PDA

View Full Version : DO YOU TEXT WHILE DRIVING... BE HONEST

BABY J
07-23-2009, 09:50 AM
I'm guilty. I have been behind more and more drivers who go left of center, or throw a wheel or 2 off the shoulder while texting. I see them in their side/rear view mirror, so I know that's what they are doing.

This practice is getting worse by the day! WAY worse then Drunk Driving! I have even used my knee to drive, so I can text faster with both hands! :no: WTF?! I quit doing that... OK - I'm lying, I cut back :D . But its crazy! Nothing is that important that can't wait till you get to your destination before texting is it?

HONESTLY answer the poll, I'm just curious. You can choose multiple...

Hulud
07-23-2009, 09:51 AM
i only do at redlights

mocha latte cupcake
07-23-2009, 09:56 AM
yes because i can text over 80 words a minute without even looking @ the phone. :D

Vteckidd
07-23-2009, 10:06 AM
I do a lot and ive caught myself swaying in a lane or missing a turn or something.

I need to stop

oneSLOWex
07-23-2009, 10:08 AM
I do it. I try not to and its quite annoying on a touch screen anyway lol always typing the wrong shit.

Jason..
07-23-2009, 10:09 AM
I hate texing and driving but i do it all the time.

Sammich
07-23-2009, 10:17 AM
I'M GUILTY. I ONLY SWERVE WHEN MY MOM IS IN THE CAR W/ ME ASKING ME WHAT I'M DOING LOL

Brett
07-23-2009, 10:20 AM
Guilty :(

Sammich
07-23-2009, 10:21 AM
U DNT TEXT ME BURT

Elbow
07-23-2009, 10:23 AM
I do all the time, never had an issue.

Kevykev
07-23-2009, 10:38 AM
i'm a lot better now a days.

See my thread about it :D

MachNU
07-23-2009, 10:40 AM
i use to till my dad was hit head on in his car by a kid driving a work van, and texting on his cell phone.

dabuilding
07-23-2009, 10:43 AM
i drive and text but ive memorized all my buttons so i dont even have to take my eyes off the road lol

PRO®
07-23-2009, 10:45 AM
i drive and text but ive memorized all my buttons so i dont even have to take my eyes off the road lol

^same here. no issues

90_ACCORD
07-23-2009, 10:47 AM
i do but i usually try to not look at the phone while im doing it

Red_Phoenix
07-23-2009, 10:47 AM
i did until I got an Iphone. You HAVE to look at your phone when texting and its impossible to drive at the same time. I had a razor before so I had all the keys memorized.

tandem
07-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Used to a little bit till my phone broke.

Kevykev
07-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Used to a little bit till my phone broke.

With a name like "Tandem," I bet you do LOTS of multi-tasking.

C-loS109
07-23-2009, 11:58 AM
ya i use my knee for steering purposes

03RCode
07-23-2009, 12:25 PM
I do, I mean, who still has to look at their phone to text anymore?

Elbow
07-23-2009, 12:26 PM

X2

garagdoorman
07-23-2009, 12:44 PM
I just totalled my DD 3 weeks ago. I use to say the same things all of yall say. I ve been driving longer than most of your ages

Me86Rob
07-23-2009, 12:53 PM

x2. thats like somebody looking at the keyboard when they type lolol

MongolPup
07-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Guilty. Never under boost though lol

stillaneon
07-23-2009, 01:22 PM
I'll be honest, I do frequently, I can type most messages without looking though. But I am more cautious. My GF just flipped her car because she was paying more attention to her phone

Bus Driver J
07-23-2009, 01:52 PM
I have a Blackberry Pearl so texting is very easy without looking. I type with both hands and steer with the knee. I only look down at the end of a sentence.

frankXVX
07-23-2009, 01:58 PM
i do it from time to time since i really dont have to look at the cell to type but i try to avoid doing it.i wait till i get to a red ligth to see a text or to reply most of the time

BAD SS
07-23-2009, 02:05 PM
I do at redlights or if there's nobody next to me on the road.

iPhone.

svtfocus123
07-23-2009, 02:07 PM
yes

BobbyFresco
07-23-2009, 02:08 PM
I am guilty of texting while driving, unfortunately.

Red_Phoenix
07-23-2009, 02:21 PM
I am guilty of texting while driving, unfortunately.

Dood! Where have you been?

Tracy
07-23-2009, 05:45 PM
I have metro pcs and a metro phone. Texting is not so fun, so I barely do it even when I am not driving.

BobbyFresco
07-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Dood! Where have you been?

Not here!
Went on vacation and needed a small break from all the drama.

BobbyFresco
07-23-2009, 05:50 PM
I have metro pcs and a metro phone. Texting is not so fun, so I barely do it even when I am not driving.

For real?
I thought you were a baller.

