PDA

View Full Version : Music Jay-Z is iLL, cant wait for the blueprint 3

PROŽ
07-23-2009, 11:09 AM
few jay-z updates:

jay-z concert where he freestlyed, in chicago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAO8_otCowE

jay-z interview with tim westwood:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuDMC_Hpf-U (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vNz7QHkE4I)

The Game brings Jay Z fans on stage @ gig in Hammersmith (LONDON, UK) & disses them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-neGZOCOsk

anywhoo blueprint 3 releases september 11th.:goodjob:

Sammich
07-23-2009, 11:10 AM
I THINK ILL BUY THIS ONE...SEEMS BETTER THAN AMERICAN GANGSTER

Julio
07-24-2009, 05:41 PM
JAY-Z killing all rappers even after 40...

JAY- Z > All...

uproot
07-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Yeah I can't wait for this to come out, I'm normally not hyped over hip-hop albums, but this one seems like its gonna be on point... especially after hearing D.O.A. *Death of Autotune*

PROŽ
07-24-2009, 06:32 PM

JAY- Z > All...

indeeed.

"I used to think rapping at 38 was ill,
last year alone i grossed 38 mill,
I know im not quite 38, but still,
The flow's so special got a 38 feel"

-jay-z

white_rice
07-24-2009, 09:40 PM
cant mess with nas..

81911SC
07-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Will buy

PROŽ
07-25-2009, 10:06 AM
cant mess with nas..

lol, imo

andre 3000>jay-z>nas>lupe fiasco

Julio
07-25-2009, 10:23 AM
lol @ Andre 3000....

Dude is wack... He became garbage... thats why you barely hear his name anymore... Matter of fact.. in a real top 10 best rappers of today...

Andre 3000 and Lupe Fiasco would not be on the list..

Both are R&B artist... lol... or atleast thats what they became...

Tracy
07-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Is Jay-Z really already over 40? Damn I am getting old.

Julio
07-25-2009, 10:27 AM
No, I think he is 39 actually... but Always thought how his age is always brought up.. lol , like I did ...

Tracy
07-25-2009, 10:28 AM
No, I think he is 39 actually... but Always thought how his age is always brought up.. lol , like I did ...Still old for a rapper. Sill killin it though.

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
07-25-2009, 01:26 PM
new jay-z single is out called run this town check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ubfS18IPGw

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
07-25-2009, 01:32 PM
lol @ Andre 3000....

Dude is wack... He became garbage... thats why you barely hear his name anymore... Matter of fact.. in a real top 10 best rappers of today...

based on creativity andre 3000 is way up there with the best in the game.. top 10 lyrically. you don't hear about him because he has gone a different direction from rap. he has a clothing line that he is focusing on and to be honest i don't think he cares much about the rap game anymore.

lupe is definately one of the better rappers out right now. he brings content to an generation that raps mostly on ignorant stuff. he brings it back like tupac and BIG did. he takes it to the experience in his life and other. he is definately top 10 rappers of today.

PROŽ
07-25-2009, 04:30 PM
lol @ Andre 3000....

blasphemy! lol

based on creativity andre 3000 is way up there with the best in the game.. top 10 lyrically. you don't hear about him because he has gone a different direction from rap. he has a clothing line that he is focusing on and to be honest i don't think he cares much about the rap game anymore.

lupe is definately one of the better rappers out right now. he brings content to an generation that raps mostly on ignorant stuff. he brings it back like tupac and BIG did. he takes it to the experience in his life and other. he is definately top 10 rappers of today.

ding ding ding, we have a winner:goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
07-25-2009, 06:19 PM
lol @ Andre 3000....

