PDA

View Full Version : AC Gurus HELP

E=MC˛
07-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Car is a 1995 Civic DX. Only option is AC and its something i have become fond of.

Problem: AC is cool when driving but not cold. PSI drops as RPM goes up.

Here is what i have done so far. AC recharged to 35PSI which is in the green on my gauge. Revved the car up and it drops to almost nothing. Today the compressor started making a funny noise so i took a look at it. When i rev the car up the compressor stops moving for second and makes a noise that sounds like a mini BOV.

Anything would help.

Barefoot
07-16-2009, 08:45 PM
what kind of gauges are u using autozone single gauge or like a robinair dual gauge. how much froen did u put in.

E=MC˛
07-16-2009, 08:53 PM
it was empty when i got it.

maybe 1.5 small cans and it put me in the green on a single gauge style.

it now feels like the compressor is turning on and off when im driving down the road. a lot of noise from the compressor, the little BOV sounds.

Barefoot
07-16-2009, 09:11 PM
1. it was supposed to be vacuum down to about 27
2. it takes 19.2 oz of freon with about 4oz of oil

the on an off your getting could be either not enough freon or to much air in lines.

might be something else a/c is hard to diag online.

Master Shake
07-17-2009, 08:48 AM
you rev the engine and the compressor stops and sounds like a BOV?

sounds like it might have a leak.

Batlground
07-17-2009, 09:24 AM
I have been fighting with my truck for the last week. It had a bunch of small leaks. It would work for a short amount of time. Then the compressor started cycling on and off. After I fixed the leaks the compressor started leaking so I had to change the compressor. Hopefully it will fix it.

Take it to an ac shop with a freon sniffer and have them check it for small leaks.

Barefoot
07-17-2009, 09:45 AM
his comp locked up