Tracy
07-23-2009, 05:56 PM
For real?
I thought you were a baller.Well Dan has Tmobile and an Iphone. I have had metro for 9 years and we haven't ever had a house phone, so it's nice to only pay $50/month for a "house" phone that you can take with you. Dan and I are together most of thime anyways. What's his is mine and what's mine is mine.

I don't use the phone that much anyways. I don't even answer it right now most of the time because the screen is broken and I can't see who is calling. Been that way for weeks. I'm not even motivated to get a new one.

Deke
07-23-2009, 05:56 PM
The only time I'll ever do it is at a complete stop. If you text me while I'm driving I'll call you. But in situations with lots of traffic I won't even do that. People pay too much time paying attention to their phone and not the road.

PURP
07-23-2009, 06:10 PM
all the time... drive with the knees, both hands on key board

BobbyFresco
07-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Well Dan has Tmobile and an Iphone. I have had metro for 9 years and we haven't ever had a house phone, so it's nice to only pay $50/month for a "house" phone that you can take with you. Dan and I are together most of thime anyways. What's his is mine and what's mine is mine.

I don't use the phone that much anyways. I don't even answer it right now most of the time because the screen is broken and I can't see who is calling. Been that way for weeks. I'm not even motivated to get a new one.

I see what you did thurr.:lmfao:

Julio
07-23-2009, 07:24 PM
I was pretty bad with it.. So what I do now... Is put both phones on silent when I get in the car... and put some music and forget about it...if someone text me, I wont even notice..

Now, I just have to get better when I have to text someone.. For some reason I cant never wait until im at my destination.. duh..

lol

JKOBD
07-23-2009, 07:35 PM
doh. I send emails while driving. I have a 10 minute drive on the interstate and traffic is pretty low. I need to stop but man, time is money.

Julio
07-23-2009, 07:47 PM
I just totalled my DD 3 weeks ago. I use to say the same things all of yall say. I ve been driving longer than most of your ages

Was the phone OK ?

ludeguy420
07-23-2009, 07:50 PM
i do it every day...... im a beast at it cuz i dont have to look at my phone to text

LizBiz
07-23-2009, 07:57 PM
LMFAO!!!!!!!!! Use your knee to text....dag gum full keyboard. I've gotten pretty good with using only my right hand since I don't have to shift gears lol. I am beyond guilty, but I'm pretty good at it. I am better at texting while driving than I am at talking while driving.

Evil Goat
07-24-2009, 01:03 AM
im real bad about it b/c thats the way me and my wife communicate throughout the day most of the time....its easier for her b/c she may have someone with a question that requires her attention at any time, so texting is more convenient for us

Slow Motion
07-24-2009, 02:24 AM
I'm guilty. I have been behind more and more drivers who go left of center, or throw a wheel or 2 off the shoulder while texting. I see them in their side/rear view mirror, so I know that's what they are doing.

This practice is getting worse by the day! WAY worse then Drunk Driving! I have even used my knee to drive, so I can text faster with both hands! :no: WTF?! I quit doing that... OK - I'm lying, I cut back :D . But its crazy! Nothing is that important that can't wait till you get to your destination before texting is it?

HONESTLY answer the poll, I'm just curious. You can choose multiple...

Dang J, Im suprise to hear that. Texting is dangerous as hell while driving. I can't do it. I have to watch out for the people who do that crazy chit while they drive so I can avoid them. I can't be safe being crazy with them.

HeLLo iM iZzY
07-24-2009, 02:36 AM
I text all the time while I drive.

I need to stop though.

AnthonyF
07-24-2009, 07:13 AM
^Iphone users like me. :(

I text while driving. But I also don't tail gate, cruise in the fast lane, in the city while I text.

-Ant.

NovaScotia
07-24-2009, 03:10 PM
bite the wheel and prop up on the dash... still free to clutch and shift and whatnot. never look away from the road just focus fore to background. but im just sayin...

Reis

WTF?
07-24-2009, 03:23 PM
i do but very little, i hate being on the phone while i drive

garagdoorman
07-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Was the phone OK ?:lmfao:
You're not going to believe it, from the moment I figured I f'up, and tried to correct myself, I haven't seen that phone. I,m guessing it must have gone out the window. My daughter was texting me to bring her some sushi from the new jap resturant that just opened. I've been pretty pissed since, telling myself I knew better:screwy:.

big crunch22
07-24-2009, 03:42 PM
i only do at redlights
same.

Master Shake
07-24-2009, 05:24 PM
i voted yes, but 90% of the time i hand my phone to my girlfriend and let her send whatever my response is. i don't have anything to hide from her, so fuck it.

blaknoize
07-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Yea I need to stop. I used to be able too do it just fine, but I think its getting worse. I txt and txt even at highway speeds and I sway a bit to much for my own comfort. Especially since I got a qwerty full keyboard phone. I used to never have to look. But I need to stop it all together before I kill myself to injure someone else :(

big crunch22
07-24-2009, 10:59 PM
i hope you all DIE

jk

boostleak
07-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Wow, over 75% of people on the road can hardly pay attention. Adding a cell phone to that equation is just stupid.

