PDA

View Full Version : Random The speed limit..

§treet_§peed
07-18-2009, 01:56 AM
A good point made by some people at Georgia State University... A little old so i hope its not a repost but anyways. So some of you bitch about people speeding. This is what would happen if everyone done the speed limit. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B-Ox0ZmVIU

Buttons
07-18-2009, 01:58 AM
welcome to forever ago....

§treet_§peed
07-18-2009, 01:59 AM
hey just saying. anyways here's somehting i found interesting on another forum...
http://www.city-data.com/forum/georgia/686911-ga-speed-traps-unwary-778-ticket.html

Catnip
07-18-2009, 02:01 AM
Glad to see you posted in the Video section

speedminded
07-18-2009, 02:02 AM
A good point made by some people at Georgia State University... A little old so i hope its not a repost but anyways. So some of you bitch about people speeding. This is what would happen if everyone done the speed limit. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B-Ox0ZmVIUChanges in speed is what cause accidents, not the speed itself. The slower people don't pay attention. If everyone drove 100 it wouldn't be much different than everyone driving 55...except for the dumb asses that want to exit from the left lanes.

§treet_§peed
07-18-2009, 02:02 AM
the point is that if everyone obeyed the law 100% it would be hell.

§treet_§peed
07-18-2009, 02:03 AM
Glad to see you posted in the Video sectionyes master anything else sir? should i go get you something else?

Catnip
07-18-2009, 02:05 AM
yes master anything else sir? should i go get you something else?

Maybe some sense, intelligence, and testosterone... for you.

§treet_§peed
07-18-2009, 02:05 AM
you think grid lock is bad the way it is now? if no one sped, it would be constant grid lock while going down the road period. all day everyday.

§treet_§peed
07-18-2009, 02:06 AM
Maybe some sense, intelligence, and testosterone... for you.maybe i can get u some rogaine for that receding hairline of yours?

Catnip
07-18-2009, 02:07 AM
maybe i can get u some rogaine for that recending hairline of yours?

LOL. Come up with something better than my hair line that has been the same... since I had hair.

Strike #1 for needing intelligence.

§treet_§peed
07-18-2009, 02:09 AM
LOL. Come up with something better than my hair line that has been the same... since I had hair.

Strike #1 for needing intelligence.anyways quit detouring my thread ass monkey

Catnip
07-18-2009, 02:12 AM
anyways quit detouring my thread ass monkey

Maybe if it were in the right section, I'd stay on topic.

Strike #2 for needing intelligence.

§treet_§peed
07-18-2009, 02:13 AM
you never stay on topic. all you talk about is how quick you sell and trade cars. OR try to find something about everyone to pic at.

speedminded
07-18-2009, 02:19 AM
the point is that if everyone obeyed the law 100% it would be hell.No because those people passing on the shoulder don't want to go 55 and everyone is bunching up and crowding because they want to go faster because they're accustomed to going faster.

That's why "slower traffic keep right" or "keep right except to pass" is so important...following that simple rule will prevent MOST accidents on interstates. It's the dumb fucks driving the speed limit or under in the left lanes that forces all the other lanes to be affected that cause accidents. Literally 5 lanes of traffic get fucked because of one person driving the speed limit in the left lane. They are normally the same person that tries to get over 4 lanes the last second to make an exit too...or they can't get over because they are being passed on their right side.

An entire interstate is effected by one ignorant person impeding the flow of traffic. It's really simple, drive in the right lanes unless you are passing...overtake the vehicle in front of you then merge back over. It's such a basic concept that millions of drivers can not grasp. All they have to do is take the crown air freshener off the dash of their Camry so they actually see the road and stay the fuck out of the left lanes.

Catnip
07-18-2009, 02:21 AM
you never stay on topic. all you talk about is how quick you sell and trade cars. OR try to find something about everyone to pic at.

In the whoreslounge. When I go outside of the whoreslounge, I keep it on topic.

Kind of like how this belongs outside of the whoreslounge.

You not understanding = Strike #3 for needing intelligence.

speedminded
07-18-2009, 02:28 AM
you think grid lock is bad the way it is now? if no one sped, it would be constant grid lock while going down the road period. all day everyday.Gridlock means there is something SLOWING the cars down. Other than the first 6-8 cars going 55 nobody else wants to go 55, that the only reason why the traffic is backed up. If they WANTED to go 55 then there would be no gridlock and everybody would be just fine.

