PDA

View Full Version : Music Drake. Lost some credibility for me.

Captain-Obvious™
07-18-2009, 12:09 PM
We all know Drake.

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/110/l_afb284b29200de7a03ef4a6b435a13b8.jpg

Degrassi: The Next Generation

Jimmy.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1013044/

I watched the music video for You the fuckin' best today and realized who he was. Did everyone know this already?

C-loS109
07-18-2009, 12:11 PM
yes. lol

Captain-Obvious™
07-18-2009, 12:13 PM
yes. lol

Damn. Well cripple turned international hip hop star FTW.

C-loS109
07-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Damn. Well cripple turned international hip hop star FTW.

x2

Revmaynard
07-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Yea, I knew him from the show when I first saw him as a rapper. I got some serious LOL.

Captain-Obvious™
07-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Yea, I knew him from the show when I first saw him as a rapper. I got some serious LOL.

Not gon' lie. I did too.

quickdodge®
07-18-2009, 12:43 PM
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1013044/

Lolol @ one of the comments in that link. Someone said he was the best rapper. Lolol. He's not even mediocre. Later, QD.

Captain-Obvious™
07-18-2009, 12:56 PM
Lolol @ one of the comments in that link. Someone said he was the best rapper. Lolol. He's not even mediocre. Later, QD.

Seriously. Those comments are pretty hilarious.

cactusEG
07-18-2009, 01:40 PM
old news..

Vteckidd
07-18-2009, 01:44 PM
yeah way old.

Its not uncommon for musicians to be involved with TV or Movies, look at Jaime Fox , Kevin Bacon, Russel Crowe, RZA, Ludacris, 50 Cent, Eminem, etc.

He does have some R&B Tendencies so i can see him being that soap opera kinda guy lol.

Rapping, hes pretty good. He has a good voice for the RnB crowd, and he can freestyle pretty good. So Far Gone was prob one of the best albums i heard this year. Very eclectic.

Kid Cudi
Drake
J Cole
Tech N9ne
Asher Roth

Pretty good hip hop artists coming up.

quickdodge®
07-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Rapping, hes pretty good. He has a good voice for the RnB crowd, and he can freestyle pretty good. So Far Gone was prob one of the best albums i heard this year. Very eclectic.

Kid Cudi
Drake
J Cole
Tech N9ne
Asher Roth

Freestyle? Him? Lolol. None of the above mentioned are all that good. And "coming up" and Tech N9ne in the same sentence? Hes been out for years, man. Lolol. Later, QD.

Vteckidd
07-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech has been out a long time for sure, but im just saying i think they are getting a lot more exposure right now

The mixtapes are doing pretty well right now, they have been A LOT better than the rap albums mainstream being put out IMO

Vteckidd
07-18-2009, 02:30 PM
QD we all know you dont like anything if it isnt from circa 1980-1990

quickdodge®
07-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Tech has been out a long time for sure, but im just saying i think they are getting a lot more exposure right now

He's always gotten pretty decent exposure. But he has oming up a little bit more s of lae.

The mixtapes are doing pretty well right now, they have been A LOT better than the rap albums mainstream being put out IMO

I can't argue that for sure.

QD we all know you dont like anything if it isnt from circa 1980-1990

Well you're quite a bit off there. That is the main era of good rap and hip hop, but there are a lot of stuff I like from the near past. Just no one here has either heard of it or posts it. Most everyone here posts only "mainstream" underground stuff. Later, QD.

Vteckidd
07-18-2009, 02:43 PM
He's always gotten pretty decent exposure. But he has oming up a little bit more s of lae.

I can't argue that for sure.

Well you're quite a bit off there. That is the main era of good rap and hip hop, but there are a lot of stuff I like from the near past. Just no one here has either heard of it or posts it. Most everyone here posts only "mainstream" underground stuff. Later, QD.
i was joking with you big guy :)

Im always open to hear new stuff, mainstream rap disgusts me. But my "underground" is prop the popular mixtapes that are being talked about now. So im sure there is a slue of stuff out there i never heard about and i just cant find.

PM me with some things to check out :)

cjhutch
07-18-2009, 10:14 PM
yeah way old.

Its not uncommon for musicians to be involved with TV or Movies, look at Jaime Fox , Kevin Bacon, Russel Crowe, RZA, Ludacris, 50 Cent, Eminem, etc.

He does have some R&B Tendencies so i can see him being that soap opera kinda guy lol.

Kid Cudi
Drake
J Cole
Tech N9ne
Asher Roth

Yeah man, you can't put Tech in the same sentence or thought with those guys. He's been doing at a high level for so long and that's without ever receiving a mainstream push. He has accomplished more than most of the big mainstream rappers out right now. His flow is crazy and he's constantly putting other people on. I love how he always adds some comedy to his albums, but still manages to get his point across. KC rap gets no love outside the midwest.

Back to the topic, Drake doesn't pretend to be anything he isn't and I think that's the best route to take. Of course in the current hip hop field you can be as fake as you want to be and still get a pass. He doesn't need any credibility besides what he puts on wax. QD, I disagree with your assessment that he is not even mediocre. He's got creative word play and he can make tracks that actually tell a story. A lot of people don't realize how many rappers and singers can not do that, even the ones with crazy lyrical ability.