PDA

View Full Version : How little budget beats Big budget ? Bullshit talk.

Julio
07-20-2009, 04:48 PM
No, not really.... But now all of Sudden they got the attention thanks to all the Local enthusiast...

Anyways, I haven't really said much on the whole thing, but I have been done with anything thats related to the company NOPI in years. Many know how I feel on there business ethics etc. Yea yea yea, Nopi and MSN have nothing to do with each other... yea right :rolleyes:

Anyways, I will say this, TFS @ MSP will not be bigger then MSN, we all know that..
But we ( IA/TFS Staff ) careless about that part, thats why this event is FREE..... Did I say FREE?... car show/dyno/food etc...

And is one day instead of 2 long ass boring days... ok, they will have a bikini contest, but that will only cover a few hours of the long and boring 48 hours.

And Honestly if it wasn't because the cars from the following teams International All Stars and ELITE would be there, that show would be 100% crap. And I assure you, the only reason those teams will be there is because of business purpose and as crazy as this sounds, the MOTORSPORTS NATIONAL is consider a NATIONAL SHOW... damn, 2nd year for this event and they get NATIONAL RECOGNITION? cough , Nopi, cough Nopi.. Spit " Nopi Nationals " I say that because some people in the MSN camp "claim" the the NOPI NATS and MSN have nothing to do with each other....
hnmmm.... " What you talking bout willis " :lmfao: :rolleyes:

I mean, it takes no rocket scientist to see what happened here... In all honesty, it doesnt matter.. Just be honest with your " CUSTOMERS " , I mean, thats all we are to MSN "CUSTOMERS"... NOT ENTHUSIAST.

I'm sure there National Event will be a success.. and Im sure when Monday Sep 21st comes around and they get a final count of there profit after all expenses are payed, They are probably going to say

" HAHA FUCK IA And there Little free EVENT And the rest of the RICERS and SPONSORS that still believed in the Nopi nationals.. Excuse me, I mean, Motorsports National "

But you know what, When I wake up on the 20th, a day after TFS, " I will say, damn, we had a blast or it was cool seeing so and so that I haven't seen in a long time or did you see so so car put down a million hp and blew the roof of the MSP shop "

Moments like that have no Value in my book.. Yes, In our case IA/TFS Staff will be more broke then the previous day, But is the least we can do to show a little appreciation to the local Enthusiast.

And BTW - With there Budget you think there Flyer would look little better then this, Looks like the same design they have used in the Pass 10 years... Oh, but wait.. is not the NOPI NATIONALS..

Enough said, I was going to close out by saying.. good luck.. But seriously, they dont need it.. there event will be Huge.... But I rather close out by saying this :

Thanks to Member UPROOT for TFS flyer Design ... Uproot Destroyed there Million $$$ design team... lirl.

BanginJimmy
07-20-2009, 04:55 PM
DAMN thats an expensive show.

I decided I wasnt going to scrapefest this year because they want to charge $50.

yerrow
07-20-2009, 04:57 PM
well said, juliA

Z0_o6
07-20-2009, 04:57 PM
i'll be at TFS, fuck paying $65 for the motosports nationals bs. i don't give shit about some stupid bikini contest i'm there for the CARS.

Julio
07-20-2009, 04:59 PM
DAMN thats an expensive show.

I decided I wasnt going to scrapefest this year because they want to charge $50.

1st Flyer is MNS

2nd Flyer is TFS

And MNS is charging $65 per car.. and they are nice to give you 2 Adult passes.

I guess the Pedo fans love MNS policies since they consider 13+ Adults.

MongolPup
07-20-2009, 05:31 PM
They got dominated on 240Atlanta (http://240atlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39201); for all the bad blood the sites have had in the past, this is one thing everyone agrees on. Telling your potential customers they are wrong, they don't know anything about the industry and charging them outrages prices to boot is NOT how you get TRUE CAR ENTHUSIASTS to go to a show.

Like Julio said, I'm sure they'll make money. The Fast and the Furious crowd will make sure of that. Here's the problem: those people don't buy cars or car parts. The vendors aren't winning, because their target audience isn't the guy doing a burn out in his minivan while leaving the parting lot.

