PDA

View Full Version : Any one ever had Gout?

YoTa_BoX
07-16-2009, 07:09 AM
Im not sure what the fuck is going on with my foot, but ever sense yesterday the heel of my right foot has been in intense pain.

I can move my foot forward and the pain kinda subsides a little but as soon as i put any type of pressure on it, it hurts like hell. Iv not done anything to hurt my foot at all like stepping on anything exe...

Iv asked around ppl i know and they said it might be gout...but i did a search about it and the symptoms of gout don't seem the same other than the pain.

Best way to describe the pain is if you had been standing on a hard surface all day long and your feet start to hurt really bad in your bones. Its the heel bone and it just hurts like shit. I had to hobble into work today on one leg and that sucked.

Any one els ever experience anything like this b4?

oneSLOWex
07-16-2009, 07:11 AM
Might wanna go to the doc and get that checked out...

punkr6
07-16-2009, 07:20 AM
go to the doctor, If its Gout your fucked. and don't drink any alcohol either, it makes it flare up. i know a couple guys at work with it. It could also be bone spurs. Get that looked at asap...

SPOOLIN
07-16-2009, 07:37 AM
i think pork makes gout sprout....or maybe any beef or pork.

pinoyboy
07-16-2009, 07:41 AM
My dad had gout in is forearm, he was not very happy for almost 3 weeks. He was told it was some type of acid buildup from what he ate?

Good luck getting it checked out, having it in your foot sounds like it would be the worst place to have it.

YoTa_BoX
07-16-2009, 07:43 AM
Ya i was reading..Eating to much fatty meat can cause gout, which i do eat way to damn much :S

The weird thing is other than pain i dont have any other symptoms of gout. My foot is not swelling im not running a fever its not turning purple around the area. It just.....Hurts

its in one specific spot on my foot to, Right on the heel bone..like dead in the middle. i can press all around my heel with my fingers and not feel a thing but as soon as i press on that one spot Bam hurts like shit.

punkr6
07-16-2009, 07:45 AM
Ya i was reading..Eating to much fatty meat can cause gout, which i do eat way to damn much :S

The weird thing is other than pain i dont have any other symptoms of gout. My foot is not swelling im not running a fever its not turning purple around the area. It just.....Hurts

its in one specific spot on my foot to, Right on the heel bone..like dead in the middle. i can press all around my heel with my fingers and not feel a thing but as soon as i press on that one spot Bam hurts like shit.

sounds more like a Bone Spur..

all_american_gurl09
07-16-2009, 07:50 AM
my dad and mamaw had it in their feet and you will need to go to the doctor to get medician for it. it usually reacts to drinking, certian hotdogs, any type of fish. i hope you get better though

YoTa_BoX
07-16-2009, 07:50 AM
sounds more like a Bone Spur..

Yes but Bone spurs are produced from the body healing a part of your body and over does it with the reformation of the bone. Iv never had an injury on the heel of my foot.

Im not really sure if bone spurs just happen out of no where. But i may be wrong.

*edit* thanks for the feedback also

TheGodfather
07-16-2009, 08:25 AM
Bobby Hill had it.

Real talk.

Red_Phoenix
07-16-2009, 08:59 AM
do you stand on concrete all day?

YoTa_BoX
07-16-2009, 09:03 AM
no..thats the thing, most of the day i sit at a computer. Im the office manager at my shop.

T.C.
07-16-2009, 10:08 AM
I have had an attack of gout 3x this year since march. If you feel like you broke your foot, swelling, cold sweats, the shakes, and want to punch a baby its probably gout. Only gout usually happens in the joints caused from a buildup of uric acid and its also a form of arthritis. Go to a Pediatrist and tell him whats going on with your foot and , "walla", you will be diagnosed with something.

BTW: my first attack of gout was brought on by jumping on a moonbounce for hours with my daughter for her birthday. I woke up the next morning and thought that I had maybe sprained my big toe. Then by the end of the night i couldnt walk on my foot and it felt like a hot needle was being stabbed repeatedly into my foot.

Donati03gt
07-16-2009, 10:13 AM
dad gets it all the time , they give you a steroid to take care of it normally gone in about a days worth of medicine, stay away from high protein alcohol red meat peanuts. ect. hope it gets better.

YoTa_BoX
07-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Appreciate it guys, I took some Ibuprofen and the pain has gone away, it still painful to put pressure on it but just sitting there it feels ok.

