PDA

View Full Version : Who else hates chunky salsa?

man
07-17-2009, 04:36 PM
I want some damn restaurant style salsa that I can buy at the grocery store. I need some suggestions.

roxie911
07-17-2009, 04:40 PM
How can you hate chunky salsa!!?!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Killer
07-17-2009, 04:45 PM
i'm with the op! restaurant style is where it is at!!!

speedminded
07-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Just make your own dude, salsa is SOOOO easy to make. Every grocery store has salsa seasoning mix.

I only like it chunky if it's mixed with queso.

SPOOLIN
07-17-2009, 05:00 PM
I want some damn restaurant style salsa that I can buy at the grocery store. I need some suggestions.

im telling you what, i feel the same way, where can i get the good shit. If i want a bowl with chunks of veggies i can cut that shit and just look at it cause thats shitty.

SUBY_RUE
07-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Tostitos makes resturant style salsa, you can get it at korger. Thats what I buy...

Tc_Jenn
07-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Actually more than likely whatever restuarants salsa you like probably sells it in like a jug or something. I know that mexican restuarants in macon do. Its a little more sometimes than it is at the store, but hey its the good stuff!!!

Deke
07-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Tostitos makes resturant style salsa, you can get it at korger. Thats what I buy...

This was my favorite for a long time. Now if I want some good salsa I just make it myself. Like others said it's really easy to do.

I've got no qualms with chunky salsa though. The best thing to do at the restaurants is to order a side of pico de gallo and mix it in with your salsa. Nothing like some raw jalapenos, cilantro, onions, and tomatoes to make for some fantastic dipping.

LordZed
07-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Actually more than likely whatever restuarants salsa you like probably sells it in like a jug or something. I know that mexican restuarants in macon do. Its a little more sometimes than it is at the store, but hey its the good stuff!!!

This is true, you can usually just ask them and they will sell you a good bit in a jug :bump: good suggestion!

Thats how Chichi's used to do it and then they even went commercial with there's. I miss Chichi's :(

Turbd4DE
07-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Just buy some an put it in a blender....With a lil cheese. mmmmmm.... good to go.

aaronfelipe
07-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Chunky Salsa FTMFW!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PrAvgW_UQiM/ScgLJssZSiI/AAAAAAAAEms/dOVcNa0LUmE/s400/salsa.jpg

Z0_o6
07-17-2009, 05:41 PM
i HATE chunky salsa. restaurant style is definitely win.

roxie911
07-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Chunky Salsa FTMFW!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PrAvgW_UQiM/ScgLJssZSiI/AAAAAAAAEms/dOVcNa0LUmE/s400/salsa.jpg

x2 :goodjob: :goodjob:

Nemesis
07-17-2009, 06:09 PM
you dont like chunky? Easy...pour some spaghetti sauce out then fag000t

punkr6
07-17-2009, 06:13 PM
I buy the chunky shit and put it in a blender, presto- instant restaurant style...

Echonova
07-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Costco. Buy your own damn jug rather than get it from a restaurant.

speedminded
07-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Costco. Buy your own damn jug rather than get it from a restaurant.Wal-mart sells food in bulk...you can get gallon sized containers of it. If someone doesn't want to make it just put it in a blender and poor it back in the container!

LordZed
07-17-2009, 10:25 PM
I like both kinds :D LosToribios give you TWO kinds there :boobies: :goodjob: :bump:

I think salsa is a highly underated topic

Echonova
07-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Wal-mart sells food in bulk...you can get gallon sized containers of it. If someone doesn't want to make it just put it in a blender and poor it back in the container!No single gallon can satisfy a man's appetite when he wants Salsa!!! Only the 20gal jug with the easy pour handle will do!!!!!

(I agree about the blender part though.)

hondachik
07-17-2009, 10:53 PM
Chunky Style is where its all. All those veggies, yum. I got some in the cabinet right now =)

Slomaro Z28
07-17-2009, 10:53 PM
i HATE chunky salsa. restaurant style is definitely win.

x2:yes:

Total_Blender
07-19-2009, 11:44 PM
Chunky only, preferably homemade. "Restaurant style" is for gringos :D.

1.) No seasoning mix needed
2.) 4 cans whole tomatoes, drain the juice from them. Never use fresh tomatoes. Don't ask me why its just better that way. Save juice from tomatoes for soup or whatever.
3.) chop 2 cloves garlic
4.) crumble in 1 dried Ancho chilie (you can get these at any grocery store on the "Mexican" aisle.
5a.) 1 chopped fresh jalapeno
5b.) 2 roasted jalapenos, 1 roasted poblano chilie, chopped *
6.) pinch of salt
7.) 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
8.) juice of 1/2 lime
9.) 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
10.) 1/2 tsp sugar (sounds wierd, but trust me its good)

Combine all ingredients in blender, pulse 3-4 times, let sit in fridge for 1 hour.... it will turn from pink to red. *To roast peppers, place in 500 deg. oven until peppers become soft and skins start to peel off.

That makes about the best salsa you'll ever have. Whats also good is if you combine everything into a tin-foil pouch instead of blending it, leaving a little opening at the top and put it on the grill for a smoked flavor.

ShooterMcGavin
07-20-2009, 08:35 AM
chunky salsa ftmftw
/thread

speedminded
07-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Chunky only, preferably homemade. "Restaurant style" is for gringos :D.

1.) No seasoning mix needed
2.) 4 cans whole tomatoes, drain the juice from them. Never use fresh tomatoes. Don't ask me why its just better that way. Save juice from tomatoes for soup or whatever.
3.) chop 2 cloves garlic
4.) crumble in 1 dried Ancho chilie (you can get these at any grocery store on the "Mexican" aisle.
5a.) 1 chopped fresh jalapeno
5b.) 2 roasted jalapenos, 1 roasted poblano chilie, chopped *
6.) pinch of salt
7.) 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
8.) juice of 1/2 lime
9.) 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
10.) 1/2 tsp sugar (sounds wierd, but trust me its good)

Combine all ingredients in blender, pulse 3-4 times, let sit in fridge for 1 hour.... it will turn from pink to red. *To roast peppers, place in 500 deg. oven until peppers become soft and skins start to peel off.

That makes about the best salsa you'll ever have. Whats also good is if you combine everything into a tin-foil pouch instead of blending it, leaving a little opening at the top and put it on the grill for a smoked flavor.You're my hero! :goodjob: I would never expect anyone I don't know to put more effort than opening a pouch and pouring the packet into a few diced vegetables though...well, tomato is technically a fruit but you know what i mean. Especially when they don't think about simply putting the common chunky style salsa in a blender to smooth it out then put it back into the container. :doh:

I even make my own steak sauce. :yumyum:

Total_Blender
07-20-2009, 03:39 PM
To me salsa is about taste and texture. If there isn't any "bite" in the vegetables... then its just spicy ketchup. :screwy:

The place where I go most often for lunch does restaurant style, but they also have pico de gallo, so I mix the two and its pretty good.

I like corn and black beans in my salsa too sometimes.