PDA

View Full Version : Reminiscing old school

TSiFTW
07-23-2009, 10:38 AM
I was just sitting here as I often do thinking about the good ole days. I know there are some of you who are old enough to have fond memories of these things. Like the big chicken/kmart meets, the runs off of Chastain, the "Hole", when Buckhead and Mama's were good, before the first F & F, when the Nopi Nationals were at Lakewood, when the Godfather shows were in the Mama's parking lot, Whitlee shows, 200 cars in a parking lot for a local meet was normal. You guys ever think about this? I do often. Good times, good good times. "sigh"

TSiFTW
07-23-2009, 06:07 PM
And back when if you had a high 13 sec Civic you were fast, you ran whatever motor came in your car, and if you had a turbo you were the shit LOL.

dohc4.6sc
07-23-2009, 06:30 PM
i have never seen ur car in dville, i used to drive the 11 sec primered black talon.

TSiFTW
07-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Hmmm. I don't recall yours either. I just got back into all this after getting into minitrucks. Only been driving this one for about 6 months.

dohc4.6sc
07-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Hmmm. I don't recall yours either. I just got back into all this after getting into minitrucks. Only been driving this one for about 6 months.

oh ok i have been out of town for the past 6 months, bout to be in hawaii next month. but if you have seen the white rb20 240 hatch rollin around that is now primered then that would be me.

TSiFTW
07-23-2009, 06:37 PM
you wouldn't happen to come down into a subdivision off of kings hwy alot do you?

dohc4.6sc
07-23-2009, 06:39 PM
yea i live in right across from kings wood on kings hwy

TSiFTW
07-23-2009, 07:02 PM
I have probably seen your car then.

MachNU
07-23-2009, 07:08 PM
lol me a friend where talking about the good old days at the Park'n'Ride off 985. A dead meet was 50-60 cars! then most wouldnt show up till around 12pm-1am. Happened every friday and saturday every week!

quickdodgeŽ
07-23-2009, 07:10 PM
I was just sitting here as I often do thinking about the good ole days. I know there are some of you who are old enough to have fond memories of these things. Like the big chicken/kmart meets, the runs off of Chastain, the "Hole", when Buckhead and Mama's were good, before the first F & F, when the Nopi Nationals were at Lakewood, when the Godfather shows were in the Mama's parking lot, Whitlee shows, 200 cars in a parking lot for a local meet was normal. You guys ever think about this? I do often. Good times, good good times. "sigh"

Give me a bit and I'll have all the pics I took at the Godfather's show at Mama's back in 1990. Later, QD.

MachNU
07-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Give me a bit and I'll have all the pics I took at the Godfather's show at Mama's back in 1990. Later, QD.

do your job and delete 3 of my post! :(

quickdodgeŽ
07-23-2009, 07:12 PM
lol me a friend where talking about the good old days at the Park'n'Ride off 985. A dead meet was 50-60 cars! then most wouldnt show up till around 12pm-1am. Happened every friday and saturday every week!

Good old days? That's not good old days. Lolol. Events taking place a few years ago aren't old days yet, lolol. The good old days starts around the year 2000 and goes backwards. Later, QD.

MachNU
07-23-2009, 07:12 PM

do your job and delete 3 of my post! :(

TSiFTW
07-23-2009, 07:13 PM

That would be awesome!!! I have lost most all of my old pics:(

MachNU
07-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Good old days? That's not good old days. Lolol. Events taking place a few years ago aren't old days yet, lolol. The good old days starts around the year 2000 and goes backwards. Later, QD.

lol shows that you dont know the meet. it was shut down about 6 years ago, and was going on for at least 3-5 prior to that! was the only weekly meet in the buford and surrounding area! :goodjob:

Julio
07-23-2009, 07:30 PM
lol shows that you dont know the meet. it was shut down about 6 years ago, and was going on for at least 3-5 prior to that! was the only weekly meet in the buford and surrounding area! :goodjob:

That meet was not there . .. so you are saying it was there almost 11 years total?

I highly doubt that .. 11 years ago the big chicken was around....

That meet was mostly due to people getting kicked out of the waffle house on 20... but the ricers always stayed @ the Waffle ... and the other "faster car" went to p n r.

MachNU
07-23-2009, 07:36 PM
That meet was not there . .. so you are saying it was there almost 11 years total?

That meet was mostly due to people getting kicked out of the waffle house on 20... but the ricers always stayed @ the Waffle ... and the other "faster car" went to p n r.

alright maybe not 11 years going strong, but it was dam sure there in 2000, even if it was not near as big as it was a few years following.

quickdodgeŽ
07-23-2009, 07:36 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking. The ONLY meet around back in the late 90s was the BC meet. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
07-23-2009, 07:37 PM
lol shows that you dont know the meet.

I've been around the car scene since you were still breastfeeding, lolol. I know my shit. Later, QD.

MachNU
07-23-2009, 07:38 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking. The ONLY meet around back in the late 90s was the BC meet. Later, QD.

well for me it was the good old times, for my brother and his friends there's would have been the big chicken meet!

MachNU
07-23-2009, 07:39 PM
I've been around the car scene since you were still breastfeeding, lolol. I know my shit. Later, QD.

that means you would need to be in your early 40's! wont argue that you have been around the scene WAY WAY WAY fucking longer than me, but dam was there even a scene in the mid 80's?

quickdodgeŽ
07-23-2009, 07:46 PM
that means you would need to be in your early 40's! wont argue that you have been around the scene WAY WAY WAY fucking longer than me, but dam was there even a scene in the mid 80's?

I'm 39, lolol. And yes, there was a scene in the 80s. A mini-truck scene. I was one of the first in the area to roll out in a slammed car. Known all around back then, too. Lolol. I remember hitting up spots across Conyers, Buford Hwy and Marietta/Cobb Pkwy back in 1987-88. Later, QD.

MachNU
07-23-2009, 07:48 PM
I'm 39, lolol. And yes, there was a scene in the 80s. A mini-truck scene. I was one of the first in the area to roll out in a slammed car. Known all around back then, too. Lolol. I remember hitting up spots across Conyers, Buford Hwy and Marietta/Cobb Pkwy back in 1987-88. Later, QD.

okay well then you got me on the breastfeeding comment then! :lmfao:

TSiFTW
07-23-2009, 08:43 PM

I was a youngn then. LOL. I didn't really get started good till the Big Chicken meets. Man everyone went to those. I remember I could not wait till Thursday Nights.:lmfao: