PDA

View Full Version : SRT-4 Kills Vortech Supercharged GT

oleblue
07-16-2009, 05:33 PM
One of my friends just got a Vortech supercharger put on his 2001 Mustang GT and had it dyno tuned at Modular Power House on 10psi with the SCT. He put down 400whp and 405wtq before the supercharger belt broke and had to have it towed home. He said the tuner said that they might could have got alittle more power out of it but it had a good tune on it and they were good to go when they get another belt. Anyways long story short we did about 6 different runs from a 40 roll. The first run I pulled a car through 2nd then missed 3nd and he came up to my passenger door by the time I got it in gear then I pulled about 3 or more cars on him through 3rd then let out. The second run we take off and he misses 3rd, and then again on the 3rd run, and on the 4th and 5th runs also he must be trying really hard or something. Well the 6th run he finally hit all gears right and I pulled on him pretty easy. He says he is going to up the boost and get retuned and put it on me the next time. Anyway I had a ball running him and thought I would share it with you guys. He claims he is going to up it from 10psi to about 15/16psi. I dont know much about those superchargers but what kind of a power gain should he get by upping the boost that much?

Motivation
07-16-2009, 05:43 PM
The GT stock motor or built internals? I am guessing stock with the dyno numbers. You should tell him he should have went twin turbos... :ninja:

oleblue
07-16-2009, 05:53 PM
The GT stock motor or built internals? I am guessing stock with the dyno numbers. You should tell him he should have went twin turbos... :ninja:

It is a stock motor with just the bolt-ons. He said he could not pass up the deal on the supercharger so he went with it.

SmackedInATL
07-16-2009, 08:30 PM
One of my friends just got a Vortech supercharger put on his 2001 Mustang GT and had it dyno tuned at Modular Power House on 10psi with the SCT. He put down 400whp and 405wtq before the supercharger belt broke and had to have it towed home. He said the tuner said that they might could have got alittle more power out of it but it had a good tune on it and they were good to go when they get another belt. Anyways long story short we did about 6 different runs from a 40 roll. The first run I pulled a car through 2nd then missed 3nd and he came up to my passenger door by the time I got it in gear then I pulled about 3 or more cars on him through 3rd then let out. The second run we take off and he misses 3rd, and then again on the 3rd run, and on the 4th and 5th runs also he must be trying really hard or something. Well the 6th run he finally hit all gears right and I literally put bus lengths on him. He was so pissed about it cause we have always been kinda rivals when I had my stock turbo but since I have had the big turbo on he has not even ever ran close to me and I guess he thought he was going to do something this time. He says he is going to up the boost and get retuned and put it on me the next time. Anyway I had a ball running him and thought I would share it with you guys. He claims he is going to up it from 10psi to about 15/16psi. I dont know much about those superchargers but what kind of a power gain should he get by upping the boost that much?

I bet he'd put some lengths on you from a dig if he could shift the damn thing!

Just playin man, good kill on the ol mudstain.

onebadgt
07-16-2009, 08:33 PM
hes an idiot if he even made the remark he will up the boost to that. a 2v gt will not handle more than like 430rwhp on stock internals for long. ive seen a couple around 450rwhp but most blow soon after. if his car could handle 15#s he would be in the 500rwhp area, but it wont so dont worry. what kind of pwr are you running. sounds like you need to run a 4v stang. like mine for instance??? lol

oleblue
07-16-2009, 09:52 PM
hes an idiot if he even made the remark he will up the boost to that. a 2v gt will not handle more than like 430rwhp on stock internals for long. ive seen a couple around 450rwhp but most blow soon after. if his car could handle 15#s he would be in the 500rwhp area, but it wont so dont worry. what kind of pwr are you running. sounds like you need to run a 4v stang. like mine for instance??? lol

My last dyno was 386whp but I dont know what it is now i've changed the tuning from a dtec fc to a diablosport predator and have not had it tuned yet. I just found a couple of big boost leaks on the car also and I fixed one of them and it picked me up a little maybe when I fix the other one it will pick me up even more. It does feel good though it feels like it would be over 400whp now. I'll be sure to tell my friend not to up the boost unless he wants another engine.:goodjob:

oleblue
07-16-2009, 09:54 PM
I bet he'd put some lengths on you from a dig if he could shift the damn thing!

Just playin man, good kill on the ol mudstain.

Thanks man, it was fun.

WTF?
07-16-2009, 10:02 PM
nice kill man

oleblue
07-16-2009, 10:13 PM
^:goodjob:

SmackedInATL
07-17-2009, 07:52 AM
Olblue you planning on coming out tonight?

Evolunchbox
07-17-2009, 08:42 AM
Good kill!

