 09:46 PM
It seems there is an AE lurking about. Later, QD.

81911SC
07-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Will start doing that.:goodjob: Cause it is a certain few that I see doing it and it does piss me off sometimes.Yea man, just let me know and if I'm not on I'll check it when I get on.

PURP
07-23-2009, 09:49 PM
I can't wait to be apart of the old school crowd. :ninja: As QD stated and many others. It's supposed to be about enjoying the cars and people. Not about how this and that looks good or not.

Evil- you'll have a PM in about 3 mins...

AFSil80
07-23-2009, 10:01 PM
To my knowledge, the shop who has been putting on these events hasn't made a single dime, if anything, JJ has SPENT money on things such as trophies and cash prizes for making certain achievements, and with upcoming races, he is not the only one doing so.

Now this may not sit well with people who are going to read this, but if this site administration is going to remove event threads that don't make money for THEM, then that makes them no different than the crew at MSN, in my eyes. You can't expect everyone to accept the double standard.

Paul
07-24-2009, 08:32 AM
i don't know what was said/deleted about the above mentioned event threads - so i will look into it.

i do know that the event forum has been used to make lots of promoters lots of money who basically get on here just to use IA to help launch their events. i've closed down events on here alot before b/c i think the people involved are just using us and i've been spending money out of my own pocket on atlanta scene since the late 90's.

i'm all about supporting the scene and if there is an event being posted that doesn't look like a large money event then we let things slide, but if we see shops/promoters pushing event on here who don't work w/ IA we are inclined to shut them down. this doesn't mean you have to sponsor IA to post an event - we just like to make sure we aren't being taken advantage of.

trust me i have never had one person in the years i've been on IA step up and say hey can i help you pay for the servers, pay for advertising, etc...

IA IS WAY DIFFERENT THAN MSN AND OTHER PROMOTION GROUPS... WHEN A BILL COMES IN IT COMES OUT OF MY POCKETS... NOT IA - TRUST ME IF YOU THINK ALL OF THE SPONSORS LISTED ON THIS SITE ARE PAYING US SHIT TONS OF MONEY YOU ARE SADLY MISTAKEN. SERVER COST HAS BEEN COMING OUT OF JULIO'S CHECKING ACCOUNT SINCE WE STARTED. $200 A MONTH WOULD MAKE A NICE DAILY DRIVER PAYMENT FOR HIM/I. AND EVENTS LIKE TFS DON'T COME FREE TO US. TRY PRICING OUT WHAT IT COST TO RENT THE ATLANTA DRAGWAY FOR A NIGHT TO THROW AN EVENT.

4dmin
07-24-2009, 08:39 AM
If you thread has been deleted from the show/events section, then you should come to me personally and let me know.

I have let TONS of charity events, non-profit event be displayed in the EVENTS section with no problem. I have even gone as far as sticking the thread so it gets more attention.

I want the scene to come back, that is why we are throwing another TunerFest show, thats why so many people on here can vouch that I let there show go for free.

Majority of the drift events, track days, Import Alliance and more are all non-profit shows that were stickied and they posted all they wanted to for free.

I support the scene completely, and I want the scene to live. If your posts are constantly being deleted, please come to me and let me know. I'll discuss it with you in a very professional manner and if it is what you are saynig, then I'll undelete the thread and sticky it for more attraction.

90% of the time the thread is deleted by a MOD, because that is what they have been told to do. If you thread is deleted, you can always contact any MOD and tell them to look up the thread as to why it was deleted. If you get no resolution from that, PM me. I get about 20 PM's a day in regards to all sorts of things and I honestly look into everyone of them. Sometimes I do miss some, but I do my best.

To go along with Paul's quote, we dont get paid tons of money for sponsors to be on this site. I have been dishing out money out of my pocket here also since I've been on board.

Thanks,

Admin

Paul
07-24-2009, 08:40 AM
this was sent to me so what are the details of this event... i mean you guys want to stir shit up obviously....

http://www.maconracers.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10659

why wouldn't you mention the shop?

4dmin
07-24-2009, 08:51 AM
I opened this thread to hear what Evil Goat and others have to say about the link Paul posted.

Lets get some input on that.

IF THIS THREAD GETS STUPID POSTS IT WILL GET LOCKED. CIVIL CONVERSATION.

Vteckidd
07-24-2009, 09:59 AM
YEah i think you guys need to understand this is a business. YOu cant just spam your events on here and hope everything goes the right way.