Agreed. Andre better than Jay Z? Or Nas? Lolol. I can't stand Jay Z or Nas, but there is no way he is better than those two. I'll give the "better than Lup" to you, though. That doesn't mean he isn't talented or lyrically gifted, but like so many other artists, he needs to be in a duo/group to be any good. Eazy E? My favorite rapper ever, but without NWA he was wack as fuck. In fact, the only rapper I can think of right now that stayed good/got better on the solo was Busta Rhymes. Some rappers just need that "other half" to be good. Later, QD.

cjhutch
07-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Busta, was never really in the group because the focus was always on him. The other cats in LONS were just hype men with verses thrown in to give him a water break. When he came out with Tribe back in the day on Arsenio Hall it was a wrap. He tore it up on the stage. Here's the video for those that don't know what I'm talking about. I was like 8 years old back then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BLNQVEEzJE

Anyone who creates a greatest rapper list without Rakim or KRS-One in the Top 5 knows nothing about hip hop. You can go ahead and throw Big L and Biggie in there too. Jay can have the 5th spot cause he got half of his hot lines from Biggie. Big L taught people outside of NY what all the up north slang words meant.

quickdodgeŽ
07-25-2009, 10:32 PM
Busta, was never really in the group because the focus was always on him. The other cats in LONS were just hype men with verses thrown in to give him a water break. When he came out with Tribe back in the day on Arsenio Hall it was a wrap. He tore it up on the stage. Here's the video for those that don't know what I'm talking about. I was like 8 years old back then.

Busta was just another member of the group, dude. They were all equal members. But the group got caught up because folks were paying more attention to Busta and not the group as a whole. They were known to argue about shit in the latter days because of this reason. They were saying that Busta was trying to be the front man. I was 22 years old then.

Anyone who creates a greatest rapper list without Rakim or KRS-One in the Top 5 knows nothing about hip hop. You can go ahead and throw Big L and Biggie in there too. Jay can have the 5th spot cause he got half of his hot lines from Biggie. Big L taught people outside of NY what all the up north slang words meant.

I never made a top 5 or 10 list. In this thread. I have before. It included Rakim, KRS-1, Kool Moe Dee, Melle Mel, Ice Cube among others. But my list doesn't include Biggie. It doesn't include Pac. It would Include Nas and maybe Jay Z. And it certainly doesn't include Big L. Later, QD.

cjhutch
07-25-2009, 10:52 PM
That second part was not directed towards you or anyone in particular. I was just making a point because I saw people making lists of top rappers and just had to clarify some stuff.

Also you typed exactly what I meant by my point on Busta Rhymes. He wanted to go solo so bad. I guess I should have said in Busta's eyes that's the way it was.

quickdodgeŽ
07-26-2009, 08:00 AM
That second part was not directed towards you or anyone in particular. I was just making a point because I saw people making lists of top rappers and just had to clarify some stuff.

Also you typed exactly what I meant by my point on Busta Rhymes. He wanted to go solo so bad. I guess I should have said in Busta's eyes that's the way it was.

Gotcha on the top part. And gotcha on the second half as well. Later, QD.

The Ninja
07-26-2009, 10:48 AM
Just because a rapper is in the top 10, doesn't make them good. It just makes them successful. Association =/= correlation. Common is an amazingly talented rapper, don't see him in the top 10 unless he's featured on a song with a "successful" rapper.

But then again, here we are trying to compare who we like (a subjective topic) objectively. Don't you find that vain? The people in the top10 of rap are appealing to a big crowd, thats what makes money, and thats why they're in the top 10. Not because they're good rappers.

There are talented rappers out there that are big, but I still don't like them. Why? Because I don't. Maybe its their style, maybe I believe they aren't bringing anything new to my eardrums (because I don't care about the game)

Rant:

The game has changed, or should I saw the game most rap fanatics are used to is non-existent. With being able to find whatever you want on the internet, you don't have to tolerate listening to sub-par rap, or rap you don't enjoy. If you don't like, skip it. Don't hate because they're getting money. Don't hate because they get hella radio play. (don't listen to the radio). Don't hate because everywhere you go you hear their name. Don't hate because some 15 yr old came up with a catchy jingle and matched a few words together like a 4th grader, and ended up making millions off it. Don't hate because he's destroying "the game", but "the game" ain't there anymore homie. There cannot be another Tupic/Biggie/Big Pun/ or any other rap legend of the past, because that rap is no longer around. Its "played out" if you will. This new generation is about appealing to the masses, because thats where the money is.

Cash Rules Everything Around Me.

quickdodgeŽ
07-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Just because a rapper is in the top 10, doesn't make them good. It just makes them successful. Association =/= correlation. Common is an amazingly talented rapper, don't see him in the top 10 unless he's featured on a song with a "successful" rapper.