What's going on tonight?

onebadgt
07-17-2009, 08:55 AM
My last dyno was 386whp but I dont know what it is now i've changed the tuning from a dtec fc to a diablosport predator and have not had it tuned yet. I just found a couple of big boost leaks on the car also and I fixed one of them and it picked me up a little maybe when I fix the other one it will pick me up even more. It does feel good though it feels like it would be over 400whp now. I'll be sure to tell my friend not to up the boost unless he wants another engine.:goodjob:

heck ya man that makes for a quick highway car in a light weigh srt. as for telling him dont worry. if he walks into mph and tells tim he wants to up the boost, they will prob just laugh him out the door lol. but great kill tho!

SmackedInATL
07-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Good kill!

What's going on tonight?

I don't know, but I want to get out and race some cars somewhere. I'm open to suggestions.

If nothing happens I'll most like hit Barrett for a lil while.

btstone
07-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Good kill!

What's going on tonight?

i would be down for getting out late tonight

Jason..
07-17-2009, 09:50 AM
i would be down for getting out late tonightHi

onebadgt
07-17-2009, 09:56 AM
i cant make it 2nite but will prob be out 2marrow!

btstone
07-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Hi

hello

oleblue
07-17-2009, 12:57 PM

No i'm to broke to get out tonight. I have to tighten up my turbo downpipe anyway before I drive it anywere two bolts fell out on the freeway yesterday so it has a bad exhaust leak. Sounds like a damn airplain going down the road.lol

onebadgt
07-17-2009, 01:03 PM
haha remids me of my old srt. i had a boost leak on the bov flange and if i would get under boost it sounded like a refs whistle coming from under my hood , or like i had a 88mm turbo lol

oleblue
07-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Yea boost leaks suck and can really kill the power on a boosted car. I have an HKS bov on mine and it's leaking from the screw on the back were you adjust the softness or hardness of the blowoff. Maybe when I get that leak fixed it will give me even more power.

onebadgt
07-17-2009, 01:30 PM
mine was the greddy rs. i was losing like 7-8 lbs so prob at least 50-70 hp. i changed to the turbo xs

oleblue
07-17-2009, 01:51 PM
When we did the leak test on mine it would not go above 13psi it was leaking so bad. We found two leaks a crack in the intercooler pipe and the bov and there is probly more just could not hear cause the intercooler pipe leak was so loud with the air coming out. I fixed the intercooler pipe and i'm going to try wraping some tethlon tape around that screw on the bov and put it back in and see if that will stop it from leaking.

ueyedgr8tness
07-19-2009, 10:23 AM
your boy willl def need to turn down the boost onthat charger other wise he will be sitting in the shop like the 1 thats sitting beside my hatch waiting for another motor lol!! also brian u need to come to the shop and check out the termi sittting here with the bellls and whistles of a cadi :)

Drummerboy
07-20-2009, 02:13 AM
mine was the greddy rs. i was losing like 7-8 lbs so prob at least 50-70 hp. i changed to the turbo xs

ive got the Turbonetics Raptor bov. It sounds amazing, but a few weeks ago the O ring around the piston/valve crapped up and was holding it partially open. I used some rtv and took the O ring off, but it still has a leak.

Then when i was putting everything back together after changing my Alternator, i put the 2 vac lines on the wrong sides of the Wastegate. First time hammering it going down the road, i backfired through my intake...
I now use 1 black line, 1 blue for the wastegate so that wont happen again.

blown_ss
07-21-2009, 07:32 AM
hey oleblue what mods do you have?

oleblue
07-21-2009, 12:05 PM
hey oleblue what mods do you have?

Precision dbb 60-1 turbo upgrade,750's,Diablosport predator and all supporting mods.

blown_ss
07-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Precision dbb 60-1 turbo upgrade,750's,Diablosport predator and all supporting mods.

sounds nice. when you get the right tune from that diablo you should be well over 400. you can make over 500 with that turbo.

onebadgt
07-21-2009, 12:45 PM
sounds nice. when you get the right tune from that diablo you should be well over 400. you can make over 500 with that turbo.

ya but not with the stock internals. some good tuning and you could prob run around safely in the 420-440whp. which is like 600 in a cobra lol

all_american_gurl09
07-21-2009, 02:31 PM
nice kill

oleblue
07-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Yea all I want is 400whp and when I get to that mark i'm not gonna push it past it. All I want is 400 and a really good tune and i'll be happy. I think it is 400whp now but just not that great of a tune but it's not far off. It want take much to get it just right imo.

bambooi
07-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Hi
What movies is that from in your picture profile? I seen it, but I forgot...

Turbd4DE
07-21-2009, 05:42 PM
Nice kill man... Even though I still love me some stangs!!!