If you dont like it, PM AND ADMIN. Starting a call out thread on multiple sites and bitching isnt going to get anything to go your way.

I think paul explained it the right way. They just dont want people using them to make a ton of money .

AFSil80
07-24-2009, 10:19 AM
YEah i think you guys need to understand this is a business. YOu cant just spam your events on here and hope everything goes the right way.

If you dont like it, PM AND ADMIN. Starting a call out thread on multiple sites and bitching isnt going to get anything to go your way.

I think paul explained it the right way. They just dont want people using them to make a ton of money .

I wouldn't consider it spam, since it's non-profit, but that's just my opinion.

As Jimmy stated on both here and MR.org, all he wants is for people to get out and race! I have never met anyone as passionate about sport compact racing when it comes to him. Having been one of his first employees (in school now, unable to keep working), I know his mindset in this matter. Is there room for promotion on his end? Certainly, but I can tell you this much:

He wants to get the event information out and get people to come out and go racing and enjoy the sport. Anyone who has had a passion for ANY sort of motorsport will understand.

I know events like Tunerfest @ Commerce ain't free, but I've always supported when I was able to, and I still plan on going to TFS at Mainstream this September.

I guess it can just seem a bit misleading with Jimmy putting the event on and having the shop sponsor it, but I assure you, if you meet the man, you'd understand how he feels about just wanting people to come out and race. He has catered the rules in these events to include people who normally wouldn't have a shot in hell at winning an event like Import Showdown or Import Faceoff, and still have payouts.

Like I just posted on MR, we're passionate on the same level, but evidently there is some sort of conflict that is keeping it from working out. Hopefully we can get this turned around and going in the proper direction.

Tracy
07-24-2009, 10:28 AM
I have seen plenty of events posted on here with no problem and I know they aren't sponsors. For example, the SED drift events are posted on here every time there is one. People say come to the event. I don't know what you posted, but if you were pumping your shop, maybe that is why.

As a sponsor, I don't see an issue if you are inviting people to an event, but if there is promotions other than that in it, it's a little different.

JJSPEC Racing
07-24-2009, 10:33 AM
this was sent to me so what are the details of this event... i mean you guys want to stir shit up obviously....

http://www.maconracers.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10659

why wouldn't you mention the shop?

this is evil goat...i'm at work and for some reason we can't get JJ's name signed off

at any rate, thank you for reopening the thread.

the sole reason of asking the local guys not to mention the shop is that most of them know us, most of them trust us, and all of them know this isn't about the shop. Were it about the shop we would have asked them to go nuts, but we didn't, we posted it in a part of our forum that is looked at by only the drag racing crowd....Shit tends to fly when ego's get involved and i wanted to make it clear to our local guys that mentioning the shop does nothing but hurt our chances to revive drag racing as a whole...we haven't made one cent from these races, and have spent money out of our own pockets to further the scene, just as IA has. I'm just not seeing why its a problem to post up the race....like i said we are 100% fine with supplying whatever it is you think you need to prove we haven't made any money from these events and am more than willing to have any such posts preapproved.

Our entry fee on the race is $25, which breaks down like so...
$10 entry fee - $15 tech card, all of which is collected at the gate by SDR employees. Ed, the owner of SDR has been nice enough to work with us because he has seen the decline is racing and he gives the $15 tech card back to the racers in the form of a purse...not one dime touches our hands going in or out of SDR on these races.....the payout was 100% of what was taken in by SDR. We have paid out in the form of prizes, trophies, and cash for such things as best reaction time, best 60', best mph, etc. I want to make it 100% clear that we do not get any cut on the side whatsoever reagardless if 10 people showed up or 10million.

Our first race was won by a guy in his girlfriends scion tc and he walked away with $250 CASH....that tells you how much we care about the scene and sparking peoples interest in racing...it's not all about how much money you can throw at a car, we want people racing, woman, men, 10 second cars, or 15 second cars....we don't care as long as they are racing and supporting the local community.

I personally, and i know i can speak for any employee we have, don't want to step on the toes of the sponsors, these are well established business' and although we don't model ourselves after them we certaily look to them for guidance, sort of speak.

I will apologize for any mention of the shop....I didn't see it to be a big of a deal as it apparently is because there hasn't been a sponsored drag racing event on IA in forever that i can remember.

We want nothing more than to come to an agreement with IA and invite everyone here to come to the event.

Paul
07-24-2009, 10:37 AM
I wouldn't consider it spam, since it's non-profit, but that's just my opinion.

