PDA

View Full Version : Movies/TV Sam Raimi Signed to direct Warcraft movie = Me excited

YoTa_BoX
07-22-2009, 07:36 AM
I think this should be an awesome movie, even for people that dont play the game. There is a ton of back story to go on and you know there is going to be epic fight scenes. Im thinking some where along the lines of Lord of the rings epicness. Im very excited about this movie, and i think it will be the best video game adaptation so far. They picked a perfect directer, seeing as he did films like Evil Dead which is one of my fave movies of all time.

http://www.blizzard.com/us/press/090721.html

LOS ANGELES, Calif. – July 22, 2009 -- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and Legendary Pictures announced today that Sam Raimi has signed on to direct the eagerly-anticipated major motion picture based on Blizzard Entertainment®’s award-winning Warcraft® universe. Raimi has, in the course of his career, clearly demonstrated a genius for developing and adapting existing fictional universes for mainstream audiences while staying true to the spirit of the original content.
Raimi directed the Spider-Man trilogy, which has broken box-office records around the world and garnered five Academy Award® nominations. Known for his imaginative filmmaking style, richly drawn characters and offbeat humor, Raimi wrote and directed the cult classic, The Evil Dead and produced 30 Days Of Night. He most recently wrote and directed the supernatural thriller, Drag Me To Hell.

oneSLOWex
07-22-2009, 07:46 AM
I was talking with this geeky sumbish at work that lives on WOW pretty much the other day.... and I was like man it would kinda be cool if they made a movie (we were watching the intro's and shit). So I guess its gonna happen....GOOD FIND!