PURP
07-20-2009, 05:59 PM
I wonder why no MSN people are joining this site to plea and beg?? lol... TFS FTMFW... I thank the staff of IA for doing this and the the entire mainstream staff.

BanginJimmy
07-20-2009, 06:07 PM
1st Flyer is MNS

2nd Flyer is TFS

And MNS is charging $65 per car.. and they are nice to give you 2 Adult passes.

I understand that. I was simply stating that i was skipping scrapefest this year because it was $50 to show. I wouldnt pay $65 to show no matter what show it was.

Julio
07-20-2009, 08:06 PM
They got dominated on 240Atlanta (http://240atlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39201); for all the bad blood the sites have had in the past, this is one thing everyone agrees on. Telling your potential customers they are wrong, they don't know anything about the industry and charging them outrages prices to boot is NOT how you get TRUE CAR ENTHUSIASTS to go to a show.

Like Julio said, I'm sure they'll make money. The Fast and the Furious crowd will make sure of that. Here's the problem: those people don't buy cars or car parts. The vendors aren't winning, because their target audience isn't the guy doing a burn out in his minivan while leaving the parting lot.

Just read that.. pretty intense...

Yes 240Atl and IA have had bad blood in the past... but both sites have real enthusiast that understand what MSN is trying to do or been trying to do.

I'm really glad that everyone is getting somewhat together to send a message here...

:D

Paul
07-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Trust me when i say this NOPI and MSN are completely seperate... i know Mark tried to help them last year and from what heard b/c he wanted to make sure there was an event to take Nats place last year. But from what i hear Mark wasn't too happy w/ how they treated him last year either. Shit when i talked to MSN guys this year they tried to blame the issues we had on Mark and it wasn't even his event to begin with.

Heres how i see it... NOPI Nats love it, hate it... it was still and will always be the only NATS! MSN is a joke and they are trying to bring in outsiders who think they know about atlanta :rolleyes:

Trust me I have some big meetings this week and we are getitng some very big and unforeseen support so stay tuned I have some surprised for everyone. We are working on no budget and throwing a FREE show that will still have Best Of's and cash prizes... no one has done that for the atlanta scene at this magnitude.

IA will always be here for the scene and to support and true enthusieast!!!

ironchef
07-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Damn, props to uproot, that flyer is hot! Well done, sir.

BanginJimmy
07-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Considering this is like 5 minutes from my house, I just MIGHT come by.

blacknightteg
07-20-2009, 09:30 PM
i wish i could go. but i already took off for the week after that for the petite. i think its awesome what you guys are doing. i wish revive of show scene would happen here.

Julio
07-21-2009, 01:55 AM
Trust me when i say this NOPI and MSN are completely seperate... i know Mark tried to help them last year and from what heard b/c he wanted to make sure there was an event to take Nats place last year. But from what i hear Mark wasn't too happy w/ how they treated him last year either. Shit when i talked to MSN guys this year they tried to blame the issues we had on Mark and it wasn't even his event to begin with.

Heres how i see it... NOPI Nats love it, hate it... it was still and will always be the only NATS! MSN is a joke and they are trying to bring in outsiders who think they know about atlanta :rolleyes:

Trust me I have some big meetings this week and we are getitng some very big and unforeseen support so stay tuned I have some surprised for everyone. We are working on no budget and throwing a FREE show that will still have Best Of's and cash prizes... no one has done that for the atlanta scene at this magnitude.

Thanks for the update... Very good info to know...

So MSN is trying to Screw everyone.... Who's next ?

RandomGuy
07-21-2009, 02:00 AM
does MSN have a site/forum?

anyone down for a web ownage? hahaha it'd be catastrophic

4dmin
07-21-2009, 08:52 AM
TunerFest will have some very nice stuff to giveway!!

ep9716
07-21-2009, 09:09 AM
I'll Be At Tunerfest Fo Sho

Vteckidd
07-21-2009, 09:13 AM
ill be at TF

Tracy
07-21-2009, 09:14 AM
I told them their design was whack and looked just like NOPI. They told me they still needed to cater to the NOPI demographic. Goes to show you where they are coming from. Most of the advertising is coming from NOPI's email list—which is why Mark is probably mad. he gave them the tools then they cut him out???

EJ25RUN
07-21-2009, 09:23 AM
I won't make it to TFS as i'll be out of state but please let this get as big as possible.

Nopi ruined the scene for me. Now they're ruining it with a different name.

Tracy
07-21-2009, 09:44 AM
I have to say (I have tons of inside info. for MSN and from the past with NOPI) that I think Mark is a pretty cool dude, aside from the NOPI drama. In all my experience with NOPI, I always thought that Mark was bullied around and really wanted to change things...but his brother was always in it for the money and was the figure head of the organization. Mark used to talk to Dan and I all the time about changing things, but Mark always vetoed it. Oh well. Not taking up for NOPI, just wanted to take up for Mark a little.

Vteckidd
07-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Nopi ruined the scene for me. Now they're ruining it with a different name.
Sig worthy

I told Paul id be willing to donate some stuff for the Honda/Acura guys in the form of headers.

Ill also be willing to donate a pair of Recaros.

RAFFLE PRIZES!

Vteckidd
07-21-2009, 09:46 AM
I have to say (I have tons of inside info. for MSN and from the past with NOPI) that I think Mark is a pretty cool dude, aside from the NOPI drama. In all my experience with NOPI, I always thought that Mark was bullied around and really wanted to change things...but his brother was always in it for the money and was the figure head of the organization. Mark used to talk to Dan and I all the time about changing things, but Mark always vetoed it. Oh well. Not taking up for NOPI, just wanted to take up for Mark a little.
Is mark the hefty one or is that mike?

One was kind of a Mikey from OCC looking dude, the other was a pretty boy.

Tracy
07-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Is mark the hefty one or is that mike?

One was kind of a Mikey from OCC looking dude, the other was a pretty boy.Funny that you don't know since you worked there for so long! Mark was the heafty one. I wouldn't call Mike pretty though. LOL.

Vteckidd
07-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Funny that you don't know since you worked there for so long! Mark was the heafty one. I wouldn't call Mike pretty though. LOL.
Well he was the polo shirt wearing one.

I never met Mark or Mike, i only dealt with Bobby. ANd even him i only met twice. I worked at a satellite store so i had nothing to do with the MOtorsports division and FP rarely cared what was going on at Smyrna. As long as i did my $40,000 a month i got my bonus ($100) LOL

I always heard Mark The hefty one, was kind of the screw up of the Family, and Mike was Daddys boy. Mike ran the Nopi Nationals, Mark did the motorsports. At least that was the impression we were all given.

Tracy
07-21-2009, 09:58 AM
From what I was told, Mark came up with the idea to host the events in the first place. Most of the ideas were his then Mike implemented and managed it all. Of course big daddy Meyers is the ultimate boss.

hondachik
07-21-2009, 10:01 AM

Can we have the IA shirts out before then please? That way true IA members can show their loyalty while at the show

Vteckidd
07-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Big Daddy meyers is really just and old man long past his prime (in terms of how to run a business).

But he made his millions so i guess he can move on.

Bill was an asshole too, yeah i said it

Vteckidd
07-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Can we have the IA shirts out before then please? That way true IA members can show their loyalty while at the show
hmmmmmm

IA TF> MS NATIONALS T SHIRTS

good idea

you guys come up with a catchy phrase and ill make them

Paul
07-21-2009, 10:09 AM
i think atif has some already made up... we will have shirts/stickers/etc at the event

Paul
07-21-2009, 10:15 AM
as far as Mark goes... he and I have always been cool - most of the BS between IA and NOPI was shit between Glen/Wife and Julio/I. most of you guys know how those things work. Mark to me was always seemed like he really enjoyed the girls/cars where Mike seem to be a lot more focused on the biz side of things.

like i said before - NOPI like it or not did do alot for the scene especially here in Atlanta. I can't imagine anyone whose record is spotless - shit there are tons of people/shops/sponsors we've pissed off over the years. all i will say is i would love to know what the NOPI guys think about MSN and i would be hard pressed to think they would support MSN over us.

speedminded
07-21-2009, 10:26 AM
I wonder why no MSN people are joining this site to plea and beg?? lol... TFS FTMFW... I thank the staff of IA for doing this and the the entire mainstream staff.They have been and they all got banned. Probably for trying to advertise without being a paying sponsor.

Tracy
07-21-2009, 10:29 AM
I think Mike got really sick and is out of operations all together. That was the last I heard right before the fall.

Fr33way
07-21-2009, 10:27 PM
You will find me and as many real ass car guys as I can tell at the fest.

JITB
07-22-2009, 01:43 AM
Im glad Ia woke up and got a TF goin..

Paul
07-22-2009, 11:56 AM
You will find me and as many real ass car guys as I can tell at the fest.

THANX GUYS I APPRECIATE ALL OF THE SUPPORT :cheers:

uproot
08-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the props Julio :goodjob:

MINI
08-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Ive never been to nopi or any crap like that. But I will def be a Tunerfest.

i4_garage
08-02-2009, 12:53 PM
FCUK ONIP

Mr Egg Rollllll
08-02-2009, 12:58 PM
I haven't been to Nopi in year, never went to Motorsports N, but I'll definitely be at Tunerfest...

Seems really legit and I'm glad that Atlanta tuners are stepping up to the big companies. Thanks for making this happen!

§treet_§peed
08-02-2009, 02:06 PM
IA Where Chasing Pedo Bears Lurk.

IA Bringing IT Back.

§treet_§peed
08-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Quick question. Are they set up to dyno bikes?

Seymour222
08-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Sorry if this is off topic, but I did not read the preceding posts.

I think TFS is a wonderful idea, for more than the painfully obvious. I just hope people aren't expecting a 100% authentic replica of Nopi Nats or MSN. I think the idea of this event is what we need around here to keep interests up and fulfill the enthusiast void so many people constantly complain about. This is a FREE, repeat FREE event put together by people who literally live within one or more aspects of this-forgive me for lack of better word-lifestyle. Its going to be a kick ass meet with people who have a mutual interest. I, for one, am not expecting a Nopi Nats, or a MSN. I am looking forward to meeting an abundance of people from RICERS, to GRASSROOTS BACKYARD MECHANICS, to MY SHIT HAS MORE BLING THAN YOURS to DIE HARD DRIVERS WHO SPEND WHAT LITTLE MONEY THEY HAVE TO BEAT THE GARBAGE OUT OF THEIR 240-catch my drift? I am seriously looking forward to this so I can walk around the MSPI parking lot and see every person from our local community BS'ing about whats going on around them. Long winded, I know. I just hope people can remain open as far as expectations are concerned.

Major PROPS to EVERYONE for making a conscious effort to make this happen! I will be providing security, so watch yourselves punks. JK > ) .

SouthSide Tay
08-03-2009, 03:00 AM
Sorry if this is off topic, but I did not read the preceding posts.

I think TFS is a wonderful idea, for more than the painfully obvious. I just hope people aren't expecting a 100% authentic replica of Nopi Nats or MSN. I think the idea of this event is what we need around here to keep interests up and fulfill the enthusiast void so many people constantly complain about. This is a FREE, repeat FREE event put together by people who literally live within one or more aspects of this-forgive me for lack of better word-lifestyle. Its going to be a kick ass meet with people who have a mutual interest. I, for one, am not expecting a Nopi Nats, or a MSN. I am looking forward to meeting an abundance of people from RICERS, to GRASSROOTS BACKYARD MECHANICS, to MY SHIT HAS MORE BLING THAN YOURS to DIE HARD DRIVERS WHO SPEND WHAT LITTLE MONEY THEY HAVE TO BEAT THE GARBAGE OUT OF THEIR 240-catch my drift? I am seriously looking forward to this so I can walk around the MSPI parking lot and see every person from our local community BS'ing about whats going on around them. Long winded, I know. I just hope people can remain open as far as expectations are concerned.

Major PROPS to EVERYONE for making a conscious effort to make this happen! I will be providing security, so watch yourselves punks. JK > ) .
I really couldnt state it better myself...basically i fell like we IA are the underdogs but were are out to get what Nope or MSN is out for (THE MONEY) we do this but WE ARE Enthusiast. And like Seymour said from ricers to jdm'ers to v8 guys to blingers thats what we are ENTHUSSIAST we love what we do and we love IA.

Thank You IA for doing what you are doing and we support you. As long as you stay true to the community.

yogi08
08-03-2009, 04:09 AM
i like it