As Jimmy stated on both here and MR.org, all he wants is for people to get out and race! I have never met anyone as passionate about sport compact racing when it comes to him. Having been one of his first employees (in school now, unable to keep working), I know his mindset in this matter. Is there room for promotion on his end? Certainly, but I can tell you this much:

He wants to get the event information out and get people to come out and go racing and enjoy the sport. Anyone who has had a passion for ANY sort of motorsport will understand.

I know events like Tunerfest @ Commerce ain't free, but I've always supported when I was able to, and I still plan on going to TFS at Mainstream this September.

I guess it can just seem a bit misleading with Jimmy putting the event on and having the shop sponsor it, but I assure you, if you meet the man, you'd understand how he feels about just wanting people to come out and race. He has catered the rules in these events to include people who normally wouldn't have a shot in hell at winning an event like Import Showdown or Import Faceoff, and still have payouts.

Like I just posted on MR, we're passionate on the same level, but evidently there is some sort of conflict that is keeping it from working out. Hopefully we can get this turned around and going in the proper direction.

110% agree

Tracy
07-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Most people on our level, sans things like NOPI and MSN, don't make money on our events. We all do them and go into debt hosting them. I hope you don't feel like the lone ranger, because you aren't. I hosted events for 3 years and went into debt $15k over it....all in the name of racing.

When you are promoting events, you just have to be considerate. You know forum etiquette, so use it. I think a PM would have done just fine and I know Paul well enough to know he is very reasonable and is definitely NOT in this for the money. As his friend, I personally take offense to that statement.

I hope it is all worked out now. I'm sure QD was just trying to do his job, heck he deleted one of my threads 2 days ago. He discussed it with the Admins and got back with me to tell me how to make it right. Now I know and won't do it again. It wasn't a big deal. He put it back and let me make it right and it is still there.

Paul
07-24-2009, 10:40 AM
this is evil goat...i'm at work and for some reason we can't get JJ's name signed off

at any rate, thank you for reopening the thread.

the sole reason of asking the local guys not to mention the shop is that most of them know us, most of them trust us, and all of them know this isn't about the shop. Were it about the shop we would have asked them to go nuts, but we didn't, we posted it in a part of our forum that is looked at by only the drag racing crowd....Shit tends to fly when ego's get involved and i wanted to make it clear to our local guys that mentioning the shop does nothing but hurt our chances to revive drag racing as a whole...we haven't made one cent from these races, and have spent money out of our own pockets to further the scene, just as IA has. I'm just not seeing why its a problem to post up the race....like i said we are 100% fine with supplying whatever it is you think you need to prove we haven't made any money from these events and am more than willing to have any such posts preapproved.

Our entry fee on the race is $25, which breaks down like so...
$10 entry fee - $15 tech card, all of which is collected at the gate by SDR employees. Ed, the owner of SDR has been nice enough to work with us because he has seen the decline is racing and he gives the $15 tech card back to the racers in the form of a purse...not one dime touches our hands going in or out of SDR on these races.....the payout was 100% of what was taken in by SDR. We have paid out in the form of prizes, trophies, and cash for such things as best reaction time, best 60', best mph, etc. I want to make it 100% clear that we do not get any cut on the side whatsoever reagardless if 10 people showed up or 10million.

I personally, and i know i can speak for any employee we have, don't want to step on the toes of the sponsors, these are well established business' and although we don't model ourselves after them we certaily look to them for guidance, sort of speak.

I will apologize for any mention of the shop....I didn't see it to be a big of a deal as it apparently is because there hasn't been a sponsored drag racing event on IA in forever that i can remember.

not a prob - i'll take the rest to PMs

Paul
07-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Most people on our level, sans things like NOPI and MSN, don't make money on our events. We all do them and go into debt hosting them. I hope you don't feel like the lone ranger, because you aren't. I hosted events for 3 years and went into debt $15k over it....all in the name of racing.

When you are promoting events, you just have to be considerate. You know forum etiquette, so use it. I think a PM would have done just fine and I know Paul well enough to know he is very reasonable and is definitely NOT in this for the money. As his friend, I personally take offense to that statement.

I hope it is all worked out now. I'm sure QD was just trying to do his job, heck he deleted one of my threads 2 days ago. He discussed it with the Admins and got back with me to tell me how to make it right. Now I know and won't do it again. It wasn't a big deal.

i appreciate it guys tracy/mike have known me for quite a while and tracy/i have done some events together - if i was making money on this shit i wouldn't even respond to this type of post.