But then again, here we are trying to compare who we like (a subjective topic) objectively. Don't you find that vain? The people in the top10 of rap are appealing to a big crowd, thats what makes money, and thats why they're in the top 10. Not because they're good rappers.

There are talented rappers out there that are big, but I still don't like them. Why? Because I don't. Maybe its their style, maybe I believe they aren't bringing anything new to my eardrums (because I don't care about the game)

Rant:

The game has changed, or should I saw the game most rap fanatics are used to is non-existent. With being able to find whatever you want on the internet, you don't have to tolerate listening to sub-par rap, or rap you don't enjoy. If you don't like, skip it. Don't hate because they're getting money. Don't hate because they get hella radio play. (don't listen to the radio). Don't hate because everywhere you go you hear their name. Don't hate because some 15 yr old came up with a catchy jingle and matched a few words together like a 4th grader, and ended up making millions off it. Don't hate because he's destroying "the game", but "the game" ain't there anymore homie. There cannot be another Tupic/Biggie/Big Pun/ or any other rap legend of the past, because that rap is no longer around. Its "played out" if you will. This new generation is about appealing to the masses, because thats where the money is.

Lolol @ overusage (not to mention usage of the word anyway) of the word "hate." Later, QD.

The Ninja
07-26-2009, 11:00 AM
It is "hatin", =/. If you can dislike someone you've never met and don't know, because they made a cool mil doing something that a kindergardener could have done during arts and crafts, then you're hating.

I ain't got shit against Soulja Boi (for example), but I think his music sucks. =/

quickdodgeŽ
07-26-2009, 11:11 AM
I ain't got shit against Soulja Boi (for example), but I think his music sucks. =/

So by your definition of "hater," you're a "hater."

That's ludicrous. Just because you don't like something doesn't make you a "hater" of it. Later, QD.

The Ninja
07-26-2009, 11:18 AM
So by your definition of "hater," you're a "hater."

That's ludicrous. Just because you don't like something doesn't make you a "hater" of it. Later, QD.

No, I think your misunderstanding or I'm misconstruing my ideas. I'm saying that, if you don't like Soulja Boi as a person just because his shitty music having made him $$$, then you're a hater. If you dislike Soulja Boi as an artist, you just don't like his music. =/

Saying soulja boi or his music is garbage, doesn't make you a hater. Thats just your opinion.

quickdodgeŽ
07-26-2009, 11:32 AM
No, I think your misunderstanding or I'm misconstruing my ideas. I'm saying that, if you don't like Soulja Boi as a person just because his shitty music having made him $$$, then you're a hater. If you dislike Soulja Boi as an artist, you just don't like his music. =/

Saying soulja boi or his music is garbage, doesn't make you a hater. Thats just your opinion.

I agree with that. I don't know of anyone that said they hated/disliked Soulja Boy as a person, though. Later, QD.

Julio
07-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Common is a wack rapper who uses ghost writters... He got to stick to acting.. and he still sucks at that.

BB1_Luda
07-26-2009, 02:01 PM
new jay-z single is out called run this town check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ubfS18IPGw Not bad. I like that.

Julio
07-26-2009, 06:39 PM

Rant:

hnm... No, is called Mainstream.

For example,

NAS : Not mainstream, still goes platinum ... hnmm..

There are 3 types of fans..

Those who really get into the actual music and follow an artist through the years.

Those who only listen to the mainstream junk because thats whats in at the moment and makes them fit in.

Those who are haters, like you said.

browningboy7
07-26-2009, 06:49 PM
hnm... No, is called Mainstream.

For example,

NAS : Not mainstream, still goes platinum ... hnmm..

There are 3 types of fans..

Those who really get into the actual music and follow an artist through the years.

Those who only listen to the mainstream junk because thats whats in at the moment and makes them fit in.

Those who are haters, like you said.

If someone were to listen to mainstream rap that doesn't mean they are doing so just to make them fit in...Someone out there could actually like the junk. :lmfao:

AlanŽ
07-30-2009, 01:08 AM

JAY- Z > All...
QFT

/Thread