PDA

View Full Version : German Motogp quali: Highside sends Hayden into Canepa like a human missle *Video*

EJ25RUN
07-18-2009, 02:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3URY5GK2mgc

Just finished watching qualifying.

Ducat's Canepa is listed as ok. I've never seen anything like this. Sheesh.

The crash is at 0:38 secs.

Niccolò Canepa - Forgives Nicky for accident.

"What a hit ! I didn't understand what happened until I saw the replay while I was in the mobile clinic. When I was on the ground after the accident I saw and heard Hayden saying to me "Sorry, sorry, sorry", but I didn't understand why. He doesn't have to worry because this sort of thing can happen and the most important thing is that both of us are ok and ready to race tomorrow. I suffered a hard contusion on my back, head and ankle, but nothing is broken. I felt a lot of heat in my lower back but everything seems back to normality now. I want to thank the mobile clinic doctors who have helped me to relax and will do everything possible to put me back in top form for tomorrow's race."

David88vert
07-18-2009, 03:56 PM
wow

dazn
07-18-2009, 04:47 PM
I wonder how many more times that Duc is gonna throw Hayden off this season. How long is his contract there anyways? Im pretty sure he's not getting another one.

EJ25RUN
07-18-2009, 04:59 PM
I wonder how many more times that Duc is gonna throw Hayden off this season. How long is his contract there anyways? Im pretty sure he's not getting another one.

Nicky got a little bit of development since he finally got a decent testing session in on the Ducati. He is known to do a lot of laps which might have helped him.

He finished today's session qualified in 4th overall. Just 1 behind Stoner! This is good progress coming from his 5th at Laguna.

EJ25RUN
07-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Just watched the race on BBC. Not bad. I'm used to Eurosport but with Toby and Jules taking a break, i figured i'd give the BBC a shot.

speedminded
07-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Crazy! I'm trying to figure out what was causing the tires to grab near the apex...