Whats even more funny is most if not everyone says they can "pay attention" to there cell phone and text. Why not just call? I've been behind tooooo many people that are more into texting then they are on the road, literally. I stopped doing that and am happy because i did slip up before and almost hit someone. It's almost like the people that talk while driving and think they have the right-a-way to everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS1enJr49os

WalkS
07-25-2009, 11:01 PM
Yep use to do it with my older sync, using t9. I can text anything using t9 and my eyes will still be on the road. But since I got my touch screen, slider Xenon...texting while driving is unheard of, It's impossible! lol. I still send a short on at red lights.

MrSVT
07-25-2009, 11:11 PM
I do a lot and ive caught myself swaying in a lane or missing a turn or something.

I need to stop

X2 same here LOL

VooDooXII
07-26-2009, 12:01 AM
I don't text at all...so no!

Mr Egg Rollllll
07-26-2009, 07:55 PM
I'm guilty of texting every once in awhile...I usually wait til a redlight or give the phone to the girl.

Wow, over 75% of people on the road can hardly pay attention. Adding a cell phone to that equation is just stupid.

Whats even more funny is most if not everyone says they can "pay attention" to there cell phone and text. Why not just call? I've been behind tooooo many people that are more into texting then they are on the road, literally. I stopped doing that and am happy because i did slip up before and almost hit someone. It's almost like the people that talk while driving and think they have the right-a-way to everything.

Man that video is incredibly sad...Reps to you for posting that.

EJ25RUN
07-27-2009, 10:04 AM
I don't.

J-ROCK
07-27-2009, 11:11 AM
i dont do it cause i usually have someone riding with me so i tell them to text back to who ever texted me! lol

punkr6
07-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Trying to quit...

teh bri
07-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Guilty :(
Thought you didn't have a phone..? :thinking:

ilovemyhonda.
07-27-2009, 01:34 PM
I am guilty, but I memorized all the buttons so I don't have to look. I try to wait until I get to a redlight. Never had an issue.

EJ25RUN
07-27-2009, 02:15 PM

I got a problem with that video. There are many situations in that video that are unavoidable even if you are paying attention.

Consider the blue van hitting the guy that was texting while crossing the street. How was that the van drivers fault?

I had an accident a little over a year and a half ago because of construction on I85. Was i paying attention? Of course. It wasn't my fault an orange construction pylon got into my lane and as i swerved to avoid it, another car got in my lane and slammed on the brakes. Shit happens.

boostleak
07-27-2009, 04:15 PM
I got a problem with that video. There are many situations in that video that are unavoidable even if you are paying attention.

Consider the blue van hitting the guy that was texting while crossing the street. How was that the van drivers fault?

I had an accident a little over a year and a half ago because of construction on I85. Was i paying attention? Of course. It wasn't my fault an orange construction pylon got into my lane and as i swerved to avoid it, another car got in my lane and slammed on the brakes. Shit happens. lol, I understand what you are saying but you are completely oblivious to the point. You see, in that situation it isn't saying its the driver fault at ALL but the person who was J-walking... Get it? severing the point of : "pay attention under all circumstances".

In other words the point of that part of the video is the boy was what? texting. Did he look both ways? No.
Was it HIS fault for texting and not PAYING attention yes.

Get it man? Wasn't trying to hit anything personal with you. The video is not at fault on all drivers. If you watched the whole video (which i think you did) you notice the end said. "pay attention or pay the price", Not fuck you faggots for texting while driving. lol.

I hope that cleared things up for ya man. If you read my 1st post you noticed i directed it to people thought of paying attention, and i also said to ADD a phone to that is stupid. Hence why i say texting and driving in my eyes is stupid. Just pay attention to the road, same goes for that "guy" if he would of took the basic principle of looking both ways he wouldn't of got fucked.

EDIT: I'm happy to read that you are apart of the few that don't text and drive.:cheers: I've been behind too many people driving 30 in a 55 because they are texting.. or getting in my lane because some fuck wants some noodz... Honestly i bet most of the people in here that "text" while driving either say something like "be there in 5" or "wud up". Like wtf if your are going to be there in 5 why the fuck should you send them a message if its that important put a fucking GPS on your car.

§treet_§peed
07-28-2009, 06:40 PM
shit bitches im gangsta i text while riding my bike lol

Tech_Queen
07-28-2009, 07:12 PM
I do text while driving, but I have my keyboard memorized so I hardly ever look away from the road.

VooDooXII
07-28-2009, 09:12 PM
I do text while driving, but I have my keyboard memorized so I hardly ever look away from the road.

You're only proliferating the stereotype. :doh:

§treet_§peed
08-01-2009, 03:55 PM
i still got all yous hoes beat.

eViLMunkey
08-01-2009, 03:57 PM
not with my new phone still getting used to the qwerty K/B