PDA

View Full Version : 4-door trunk latches SUCKK!!!!!!!!!

teh_mugen18
07-22-2009, 09:09 PM
I've already gone through about four of the things, the little piece in the middle of it that actually forces the latch to click into the closed position always seems to break off in a time period of no more than a few months:2up: The second time it happened to break off, wasnt my fault, a friend SLAMMED it and it broke off.. i was mad but then replaced it.. so i said, ok im gonna softly close it myself from now on. Well, a few months later, broken plastic piece!!!:cussing:

//baby-rant..

LOL is there any way i can fix/get around this issue? I dont want to have to keep changing trunk latches, ill probably end up going through dozens of them if things continue like this... it seems like a manufacturer default, because its this extremely soft/fragile plastic being used in a place that definately calls for something stronger.

teh_mugen18
07-23-2009, 11:46 PM
lol... am i right, or am i right? (bump for teh halfDEAD section..:( )

cardesignz
07-24-2009, 07:43 AM
Is your trunk misalligned? I would think that your latch must be off alignment in order for you to be having that much trouble. Check the hinges for rust, or if the trunk lid is bent anywhere, that could do it.

Humphrizzle
07-24-2009, 07:45 AM
I'd realign my trunk if i were you.

Humphrizzle
07-24-2009, 07:45 AM
damn.. you beat me to it.

teh_mugen18
07-24-2009, 09:59 AM
hmm... i guess i should just hafta take a picture of what im talking about for yu guys.. i dont think my trunk needs re-aligning but i wouldnt be suprised if that IS what it needs.

laokid
07-24-2009, 02:27 PM
i had the same problem on my db1,i changed the locking mechanism thing

teh_mugen18
07-26-2009, 04:00 PM
i had the same problem on my db1,i changed the locking mechanism thing

Are you talking about that big plastic piece thats on the actual trunk lid that attaches to the key and opener cable or the little metal hook thing on the bottom that's attatched to the car?

Because if you're talking about the first part, then thats what my complaint is about lol ive changed it like 4 times already