Paul
07-24-2009, 11:04 AM
god dayum how many forums you gonna start shit on :rolleyes:

http://240atlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39382&page=3

Tracy
07-24-2009, 11:07 AM
Man o Man. I am in awe. All this and PM could have sufficed.

Paul
07-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Man o Man. I am in awe. All this and PM could have sufficed.

nothing ever changes on here, these people think i'm obviously loaded and enjoy spending my time/$$$ for everyone to have a place to chill online as well as platform to sell their forums/events/services/parts,etc.

whatever shit never ends - i appreciate the support from the people who know me.

Tracy
07-24-2009, 11:20 AM
nothing ever changes on here, these people think i'm obviously loaded and enjoy spending my time/$$$ for everyone to have a place to chill online as well as platform to sell their forums/events/services/parts,etc.

whatever shit never ends - i appreciate the support from the people who know me.Don't worry, babe. I know the deal. That's all you need. I am the most popular anyways :D I had the same problems with my events...so I just shut those bitches down. I get at least one email a day asking when I will do them again. I say when people grow the fuck up.

It's funny, because to me it's like you and evil are in the same exact boat. Doing shit for peeps who enjoy cars and getting no love or respect for it...except that you didn't even do anything for this treatment.

When you have the perception of being big (means you must have done something right, right?), people will hate because you put yourself out there. That's the price you pay. No good deed goes unpunished.

Catnip
07-24-2009, 11:23 AM
I get at least one email a day asking when I will do them again.

When you have the perception of being big, people will hate because you put yourself out there.

Just sayin.

Paul
07-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Don't worry, babe. I know the deal. That's all you need. I am the most popular anyways :D I had the same problems with my events...so I just shut those bitches down. I get at least one email a day asking when I will do them again. I say when people grow the fuck up.

It's funny, because to me it's like you and evil are in the same exact boat. Doing shit for peeps who enjoy cars and getting no love or respect for it...except that you didn't even do anything for this treatment.

When you have the facade of being big, people will hate because you put yourself out there. That's the price you pay. No good deed goes unpunished.

no doubt - it is what it is. just sad that this is why all of my friends are done w/ this scene. honestly one day i will be just another screen name on someones board and i'll be fine w/ that.

Kevykev
07-24-2009, 11:30 AM
High Quality Thread here.

Paul
07-24-2009, 11:31 AM
High Quality Thread here.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 11 (11 members and 0 guests) Paul (member.php?u=32282), joecoolfreak (member.php?u=8313), WalkS (member.php?u=4827), Kourt (member.php?u=6642), speedminded (member.php?u=879), aguynamedpat (member.php?u=12782), DriVaH (member.php?u=34076), NissanTun3r (member.php?u=23155), DynamicSound (member.php?u=30678), ARH1192 (member.php?u=13197), AFSil80 (member.php?u=2345)

Ya seems to be so.

:couch:

RL...
07-24-2009, 11:35 AM
pauls da man! :super:

I wanna see the vee dub @ tunerfest! Hopefully I'll have my new camera for the event so I cant take some good shots!

speedminded
07-24-2009, 12:01 PM

You guys claim to be all about the scene, wanting to bring the scene full circle to what it used to be yet when a non sponsor puts their own time, effort, and money out there your goons come by and delete threads. I mean it's not like they're doing that great of a job in the first place, seeing as how the first 3 threads on the other 3 races seemed to have slip through the cracks apparently and are still up as we speak.

Our shop has put on 4 events this year alone, granted they were focused solely on drag racing, that we haven't made one dime on, in fact all told we have spent a nice chunk of change in time and prizes to put on these events. We have invited all of IA to participate every time and have a good turnout each time. The first race alone we had 23 racers, with a purse paid out of $250 to the winner, not to mention money to 2nd and 3rd place as well.

This go around we have some nice companies, such as exospeed and goautoworks, coming in with prizes, etc, and are in talks with other major companies as late as this afternoon for other stuff, as well as participants coming from as far as maryland and texas....although this event wont be a nationally recognized event its a chance for people to come out and run their cars. We also have plans of doing a friday night get together with everyone and getting some food, which for anyone who has been to a national event knows its good to get together and network and see old faces.

