PDA

View Full Version : Misc Krav Maga

Ocelot
07-19-2009, 06:29 PM
"Krav Maga was born in the middle of the 40s by Imi Lichtenfeld (ZL) in Israel.

The conception of Krav Maga reveals a path that enables anyone to exert their right to life, even with the violence that surrounds us. It is the only fighting technique with a worldwide recognition as an art of self defense and not as a martial art. There are no rules or competitions, because the techniques envision self-defense in real-life situations. With simple, fast and objective responses to violent daily life situations, it shows the common citizen how to defend himself, regardless of his physical conditioning, age or sex. With a military origin, its application in security forces has been incorporated by corporations all over the world because of its efficiency in combat."

This stuff is great for self defense in real world settings, as opposed to traditional or competitive martial arts where the style revolves around a stance, or a specific area of fighting, such as: boxing = punches, judo = ground fighting, tae kwon do = counters. Krav Maga covers all of those, and even adds guns into the mix.

I served as a Marine for 5 years and learned the Marine Corps Martial arts, I want to continue my knowledge with Krav Maga.

Is anyone interested in learning/refreshing with me? or any martial art for that matter?

Ocelot
07-20-2009, 04:20 PM
no one?