PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods turbo or supercharger?

PMAC
10-06-2005, 08:57 PM
I've got a 2003 Ford Ranger Edge and i'm looking to give it some more power, i've been debating on which way to go. I've heard good things bout either but im still unsure which way to go. Any help choosing and finding the right stuff would be great.

Cliff
10-06-2005, 11:40 PM
ummmm i think the stuff you're looking for is in the car lot...it's called a different car...ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaha anyways phillip do not try to fix up the danger ranger geeze dude drive your truck and be happy you have an appartment save your extra money don't go toss it in that truck dude

DrivenMind
10-17-2005, 11:36 AM
I'd also say don't waste your money on modding a ranger, but I've heard the 2.3 in the older Rangers can be boosted to high heaven without it ever giving a shit.

edit: If you're hellbent on modding the car and it's daily driver, I'd say supercharge it. There's no lag in power and it'll give your truck a nice amount of low end grunt which would be nice for driving around town. A turbo is probably going to make more power, but it'll be higher RPM power and probably have a small amount of lag which can get annoying when your just driving around normally.

YokotaS13
10-26-2005, 08:25 AM
i vote supercharger for hte dirvability of a truck with it

99SI
10-26-2005, 10:46 AM
Is this a 3.0 or 4.0? I would also say a roots or positive displacement supercharger would be best but the Ranger auto is not the greatest if that's what you have. If it's manual then I wouldn't worry about it.

00CIVICSI
10-26-2005, 02:29 PM
both

PSINXS
10-26-2005, 04:34 PM
^werd. compound charge that sucka