PDA

View Full Version : Batlground: SRT-4 3" intake

Batlground
07-22-2009, 06:11 PM
We had a customer come in with a boost leaking SRT-4. After modifying or replacing all of the intercooler pipes and couplers he decided he would like to get rid of the stock air box. I made him a 3" aluminum 1 piece intake. This intake will install on your stock turbo equipped car. After market turbo set ups will be custom made to fit. Comes with the intake pipe, K&N filter, and silicone elbow coupler.

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq208/batlground/customer%20cars/Jordan%20SRT-4/DSCN0382.jpg
http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq208/batlground/customer%20cars/Jordan%20SRT-4/DSCN0383.jpg
http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq208/batlground/customer%20cars/Jordan%20SRT-4/DSCN0384.jpg

Evil Goat
07-22-2009, 06:22 PM
looks good, nice beads, but that ain't no k&n filter

Batlground
07-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Customer supplied that. We will put whatever filter you want but standard issue is K&N.

And for no extra charge we will add a bunch of red wire loom in random places!!!! :D

Drummerboy
07-22-2009, 06:29 PM
I may come to you guys for my wire loom job too! :ninja:

NoWAyItZTOMmY
07-22-2009, 06:39 PM
how much for just rhe intake? 3" or 3.5"

Evil Goat
07-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Customer supplied that. We will put whatever filter you want but standard issue is K&N.

And for no extra charge we will add a bunch of red wire loom in random places!!!! :D

haha, i hear ya, just busting balls....i may have to take ya up on that wire loom thing :D

oleblue
07-22-2009, 08:09 PM
I need a new intake how much for it? I have a big turbo.

Drummerboy
07-22-2009, 08:14 PM
what is that pipe made of? or is it coated? my IC pipe looks like its made/coated with the same stuff.

Big Baller
07-22-2009, 08:28 PM
what is that pipe made of? or is it coated? my IC pipe looks like its made/coated with the same stuff.

Its aluminum they just brushed it to get that finish

batlbrandon
07-22-2009, 08:51 PM
yeah raw aluminum with some scotchbrite "brushing".

We are selling that unit for $200 with the Filter and coupler. I think $125 is pretty fair for just the pipe. It could vary depending on application too.

If you would like one for an after market turbo set up the price shouldn't change unless more materials are needed.

If you would like a 3.5" or 4" the stock battery location is going to cause a fitment problem. anything like that is going to be a per hour job.

dabuilding
07-23-2009, 05:41 AM
lol @ the walmart positive terminal on the battery
not a bad intake

Nemesis
07-23-2009, 08:23 AM
I <3 bg

much love, cant wait to have you guys install my blower

Tracy
07-23-2009, 08:32 AM
I <3 bg

much love, cant wait to have you guys install my bloweryou said blow

Sneeky Ninja
07-23-2009, 09:34 AM
Nice fab work but I didn't see where it is mounted or does it just kinda float there. Also, is he getting a catch can or is the valve cover breather just an open hose.

batlbrandon
07-23-2009, 10:46 AM
It does float although there is a natural "rest" there. I don't know if he is planning on getting a catch can or not. One would be nice, maybe we will fab him one of those too.

WTF?
07-23-2009, 10:47 AM
looks good guys

blown_ss
07-23-2009, 11:50 AM
looks good! what about a cai?

batlbrandon
07-23-2009, 12:32 PM
There is room for it to go further down but it would be a little extra. Depending on how far down then we would have to look at a by-pass valve.

blown_ss
07-23-2009, 01:31 PM
There is room for it to go further down but it would be a little extra. Depending on how far down then we would have to look at a by-pass valve.

this sounds good to me. the heat that comes off that engine sucks. i would like to get away from that heat soak that you get from a short ram. just an idea.:D

boosted_nonv
07-23-2009, 03:59 PM
um a pic of a intake for real :screwy:, i just dont see the point

Batlground
07-23-2009, 05:43 PM

Considering you felt the need to post validates the point. And @ 2 pages long, others would seem to think there is a point.

speedminded
07-23-2009, 05:44 PM
And for no extra charge we will add a bunch of red wire loom in random places!!!! :Dlol! That's one clusterfuck of an engine bay...wires and vacuum lines everywhere! *sigh*

boosted_nonv
07-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Considering you felt the need to post validates the point. And @ 2 pages long, others would seem to think there is a point.

still dont get ya point dude, but whatever

chnco
07-23-2009, 06:34 PM

ummm. . . a piece of shit Integra? For real? Get that shit out of your signature so we don't have look at that shitbox everytime you post.

boosted_nonv
07-23-2009, 06:40 PM
lol, funny people on here, all i said is i dont get it, now if you can explain what the pic means ill apreciate it, and yes its an integra, just answer in the question cause apparently you know the answer, its a srt yes, but whats done to it, alot people wanna know what the pic it for they just didnt ask and i did, if Dan would tell me would be nice, i've worked on them also homie so calm ya ass down

chnco
07-23-2009, 06:45 PM
What the fuck was that? Have you heard of a period? Do you know what a run-on sentence is?

Do us all a favor and stop posting.

lol, funny people on here, all i said is i dont get it, now if you can explain what the pic means ill apreciate it, and yes its an integra, just answer in the question cause apparently you know the answer, its a srt yes, but whats done to it, alot people wanna know what the pic it for they just didnt ask and i did, if Dan would tell me would be nice, i've worked on them also homie so calm ya ass down

2rotor
07-23-2009, 07:10 PM
and there goes the hating...
anyway, back to a technical topic..

wheres the heatshield? where does the air come from (besides the hot engine bay). its great fab work, a good looking piece, but other than an increase in flow, its almost pointless if its just pulling engine bay temp air. More hot air is not better than less cool air. i think a heatshield at least, if not some small funnel to direct outside air toward the filter. For a simple intake its great, but lacking a little on the technical side.

so, no hating, just sharing my opinion.
also, i wish i could weld aluminum :rolleyes:

boosted_nonv
07-23-2009, 07:22 PM
What the fuck was that? Have you heard of a period? Do you know what a run-on sentence is?

Do us all a favor and stop posting.

honestly, i hurt your feelings or something, sucks for you, anyway like the guy side over me, i understand whats going on now and a heat shield would be nice, but the quality looks good, anyway is it get turbo upgrades and shit? jw, seems like its your car cause your getting mad for no reason, calling my old car a piece of shit was beautiful, you're special man:no:

boosted_nonv
07-23-2009, 07:26 PM

dude i was honestly just wanting to know what else was going on the car other than the intake, not ragging on the quality or anything, shit looks good, just was curious, usually when people post stuff that simple it has a motive, just being noisy, but i aint someone to start shit with anyone ain't my style, but ya'll homeboy needs to relax for real:lmfao:, but GL with, everything else that is gonna go on the car if any:goodjob:

Tracy
07-23-2009, 07:28 PM
dude i was honestly just wanting to know what else was going on the car other than the intake, not ragging on the quality or anything, shit looks good, just was curious, usually when people post stuff that simple it has a motive, just being noisy, but i aint someone to start shit with anyone ain't my style, but ya'll homeboy needs to relax for real:lmfao:, but GL with, everything else that is gonna go on the car if any:goodjob:It's all good. It's not really what you typed, but how you typed it. You can't hear tone of voice on the internet.

boosted_nonv
07-23-2009, 07:30 PM
thats my bad, i kinda come off the wrong way sometimes, i was just being curious, never know if that shit was gonna be a 600whp Srt, na meen, but good luck with it

Tracy
07-23-2009, 07:31 PM
thats my bad, i kinda come off the wrong way sometimes, i was just being curious, never know if that shit was gonna be a 600whp Srt, na meen, but good luck with itI have the same problem :goodjob:

2rotor
07-23-2009, 07:31 PM
It's all good. It's not really what you typed, but how you typed it. You can't hear tone of voice on the internet.

god bless you, ive been saying this for years. it just seems like nobody else has caught on yet...

umairejaz
07-23-2009, 07:41 PM
thats my bad, i kinda come off the wrong way sometimes, i was just being curious, never know if that shit was gonna be a 600whp Srt, na meen, but good luck with it

Not bashing, but I'm not sure you realize what is going on. This is a performance shop and they simply made a custom intake for a customer. This is for others to see and possibly order.

...but now that I think about it, its so simple that if you did understand then please ignore my post. :D

chnco
07-23-2009, 07:44 PM
shutup Tracy. I'm trying to start drama just like every other BG thread.

Tracy
07-23-2009, 07:50 PM
shutup Tracy. I'm trying to start drama just like every other BG thread.I see that! Someone has to do it, eh? :D I'm glad I have you booger. I miss your ajun ass.

boosted_nonv
07-23-2009, 08:15 PM
shutup Tracy. I'm trying to start drama just like every other BG thread.

I knew you was but I don't fall for that stuff man I'm too old for that, but good try though lol

jimmycricket
07-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Brandon's S14 goes like stink.
sorry that was completely unrelated.

batlbrandon
07-24-2009, 12:00 AM
I guess the point would be to free up some intake flow instead of using the super restrictive stock air box. The stock air box has a cold air duct and it stays in place to direct cool air to the new filter. The car did pick up some power over the stock set up but it is a basically stock car.

boosted_nonv
07-24-2009, 09:26 AM
I know it would pick up power, I know about cars man, just didn't know if that was just the start of some crazy fast Srt that's all, basically like a teaser, but good stuff

Tracy
07-24-2009, 09:30 AM
I know it would pick up power, I know about cars man, just didn't know if that was just the start of some crazy fast Srt that's all, basically like a teaser, but good stuffLet me see if I can clear it up for you. He made the post to show the fabricated/custom intake. He wanted people to know that we can make custom fabbed intakes and how much it cost to have one made. It was purely to advertise one of our products. Someone in another thread was asking about the intake for the SRT4, so we made a thread like we said we would when it was finished.

Does it make more sense for you now? :yes: :no: :cry: :yes: :cheers:

batlbrandon
07-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Thats it! I'm taking my ball and going home! F you, F you, You're cool, F you. I'm out! :tongue1: