PDA

View Full Version : afternoon funny...

Paul
07-20-2009, 02:29 PM
http://240atlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39201&page=4

sorry i had to share... i got to say this it doesn't matter 240atlanta, wrxatlanta, siatlanta, midgatuners, its-stock,etc... all of these sites were started by enthusiasts. we own the scene and always will here in atlanta. large events can keep the fast & furious traffic i would rather have my local friends at my event. :cheers:

speedminded
07-20-2009, 03:06 PM
http://240atlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39201&page=4

sorry i had to share... i got to say this it doesn't matter 240atlanta, wrxatlanta, siatlanta, midgatuners, its-stock,etc... all of these sites were started by enthusiasts. we own the scene and always will here in atlanta. large events can keep the fast & furious traffic i would rather have my local friends at my event. :cheers:lol! We were all laughing about that at 3am this morning! I would love to get an IP check on 69JagXKE on 240Atlanta and compare it to those who were banned here trying to stick up for Motorsports National. He claims he has never been to ImportAtlanta but I call BS.

I love how the chick throws out her "impressive" resume but doesn't know what the largest local forum with 37,000+ members is or how they've screwed you over 2 years in a row. Fail.

Paul
07-20-2009, 03:19 PM
lol! We were all laughing about that at 3am this morning! I would love to get an IP check on 69JagXKE on 240Atlanta and compare it to those who were banned here trying to stick up for Motorsports National. He claims he has never been to ImportAtlanta but I call BS.

I love how the chick throws out her "impressive" resume but doesn't know what the largest local forum with 37,000+ members is or how they've screwed you over 2 years in a row. Fail.

i just love how her resume is supposed to speak for their event :rolleyes: ... com'on you can paul walker for all i care - coming into anyones home talking shit like this will get you a bad rep. obviously she thinks we are all kids and don't work in the industry :lmfao:

ps. i check out he sites she is attached to and we make a shit ton more traffic so her online resume doesn't impress me one bit.

speedminded
07-20-2009, 03:27 PM
i just love how her resume is supposed to speak for their event :rolleyes: ... com'on you can paul walker for all i care - coming into anyones home talking shit like this will get you a bad rep. obviously she thinks we are all kids and don't work in the industry :lmfao:

ps. i check out he sites she is attached to and we make a shit ton more traffic so her online resume doesn't impress me one bit.When she mentioned Modified I was hoping that was one of the magazines that became extinct the past year. I would have joined just to call her out on it lolol!

Plus I have to bite my tongue in some cases if I don't want to get black listed from shooting for big name magazines. :doh:

NVEOUS
07-20-2009, 03:27 PM
thats some funny shit right there.

Paul
07-20-2009, 03:33 PM
When she mentioned Modified I was hoping that was one of the magazines that became extinct the past year. I would have joined just to call her out on it lolol!

Plus I have to bite my tongue in some cases if I don't want to get black listed from shooting for big name magazines. :doh:

even modified... is still smaller than IA online and most definitely here in Atlanta. :lmfao:

Doppelgänger
07-20-2009, 06:53 PM
lol.. MS getting muthafuckin' OWN3D. I'll try to be at TFS...unfortunatly i'll be in just about every state out west in the next two months.

Paul
07-20-2009, 07:51 PM
lol.. MS getting muthafuckin' OWN3D. I'll try to be at TFS...unfortunatly i'll be in just about every state out west in the next two months.

you'll make it out b/c i gave you mod rights...

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f33/tunerfest-shootout-sept-19th-free-carshow-free-dynoruns-free-food-games-524102/

they just can't get a break :lmfao:

Member31410
07-20-2009, 10:09 PM
you'll make it out b/c i gave you mod rights...

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f33/tunerfest-shootout-sept-19th-free-carshow-free-dynoruns-free-food-games-524102/

they just can't get a break :lmfao:

I think I may know that guy.

speedminded
07-20-2009, 10:16 PM

they just can't get a break :lmfao:lol! http://i8.tinypic.com/24zatcj.jpgMotorsport Nationals

Paul
07-21-2009, 06:37 AM
I think I may know that guy.

ya maybe you got a twin :cheers:

ALVIN
07-21-2009, 07:01 AM
I'll be at TFS might be late though cuz I gotta work that day lol

Formally...
07-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Hey Paul, did you get a call from the people from the Nationals yesterday. They called the shop and wanted to know if there was any way they could "help out with the event". I said yea if they want to come by and clean my wheels that would be great.

Vteckidd
07-21-2009, 08:58 AM
HAHA

speedminded
07-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Hey Paul, did you get a call from the people from the Nationals yesterday. They called the shop and wanted to know if there was any way they could "help out with the event". I said yea if they want to come by and clean my wheels that would be great.If they stood at your bathroom door in a tuxedo and passed out paper towels, mints, and a squirt of cologne I might actually tip them...

Nah prolly not lol!

Vteckidd
07-21-2009, 09:58 AM
If they stood at your bathroom door in a tuxedo and passed out paper towels, mints, and a squirt of cologne I might actually tip them...

Nah prolly not lol!
They would be taking James job then, cant have that in this recession. Besides james like to put a little powder on my giggleberrys, makes them not chaff. Hard to beat that kind of service

speedminded
07-21-2009, 10:06 AM
They would be taking James job then, cant have that in this recession. Besides james like to put a little powder on my giggleberrys, makes them not chaff. Hard to beat that kind of servicelol! Only on IA. :lowrider:

Paul
07-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Hey Paul, did you get a call from the people from the Nationals yesterday. They called the shop and wanted to know if there was any way they could "help out with the event". I said yea if they want to come by and clean my wheels that would be great.

:lmfao:thats awesome

all_american_gurl09
07-21-2009, 01:12 PM
nice

JITB
07-21-2009, 02:09 PM
i think u all should get together and hug and talk it out or whatever.. because all this mix between the shows.. is hurting Atl's scene.. and its y we don thave shit here anyway.. no HIN, no more NOPI.. no nothing!

speedminded
07-21-2009, 02:19 PM
i think u all should get together and hug and talk it out or whatever.. because all this mix between the shows.. is hurting Atl's scene.. and its y we don thave shit here anyway.. no HIN, no more NOPI.. no nothing!Working things out would be paying Paul/Julio the money they owe IA or making up for not giving them a booth followed by not treating the Atlanta scene like they do.

HIN was poorly organized and Nopi was in it for the $$$ and doesn't have any since the economy has taken in a turn...plus its tough to make a profit when you have the high overhead of buildings and employees when customers can get things online for less.

Sponsorships aren't like they used to be, they don't have the funding and budgets.

What made the shows and scene so popular 5-10 years ago?

Paul
07-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Working things out would be paying Paul/Julio the money they owe IA or making up for not giving them a booth followed by not treating the Atlanta scene like they do.

HIN was poorly organized and Nopi was in it for the $$$ and doesn't have any since the economy has taken in a turn...plus its tough to make a profit when you have the high overhead of buildings and employees when customers can get things online for less.

Sponsorships aren't like they used to be, they don't have the funding and budgets.

it will be near impossible to build the scene like it used to be... honestly Fast & Furious killed the scene... i know that sounds cliche but before import scene blew up it was DIY and clubs/teams and sites like IA really ran the scene. back then there was maybe 2-3 shops around that we see today: Mahdavi, Eurotech, etc.

Kissing greedy promoters asses won't fix it - neither would teaming up w/ the guys who are out to do the samething over and over again. I have always enjoyed grassroots events and as long as I'm involved I will always support such.

JITB
07-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Working things out would be paying Paul/Julio the money they owe IA or making up for not giving them a booth followed by not treating the Atlanta scene like they do.

i understand all that, but honestly IA is nothing more than a message board. its not a compnay a business and its name doesnt get too far past the state lines. So you cant expect anyone to know what IA is etc. The tuner scene in atl is horrible. HIN was alright for what it was. Nopi was nationwide, and was a major yearly event in the US, so of course it was about money. the only people complaining about not going where people in GA...lol there were people driving from cali out here. it doesnt take much to put on a good show..especially with how connected the message boards are nowadays. All people want is lots of cars, lots of people, exposure, food, music. And were happy..