PDA

View Full Version : Misc i am NEVER livin in an apartment again, unless its the last resort!

blacknightteg
07-20-2009, 09:40 AM
alright so a few days ago i come home and my mom told me that i had got something in the mail. i opened it up and it was from a collection agency that was representing the apartment complex that i had lived in until august of last year. well, on this statement/letter it said that i owed 159.43 cents. so im like wtf. we had paid EVERYTHING already nothing should be owed to them anymore. let alone there doing this a year later? i mean come on. anyways, so i get on my online statements of the card that i had used to pay that sum back in august, went to that month, and sure enough, i had already paid that amount to the apartment complex. well i call up the apartment complex and they say that i just need to send them proof, and i did so. the guy i was talking to at the leasing office said i needed to check back with him Tuesday after 4 so he could send it off the collection agency or the main office, where ever. bump that, i called back up today cause i know they can do it faster then that and i told the guy the situation and that i had sent this other gentlemen proof of the payment and he said he would get back to me later this afternoon, after 12. well im probably going to have to call them, im sure they will not call me.

i also went and took it upon myself to call the collector. they said all i needed to do would be fax them the proof of the payment and then i would be good to go, so i did so. went up to work and faxed it off. called them back and they said it would take them a few days because they get a lot of fax's and they would get back to me when it was received and I am assuming processed. so now i have to wait for this stuff. I am probably going to call them both back in a few hours before i go to work and hopefully make them go ahead and get it done with.

this is why i am never going to live in an apartment complex ever again, unless its the last resort.

green91
07-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks for sharing~

Red_Phoenix
07-21-2009, 07:42 AM
Dude that sucks balls. I had the SAME thing happen to me only it was for $2000. They claimed that I had abandoned my apt 2 months before the lease was up and was resposible for the rent and late fees and penalties. Needless to say it took 2 years of bitching to get that sorted but in the meantime still had a hit on my credit. While you are at this make sure they report to the credit agancy their mistake and find out which company they report to because they may mark it paid in theier books but not fix the damage they did to yoru credit and you will have a mark of something going ot collections for howver long till it ages out, Good luck with that though, I wish you the best.

Boosted FC
07-21-2009, 09:02 AM
Quick as hell to want to take your money, but slow as hell when you show them proof that you owe nothing.......:lmfao:

KIZDAWAY
07-21-2009, 10:52 AM
that sux, but it could happen to any payment. Good to have records on file.