PDA

View Full Version : Misc Toshiba Laptops

JustinSane110™
10-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Ive been looking for the right laptop to get as my next computer, since I killed my last one DL'ing movies and music but never stopped to think about getting virus protection (smart, I know) and caught one hell of a virus. I've looked at everything from Dell to Alienware and I think I've narrowed it down to this one:

http://laptopmag.com/Review/Toshiba-Qosmio-G25-AV513.htm

So if anybody has any experience with Toshiba comps could you give me some input, likes/dislike etc. Thanks.

AznTraitor
10-07-2005, 07:10 AM
I have a satellite series something....

it's a newer one, the whole multimedia package thing...

it's been a great laptop for school and random surfing here and there.....my only complaint is, I shouldnt have gone with the widescreen.....the overall laptop is big, not weight wise, but length, it's pretty long...so I dont like carrying it around so much. battery life is so so, you have 5 different settings thru the toshiba power management program, basically it makes the screen brighter the more power you want to use.

I'm probably gonna sell this one soon, and buy a Vaio or something or Dell.....I just need something SMALL......this one is great, but it's a little bigger than I originally wanted.

AtifSajid
10-07-2005, 10:54 AM
9.5 lbs..DAMN.
Looks REAL nice.
Not a fan of slot loading.

Other than that it looks like a laptop that can kick some serious ass..after you get it, let us know how it runs.

Camrazy2102
10-07-2005, 03:19 PM
wow thats a real good laptop there!!

Pher
10-09-2005, 04:17 PM
Yeah, that thing is an anchor, 9.5 lbs! And the battery lasts just shy of 2 hours. :(
I have seen a lot of overheating problems with a few different Toshiba series laptops. With all of the power in that little thing, the cooling will more than likely be a factor.
5400 HD, 1 gig of ram, 2g cpu, high end vid card... yeah, thats going to generate a lot of heat.

AtifSajid
10-10-2005, 09:43 AM
Yeah, same issue with Dell laptops.. Thats why I stick to HP/Compaq and IBM..

Kristi
10-12-2005, 12:39 PM
I have a Toshiba - just got it about a week ago and so far i love it. the only problem I am having with it is that it isn't keeping the time right - and collins' does the same thing.

speaking of which - anyone know why it won't keep the time?

AznTraitor
10-12-2005, 05:23 PM
I have a Toshiba - just got it about a week ago and so far i love it. the only problem I am having with it is that it isn't keeping the time right - and collins' does the same thing.

speaking of which - anyone know why it won't keep the time?

mine keeps the time perfectly.....I just think it gets a little hot and the battery life is kinda low.

Kristi
10-13-2005, 10:44 AM
mine keeps the time perfectly.....I just think it gets a little hot and the battery life is kinda low.

idk, i keep the computer plugged up at all times so it doesn't ever run on the battery.

AznTraitor
10-13-2005, 10:48 AM
idk, i keep the computer plugged up at all times so it doesn't ever run on the battery.

I read somewhere that doing that actually hurts the longevity of the overall battery life?

Kristi
10-13-2005, 01:29 PM
hmmm, i'm not sure - never hurt my other laptop. i keep it on throughout the day at work so that is why it is always plugged up. then when i'm at home, i'm on it for so long, that i just plug it up - homework and shit

threehundred
10-14-2005, 09:18 AM
I use a Toshiba TM3, 2G processeor, 1.5G RAM. Battery lasts for a good while (3-4 hours) and I don't use any of the power saving options (ie, I keep the brightness of the screen on high no matter what the battery level is). I've had no problems with over-heating, although it does get warm. I prefer this laptop over all I've experienced first hand.

JustinSane110™
12-08-2005, 03:17 PM
**UPDATE**

Finally got it about a week ago, loving it so far. Haven't noticed too many heating issues. But I did have the not keeping time problem Kristi posted about, shit was 2 hrs off and I almost didnt make it to pick my sis up from school, lol. Got kinda worried at first because a few programs froze over and over, but it all worked out within the first day, no problems with freezing since then. Great screen brightness and detail. Havent got around to testing all of the features like the tv tuner and the DVR though.

Curbow_USMC
12-08-2005, 03:26 PM
I have a Toshiba.... so far so good, i'm happy with it!!

KAMPER420
12-08-2005, 06:33 PM
i got a toshiba i havent had any real problems with it.