I know some of you don't understand because drag racing isn't your thing....but imagine if what you love to do in the car world disappeared overnight. I know the response will be that it is not fair to the sponsors of the site....but I challenge them then, I don't see any sponsors putting on any sport compact drag racing events, if they were we would be putting our thoughts of money aside and participating.

i'm not mentioning the name of our shop for a reason....these races are not about our shop, its about wanting to get people back out to the track. with the admins permission i would like to redo our thread and will be happy to remove any reference of our shop whatsoever.You know you're stepping on toes or you wouldn't make this thread or be so specific about not mentioning shops originally. I bet you anything you didn't bother contacting the Admin or Paul to see if they would be interested in "supporting" the event or making sure it would be ok to "advertise" it. Non-profit or not, the business that is hosting the event IS a profit corporation and IS NOT an IA sponsor. Again, if you just pm'd Admin or Paul a head of time to get their input [instead of talking shit on other forums] it probably wouldn't be an issue.

All you drag queens(lol)(j/K)have my backing, even tho it's not worth anything. And I thank you for the things you do for the scene of drag racing. :goodjob:Entertaining to watch? lol! Unless it's at the level of Nitro or Pro Stock, watching drag racing is like watching paint dry. Even then it gets repetitive.

Being out there is a different story. Ever launch at a tree? It's all about the competition, with a balance of clutch and throttle to get that perfect launch and keeping it straight down the track. Doesn't matter if it's 9 seconds or 15...it's still competing.

JJSPEC Racing
07-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Talked to Paul a little while ago and we talked about everything. Paul has done a lot to support the sport compact scene and I appreciate what he has done. Thanks!

Stormhammer
07-24-2009, 12:27 PM

Not to mention having to jump start cars, or pick up the ones that broke down on the side of the road - in a twisted sense of irony, it was a Nissan that broke down, and a Starion that took one guy home :lmfao:

RL...
07-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Not to mention having to jump start cars, or pick up the ones that broke down on the side of the road - in a twisted sense of irony, it was a Nissan that broke down, and a Starion that took one guy home :lmfao:

lol

Paul
07-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Talked to Paul a little while ago and we talked about everything. Paul has done a lot to support the sport compact scene and I appreciate what he has done. Thanks!

everything is straight i appreciate the call you guys will see JJSpec on the baords soon as well as IA supporting their events.

i'm back from lunch and have a few guinesses in me so i'm :cheers:

JJSPEC Racing
07-24-2009, 02:29 PM
Evil Goat in this bitch....

I want to thank Paul for being professional, even when it's hard for me to do the same, lol!

I appreciate you guys working with us and I am glad that we were all able to come to a conclusion. We look forward to working with you guys and hope to put some faces with the names at TFS!

Julio
07-24-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm glad this got cleared up.

I hope we can use this thread as an example, When people talk in a business/professional way.. The end results are great.

IA will be @ At there event.

And for some odd reason, Im really looking forward to meet EvilGoat.

After years of bullshit talk.. maybe now a good hand shake will clear shit up.

BTW- IA has sponsor the GADSM event in the past.. Just an fyi =]

quickdodgeŽ
07-24-2009, 06:44 PM
i appreciate it guys tracy/mike have known me for quite a while

You talking about me?

I want to thank Paul for being professional,

Aww man. Lolol. Later, QD.

JKOBD
07-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Lets go racing.

Evil Goat
07-25-2009, 12:39 AM
Aww man. Lolol. Later, QD.

you know that was hard for me, lol :D

Lets go racing.

that we did, new pb's tonight....

10.98@126mph :D

Catnip
07-25-2009, 12:40 AM
Slow.

lol

Evil Goat
07-25-2009, 01:34 AM
Slow.

lol

im stealing your wheels :ninja:

qwick
07-25-2009, 01:39 AM
Yo Josh, You still owe me a 10 sec car.:ninja:
http://www.gabbyattic3.com/truepix/vin%20diesel.jpg

Catnip
07-25-2009, 01:45 AM
im stealing your wheels :ninja:

You likey? I wouldn't mind getting something else. lol
*disclaimer, normally means car, this time it means wheels*

JJSPEC Racing
07-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Yo Josh, You still owe me a 10 sec car.:ninja:
http://www.gabbyattic3.com/truepix/vin%20diesel.jpg

LOL!!! See what happens when you overnight $15000 worth of parts from Australia!

Evil Goat
07-25-2009, 03:24 PM
And for some odd reason, Im really looking forward to meet EvilGoat.

After years of bullshit talk.. maybe now a good hand shake will clear shit up.

:D you got it man!