PDA

View Full Version : Outdoors fishing at buford dam

choiiiiiiiii
07-21-2009, 09:29 PM
well my pops is a regular, and i take along with him whenever i can. i swear, my pops can catch trout. that day was a bad day tho, he usually gets on average 10 trout..i on the other hand....will be lucky with 5...

here's some pics

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/choiiiiiiiiiii/HPIM1232.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/choiiiiiiiiiii/HPIM1234.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/choiiiiiiiiiii/HPIM1243.jpg

we got 7 that day, me-1 dad-4 bro-2

khaxnguyen
08-04-2009, 10:19 PM
good job. i went to morgan falls today and was highly unsuccessful. i was about to go to buford dam but got lazy. i'm going to try it next monday.

phoenixx1
08-19-2009, 06:59 AM
what are you guys using if you dont mind me asking?

YoTa_BoX
08-19-2009, 09:24 AM
awesome man, thats some good eating right there :goodjob:

I use to fish there when i lived in cumming. I hadn't been to the dam in a long time.

Paree4g63
08-20-2009, 12:43 AM
We usually fish near the gate where the water releases; dunno any other hotspots. Salmon eggs work the best for me. Trout fishing is fun...

choiiiiiiiii
08-24-2009, 01:23 PM
We usually fish near the gate where the water releases; dunno any other hotspots. Salmon eggs work the best for me. Trout fishing is fun...

have you ever caught anything there? i never go there..

hotspots are found IN the water..so i dunno of any from the bank....

Paree4g63
08-25-2009, 09:20 PM
have you ever caught anything there? i never go there..

hotspots are found IN the water..so i dunno of any from the bank....

Ive caught a few there since near the gate where the cliffs are is the deepest part that I know of. I just let my bait sit in one spot and wait until the trout takes the bait. I try to avoid rocks and the shallow waters to prevent my line from getting caught. I havnt tried any other parts of Buford Dam but Im sure there are some good spots somewhere. Other then that Jones Bridge Park has a hotspot I use everytime. I caught 7 in one spot one morning. Using salmon eggs, when I first casted it out, within the first five minutes, I caught one already. I tried using two poles and everytime I tried baiting my 2nd pole, the first pole always gets a bite before I can finish setting up my 2nd pole. But yea, its against the law to fish more then one pole anyway for trout fishing. :goodjob:

khaxnguyen
08-27-2009, 11:16 PM
where do you get salmon eggs from? and herring?

Paree4g63
08-28-2009, 08:58 PM
where do you get salmon eggs from? and herring?

you won't know where to get salmon eggs from? every bait shop usually has some in the trout section & even Walmart sells them in the fishing section. I think the old and juicy ones work the best. Blueback herring can be purchased live or frozen depending on bait shops. Asian supermarkets sell the big blueback herrings frozen. You can cut those and use those for bait as well. Live ones are in certain locations. The buford dam store by buford dam might have some; not sure. There's a shop in Gainesville that has some. Just drive past Gainesville state college and keep going. After you past a Race Trac gas station and a bank. There will be a big building on your right coming up with big red letters. Behind that building on the left side is a alittle shop that sells them. You can get licenses here and what not. Good luck

choiiiiiiiii
09-15-2009, 09:27 PM
can't use live bait on the river, just fyi

Paree4g63
09-15-2009, 11:47 PM
can't use live bait on the river, just fyi

We were talking about the lower level of the buford dam where Lanier is. That's where you can use herring and what not. The river, of course we'd only use artificial or normal trout bait. I've used worms there before and it worked great. Alot of people prefer wax worms though. But salmon eggs were efficiently.

choiiiiiiiii
09-16-2009, 02:28 PM
We were talking about the lower level of the buford dam where Lanier is. That's where you can use herring and what not. The river, of course we'd only use artificial or normal trout bait. I've used worms there before and it worked great. Alot of people prefer wax worms though. But salmon eggs were efficiently.

gotcha!