PDA

View Full Version : Suomy helmets

AnthonyF
07-16-2009, 11:22 AM
I am really digging there helmets. Any local places have these helmets? I was thinking of going to CycleGear to see what they have. I've never been there. I would order one over the net but i've never tried one on so I dont know my helmet.

Sooner I buy one, sooner my Icon Search & Destroy helmet will be for sale for some1. :goodjob::goodjob:

WHICH ONE DO U LIKE?
1. Bostrom
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/TRYMY40/Suomy01.jpg
2. Gambler
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/TRYMY40/suomy02.jpg

-Ant.

C-loS109
07-16-2009, 11:23 AM
cyclegear has a good selection of everything.

03RCode
07-16-2009, 11:23 AM
I've worn my buddies a few times... VERY VERY comfortable, seems well vented as well, with no noticeable whistle at any speeds. He's had his for probably a year or so now and loves it.

aaronfelipe
07-16-2009, 11:26 AM
wtf man stop spending money you freak

David88vert
07-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Suomy's run one size smaller than most others. You definitely want to try one on first to make certain that it fits well. The finish on them are second-to-none and I am very happy with mine. Only problem is the coating on the iridium visor peals off if it gets well. Obviously, that is not a problem on the smoked and clear visors.
Switching visors is a pain on the Suomys. Similar to Arai.

AnthonyF
07-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Aaron-you shut your mouth puto. :P I love you.

David-thanks bro. Always a ton of help. :goodjob: I'm a XS in Icon. hahaha.

-Ant.

Tech5
07-16-2009, 12:56 PM
wtf man stop spending money you freak:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Ant is a freak!!!! freak of nature!

03RCode
07-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Aaron-you shut your mouth puto. :P I love you.

David-thanks bro. Always a ton of help. :goodjob: I'm a XS in Icon. hahaha.

-Ant.

I hear that isn't the only place you're an XS :lmfao:

i keed i keed.

AnthonyF
07-16-2009, 01:13 PM
DAMN YOU ALL!!!!!!!! Except David. lol.

+32 all around

-Ant.

AnthonyF
07-16-2009, 02:24 PM
BUMP, i need idears.

-Ant.

David88vert
07-16-2009, 03:26 PM
BTW - I have the Gambler, so don't get that one. Get the Cathedral.
http://www.bikebandit.com/assets/product_images/07SuomySpec1RExtremeFBkLG.gif

AnthonyF
07-16-2009, 03:36 PM
AHAHAH fuk u david. that's what I'M getting!

I don't care for the cathedral too much. I am looking for something with a lot of blue in it with some yellow or white.

-Ant.

toxxxic
07-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Not many places carry Suomy just because they're so expensive.

Go to cycle specialty off the Riverdale exit. They cut my friend a deal when he ordered his. Took it from 700 down to about 500 ..... I also ordered my iicon one there. They cut me a good deal on that one too :)

toxxxic
07-16-2009, 03:41 PM
I think WOW or Motions might carry some styles -- I DONT think that Cycle Gear carrys them tho - I know they don't carry Icon... cycle gear pretty much sucks :(

AnthonyF
07-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Toxxxic-WOW doesn't carry any of them. :( I've never been to CG. But WOW has a TON of Arai, Shoei and Icon.

They really arent that expensive compared to Arai and Shoei. Those are both 600-900 bucks. The Suomy's i'm looking at are 350 (discounted price)

-Ant.

Hondatwin23
07-16-2009, 06:05 PM
xs>>>>someone has a voodoo head
j/k

toxxxic
07-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Toxxxic-WOW doesn't carry any of them. :( I've never been to CG. But WOW has a TON of Arai, Shoei and Icon.

They really arent that expensive compared to Arai and Shoei. Those are both 600-900 bucks. The Suomy's i'm looking at are 350 (discounted price)

-Ant.

Eh. Check out the Dark City helmet as well. My ex boyfriends got that one - it is GORGEOUS and weighs NOTHING :)

Maybe I'm thinking of Motions that carrys Suomy then. Meh, idk!

AnthonyF
07-16-2009, 07:38 PM
Hmm, last time I went there I wasn't in the mood to buy a helmet. I will check there this weekend. Appreciate it. :goodjob:

-Ant.

BLK JDM
07-16-2009, 08:03 PM
I love my Suomy Gambler 2 or Goorbergh!! It's very hard to find Suomy's to try on. I know WOW Motorcycles used to have a couple to try on. Generally Arai's and Suomy share the same head size. Also you can change the padding to adjust the size. The XS, S, & M all share the same outer core. Then the other larger sizes share that outer core.

You won't be dissapointed w/ Suomy. I absolutely love mine.

AnthonyF
07-17-2009, 07:49 AM
I think I found the one I want.

Suomy Atlantic City :goodjob:
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/TRYMY40/SUOMY_VANDAL_SLOT_MACHINE_2009_HELM.jpg

-Ant.

Brooks
07-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Ant, you need to head up to North Gerogia Motorsports. talk to a guy named brandon and he will take care of you. i went up there to try on the Suomy's b/c no one else stocks them. he has a bad a$$ Spec 1r extreme that you will buy on the spot once he gives you the price. hes tryin to eleminate stock and is selling them all at cost. i ended up picking up my new ARAI rx7 tommy hayden replica for 399( list is 719). tell him Brooks sent ya.

if you go 85 north to the exit that leads you to Road Atlanta but turn right, to the left is cycle nation, go down a few miles and they are on the left. cant miss it.....

AnthonyF
07-22-2009, 02:14 PM
^I think I just saw his listing on CL. He is in Braselton correct?

-Ant.

Brooks
07-22-2009, 02:40 PM
correct. i bought that Tommy Gun Arai..

BLK JDM
07-22-2009, 05:09 PM
I think I found the one I want.

Suomy Atlantic City :goodjob:
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/TRYMY40/SUOMY_VANDAL_SLOT_MACHINE_2009_HELM.jpg

-Ant.

YOU CANNOT BUY THAT HELMET!!! WHY??? BECAUSE THAT'S THE SUOMY I OWN!! It's also known as the Suomy Gambler 2 or Van den Goorbergh. Please don't buy that helmet. I love being the only one w/ this helmet!! Don't do it!! Say it aint So!!

JDM-95-Hatch
07-22-2009, 06:06 PM
that atlantic city looks bad ass but if you are going to go with a suomy it is well worth it to spend a little more and get the spec1r vs. the vandal helmet, they are practically weightless, no wind drag and the padding is like memory foam with suede, very comfortable

AnthonyF
07-22-2009, 07:11 PM
blk jdm- lulz aight bro. I prob wont get it due to the fact of it not having the lens covers on the side. It is a VERY sexy helmet. I want to see one in real life, so that means you need to get out and lemme know where you be! :goodjob:

thanks for all the info fellas. I went to cycle gear and they didn't have any in stock. :( I was just up in braselton last weekend too. FCUK!

-Ant.

Brooks
07-22-2009, 08:10 PM
cycle gear dosent stock Suomy's(i opened that store when they came GA) go talk to Brandon at NGM

browningboy7
07-22-2009, 08:25 PM
cycle gear dosent stock Suomy's(i opened that store when they came GA) go talk to Brandon at NGM

Do you know Gary Hall?

/Threadjack

rickgiblin
07-25-2009, 07:50 AM
hey ant... you didnt know Northeast georgia kawai stocked suomy.... when erinn worked there her and keith made the call to stock them. now that there both gone, doug wants to let go of the line so everything is being sold at cost. shit, you use to live just down the road from the shop. you should know where it is

Princess12
07-25-2009, 08:18 AM
To add to what Brooks and Rick said, Northeast Georgia Motorsports off of Hwy 53 in Hoschton still carries some Suomy helmets. I used to be the Parts Manager there, and I stocked Suomy pretty heavy. There may not be many on the floor now, but the account is still open, and they can order them. Brandon Reed is the new parts manager there now, and he is a great guy and a close friend of mine. Short little red headed guy, but he knows his stuff. (Only downfall, he isn't a big supporter of Suomy. ;) ) I also believe, but I may be mistaken, that Cycle Nation in Braselton has an account with Suomy as well.

I can vouch for their helmets. They are incredibly comfortable, and after going through training with Suomy and learning about their product, it will be the only helmet I ever wear. Very impressive! If you go looking for them, a lot of people will try and push you into an Arai or Shoei because Suomy helmets are not Snell Approved. They are BSI certified which is a much more rigorous European testing procedure involving a batch certification process. Please do not let this deter you from purchasing one. Do a little research on the BSI certification process, and compare it to Snell. Snell "approves" a lot of helmets, and nothing against their approval processes, but my personal preferences as far as safety is with BSI and Suomy.

Donati03gt
07-25-2009, 08:23 AM
^^ that one is baller i want it

o i need a bike first

BLK JDM
07-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Luckily I got my helmet when it came in the Spec-1r model. Mine has the visor covers and the air vents are molded in and painted the same as the helmet. Suomy has brought that helmet is all the models now w/ the Atlantic City. It was the Van den Goorbergh then the Gambler 2. But those models were in the Extreme then the Spec-1r. I don't know why they have the Atlantic City in the Vandal model. Not worth it to me.