The argument is dumb, the video is retarded, they have no valid argument, and I want to kick the students teeth in...after fucking the one cute blonde.

quickdodgeŽ
07-18-2009, 06:54 AM
Glad to see you posted in the Video section

That's been taken care of. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
07-18-2009, 06:56 AM
The argument is dumb, the video is retarded, they have no valid argument,

It seems to me that what they did was prove that even if everyone is going the speed limit, that there are not so many problem. When the shot from on the bridge was being shown, it looked like all the cars were moving along just fine. There was no stop-n-go or just stopping. Everyone was moving along at a well respectable pace for being "jammed in" as it were. In "gridlock" traffic, people are starting and stopping every few feet on the highway. There's mostly 15-25, 30 mile per hour movement. That in the video was a constant 55 mile per hour "jam." I'll take the latter over the former any day.

I never understand how some people try and do everything they can to "validate" breaking the law. Later, QD.

§treet_§peed
07-18-2009, 08:32 AM
i woulnd't say breaking the law is what im trying to support. just showing how everyone doing 55 would be a bigger headache. Lets just say everyone followed you little speech about being dumb and you are the only smart driver. then there would be no need for more than two lanes anywhere. think about that. what kind of problems it would cause then. wait maybe you have since you seem to be part of the MENSA group.

quickdodgeŽ
07-18-2009, 08:44 AM
i woulnd't say breaking the law is what im trying to support. just showing how everyone doing 55 would be a bigger headache. Lets just say everyone followed you little speech about being dumb and you are the only smart driver. then there would be no need for more than two lanes anywhere. think about that. what kind of problems it would cause then. wait maybe you have since you seem to be part of the MENSA group.

Huh? I'm not following your response for one of two following reasons:

1. It isn't directed to me
2. It just doesn't make any sense as you referenced nothing that was said.

Later, QD.

speedminded
07-18-2009, 01:13 PM
i woulnd't say breaking the law is what im trying to support. just showing how everyone doing 55 would be a bigger headache. Lets just say everyone followed you little speech about being dumb and you are the only smart driver. then there would be no need for more than two lanes anywhere. think about that. what kind of problems it would cause then. wait maybe you have since you seem to be part of the MENSA group.How is it a headache? You don't understand. If everyone WANTED to go the same speed then traffic would not be backed and people would not be driving recklessly on the shoulder to get around them and GO FASTER. The only thing the video proves is everybody WANTS to go faster.

and as QD says, going slower and maintaining a constant speed is what prevents gridlocked stop and go traffic. The skinny pedal on the right is an on-off switch for 9/10 drivers in stop and go traffic. They all floor it just to slam on the brakes to stop again on the ass of the car in front of them. If they just stayed back 5 or 6 or 10 car lengths instead of crowding and bunching up like a bunch of 12 year old girls in front of the stage at a back street boys concert there would be no stop and go traffic and we wouldn't have a need for $500,000 traffic traffic light setups on expressway/interstate on-ramps. I guarantee you if everyone maintained a 5+ car length space during Atlanta rush hour you would NEVER come to a complete stop and there would be virtually no accidents.

§treet_§peed
07-19-2009, 08:45 AM
^ your missing my point. when did i say everyone WANTED to go the same speed. i simply said this is what would happen if everyone did go the speed limit.

quickdodgeŽ
07-19-2009, 09:08 AM
^ your missing my point. when did i say everyone WANTED to go the same speed.

No one missed your point. And you never said everyone wanted to go the same speed. No one said you said that. We're saying that if everyone would relax and drive the same speed (at the limit) then snags and snarls and traffic jams would not be nearly as bad as they are now. Later, QD.

speedminded
07-19-2009, 12:58 PM
^ your missing my point. when did i say everyone WANTED to go the same speed. i simply said this is what would happen if everyone did go the speed limit.No it's not because everyone behind the first cars are trying to go faster. That's why they're bunched up 1 car length apart honking and yelling and passing on the shoulder. You can't catch up to someone directly in front of you if you're going the same speed as them.