PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Seat Suggestions/Help

TRD tC
07-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Didn't know where to post, but I think this is it.

I'm looking to get an aftermarket seat for my 09 tC. I want to sit roughly about 3-5 inches back (uncomfortable leg room) and 2 inches lower (my hair brushes the roof) than stock. I'm not looking for more support (I do not track this car at all), just more space. Is getting an aftermarket seat with an aftermarket mount the right way to tackle this problem? If so, any suggestions on which seat? I'm not looking to get racing harnesses either. I'm planning on using my stock seat belt, if that makes a difference. Can I use the existing seat/mounts and just remount it?

Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated. This is my first time with seating issues, so sorry if this is too rookie of a question. Thanks again for your time :goodjob:

Batlground
07-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Didn't know where to post, but I think this is it.

I'm looking to get an aftermarket seat for my 09 tC. I want to sit roughly about 3-5 inches back (uncomfortable leg room) and 2 inches lower (my hair brushes the roof) than stock. I'm not looking for more support (I do not track this car at all), just more space. Is getting an aftermarket seat with an aftermarket mount the right way to tackle this problem? If so, any suggestions on which seat? I'm not looking to get racing harnesses either. I'm planning on using my stock seat belt, if that makes a difference. Can I use the existing seat/mounts and just remount it?

Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated. This is my first time with seating issues, so sorry if this is too rookie of a question. Thanks again for your time :goodjob:

If your seat bracket (the part that bolts to the floor of your car) is removable from the bottom of the seat then you may be able to bolt your new sliders to them.

You should sit in some seats and then make a decision on which one you want.

green91
07-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Be prepared for an air bag light on also!

TRD tC
07-21-2009, 11:23 PM
Be prepared for an air bag light on also!

I read up about it, and I heard there is a way to "trick" the system. Something about putting 1/2 watt resistors in certain places... I wouldn't know. lol.

I have also been thinking about different problems I can run into with this modification. I think if I move the seat back, I wouldn't be able to comfortably use the steering wheel, because I would be too far back. My steering column is not telescoping :(

I'm thinking of scratching this modification off the list. Seems like it'll do more harm than good... Thanks for your input though guys. I really appreciate it! Helped me made a good decision :goodjob: