PDA

View Full Version : Batlground: Sirius Tahoe

Batlground
07-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Sirius installation just completed on a 08' Tahoe. Nothing crazy, clean, and simple.

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq208/batlground/customer%20cars/Sirius%20Suburban/DSCN0368.jpg
http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq208/batlground/customer%20cars/Sirius%20Suburban/DSCN0369.jpg
http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq208/batlground/customer%20cars/Sirius%20Suburban/DSCN0370.jpg

drpepper14
07-17-2009, 06:58 PM
I apologize but that is not a "clean" install. It may be simple, but not clean.

If you guys need someone else to do your a/v work let me know lol

Tracy
07-17-2009, 07:12 PM
What would you change? Location of the device? I may have chosen to put it in my dash for a cleaner look, but to each their own. I'm sure that decision wasn't theirs. It looks to me like someone wanted something that they could remove later while not compromising their dash or something similar.

Again, consider the customer, purpose and budget.

drpepper14
07-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Oh I know about the customer and their needs/budgets...but the wiring was just not well taken care of...it could look much better and be mounted in a different location regardless if they wanted it to be easily removable and/or out of their line of site.

Like I said...I would've mounted elsewhere and not covered the wires in electrical tape and left them hanging looking somewhat sloppy

BanginJimmy
07-17-2009, 08:06 PM
I have to agree with drpepper. It is a basic, functional install, but not very clean and definitely not something to showcase.

drpepper14
07-17-2009, 09:57 PM
I'd be interested to see where the antenna comes into the vehicle. Mounting on the front pretty much always requires the antenna to come through the door jamb, and this is the #1 cause of antennas going bad and causing people like me to spend countless hours replacing antennas due to "no signal" because it was poorly installed in the first place.

umairejaz
07-17-2009, 10:01 PM
^ I feel this dude knows what he's taking about.

drpepper14
07-17-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm an MECP certified installer and have been installing for quite a while now. I'm in no way bashing batlground, but more so trying to help them see where they can improve in the audio/video department.

drpepper14
07-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Here just some pics of my last 2 installs

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/1zach4/Box16.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/1zach4/IMG00069.jpg
(In Progress)

b@d @pple
07-17-2009, 11:32 PM
HAHAHA COME THE F U C K ON..GET ON MY LEVEL

Barefoot
07-17-2009, 11:52 PM
good try at clean. everything else is there.

drpepper14
07-18-2009, 12:00 AM
HAHAHA COME THE F U C K ON..GET ON MY LEVEL

Haha not many people are on your level. period.

Donati03gt
07-18-2009, 12:02 AM
+1 to dr pepper !

Tracy
07-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the input and it's not a showcase. It's to let people know that sometimes they do more than engine/race stuff. Like I said, I'm sure they mounted it where the customer wanted it. I don't work on stereo's and haven't brought this thread up to them, but I know their work and I know customers and I am going to assume they did just what the customer asked for.

Also, thanks for your pics, but they really don't apply to this thread in particular. What would have applied more is a simple Sirius install not mounted in the dash, etc. :)

drpepper14
07-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Ill be sure to take a picture of one today while i'm at work.

b@d @pple
07-18-2009, 11:07 AM
. What would have applied more is a simple Sirius install not mounted in the dash, etc. :)

we dont take pictures of things like that

Batlground
07-18-2009, 11:37 AM
You guys are a trip.

Its just what the customer wanted and is exactly what he asked for and paid for. If he wanted us to spend more time on it he would have paid more. But he wanted it as simple as he could get it.

Nice pictures of your installs above. I dont like using so much wood because its too heavy. But to each his own.

Barefoot
07-18-2009, 12:08 PM
there are somethings u show off and brag about. others like this if it was me i wouldnt have posted it. i would have waited for a better time and install to post up. no joke this makes your work look like a joke. normally yall on are on it making us lil guys work 5x-10x harder to compete with your builds for our customers. i understand the customer didnt want flashy or anything. i just would have picked something better to try to promote with. i dont so any of this audio stuff. im just going off of a does it look clean stand point and would i use that to get more customers into my door.

Tracy
07-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Responses here http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244712. Sorry, I don't feel like posting it twice :D It's Saturday.

p.s. I didn't see any bragging. Only a short description.

Barefoot
07-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Responses here http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244712. Sorry, I don't feel like posting it twice :D It's Saturday.

p.s. I didn't see any bragging. Only a short description.a post with look at my work is bragging. ive read that an it seems yall are the only people who dont see what everybody else is saying.

The Ren
07-18-2009, 05:26 PM
What your not getting is the customer asked for a simple sirius install. It wasnt meant to be AMAZING OMG work.. Batlground was simply trying to show they do more then body and engine work.

Tracy
07-18-2009, 05:31 PM
a post with look at my work is bragging. ive read that an it seems yall are the only people who dont see what everybody else is saying.Ok, let's make sure I have it right. We posted some work that we did and people say we should not have posted it? Amirite? Cool. I am pretty sure we understand where you all are coming from, but I will go ahead and say again...what's done is done, right? We posted it, it's there, we justified, it's not working. Not the biggest deal in the world...to us anyways :)

The customer is happy. I will go ahead an apologize that we upset everyone else with our pictures :)

drpepper14
07-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Not upset here! Just trying to give some constructive criticism! For now i'm bowing out of these threads because tracy and batlground get what we are saying...it could be cleaner lol

Barefoot
07-18-2009, 10:16 PM
Batlground was simply trying to show they do more then body and engine work.with the worst possible example.
Ok, let's make sure I have it right. We posted some work that we did and people say we should not have posted it? Amirite? Cool. I am pretty sure we understand where you all are coming from, but I will go ahead and say again...what's done is done, right? We posted it, it's there, we justified, it's not working. Not the biggest deal in the world...to us anyways :)

The customer is happy. I will go ahead an apologize that we upset everyone else with our pictures :)im not upset just thought it wasnt a good example.

umairejaz
07-18-2009, 11:24 PM
We love you guys, end of story I believe.

Barefoot
07-19-2009, 06:26 AM
We love you guys, end of story I believe.love no respect yes

Frög
07-19-2009, 06:46 AM
You guys are a trip.

Its just what the customer wanted and is exactly what he asked for and paid for. If he wanted us to spend more time on it he would have paid more. But he wanted it as simple as he could get it.

Then it is installed the way it should be, but I think drpepper was referring solely to the "clean" nomination..

I think you all went off on a tangent here..

Installer88
07-19-2009, 10:41 PM
First, I installed everything exactly where the customer wanted, with extra slack in the wires so they could move the unit if they wanted.
Second, the antenna wire is run through a grommet in the firewall, I too have fixed many messed up antenna's due to improper installation.
Third, Here is another sat radio/ laser jammer install that I did a little while ago.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x293/installer88/P071020002.jpg

Tracy
07-20-2009, 08:18 AM
First, I installed everything exactly where the customer wanted, with extra slack in the wires so they could move the unit if they wanted. There ya go then.