I cant leave the shop till this afternoon but i might have it checked out later on today. until then i just kinda have to deal with the pain :S

C-loS109
07-16-2009, 10:57 AM
my dad suffers from gout on his big toe. redness happens, no fever or anything else. just alot of pain. he gets it from eating steak and sea food.

go to the store and get yourself aleve, it works wonders according to my dad, also, eat alot of berries and drink berry juice. u know, strawberry, raspberry etc. it should help.

i personally dont think its gout since it should only happen in joints, its the crystalization of something inside the joint, i cant remember.

but hope u get better man

Spectic Tank
07-16-2009, 11:16 AM
I had 'Sever's Disease" when I was younger. It usually effects younger kids, but it looks like this fits your symptoms. Checkit out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sever's_disease

JJSPEC Racing
07-16-2009, 03:01 PM
This is evil goat....im working at the shop today....

i have had gout for close to 6 years now, take medicine twice daily to keep my uric acid levels down so i dont have to experience the unpleasentness that is gout

ive had it as easy as it being mild to full on swelling, redness, unbreable pain to the point where i litterally cant walk.

gout, iirc, is a form of arthiritis and only occurrs in joints and is caused b/c of your bodies inefficiency to remove uric acid from your blood stream. in the feet it is more prevelant in the toes and ankles, it is caused from eating foods that are rich in purines and drinking too much alcohol which can cause hyperuricemia which interferes with the bodies ability to remove uric acids

go to the doctor, its the easiest way to find out what it is, treat it, and prevent it in the future....i lived with it not knowing what it was and why my foot hurt off and on for close to a year, since then ive tried several different daily medicines and have finally found one that allows me to eat and drink pretty much whatever i want without worry

speedminded
07-28-2009, 10:57 AM
These are the items high in purine that lead to Gout, looks like nobody is safe lol!

Foods with very high purine levels(up to 1,000 mg per 3.5 ounce serving):
Anchovies, Brains, Gravies, Kidneys,Liver, Sardines, Sweetbreads

Foods with high and moderately high purine levels(5-100 mg per 3.5 ounch serving):
Asparagus, Bacon, Beef, Bluefish, Bouillon, Calf tongue, Carp, Cauliflower, Chicken, Chicken soup, Codfish, Crab, Duck, Goose, Halibut, Ham, Kidney beans, Lamb, Lentils, Lima beans, Lobster, Mushrooms, Mutton, Navy beans, Oatmeal, Oysters, Peas, Perch, Pork, Rabbit, Salmon, Sheep, Shellfish, Snapper, Spinach, Tripe, Trout, Tuna, Turkey, Veal, Venison

Alcohol consumption does not lead to Gout, beer and ethanol (grain alcohol) consumption does...the only two drinks high in purines.

YoTa_BoX
07-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Well i was told by a doctor to eat lots of cherries and drink cherry juice like it was going out of style. So that same day i went and got a 2lbs bag of black cherries and some cherry juice and i downed it all in about an hour lol. 24 hours later the pain was almost all gone :D Im still experiencing a little bit of pain though... so more cherries!!!

speedminded
07-28-2009, 11:39 AM
Well i was told by a doctor to eat lots of cherries and drink cherry juice like it was going out of style. So that same day i went and got a 2lbs bag of black cherries and some cherry juice and i downed it all in about an hour lol. 24 hours later the pain was almost all gone :D Im still experiencing a little bit of pain though... so more cherries!!!A wide variety of foods is always good. Someone who eats the same limited food or meals over and over are bound to have health issues of some sort. :goodjob:

Kevykev
07-28-2009, 02:34 PM
Damn this shit is more serious than i though.

Hope the pain eases man!

YoTa_BoX
07-28-2009, 03:20 PM
A wide variety of foods is always good. Someone who eats the same limited food or meals over and over are bound to have health issues of some sort. :goodjob:

Ya i hear ya man. Iv been working at the shop like 14 hour days 6 days a week and the only thing iv been eating is fast food, and thats what caused me to get it :S

iv been trying to eat healthier foods though. Its crazy how you take something for granted like walking on 2 legs. Just going through what i did for 3 days was misery. Iv got a friend who had to have his leg amputated, The day i could walk again i drove over to his house and gave him a hug and said you win lol

Echonova
07-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Plantar Fasciitis
Symptoms
Treatments
Rehabilitation
When your first few steps out of bed in the morning cause severe pain in the heel of your foot, you may have plantar fasciitis (fashee-EYE-tiss). It's an overuse injury affecting the sole or flexor surface (plantar) of the foot. A diagnosis of plantar fasciitis means you have inflamed the tough, fibrous band of tissue (fascia) connecting your heel bone to the base of your toes.
Symptoms

You're more likely to get the condition if you're a woman, if you're overweight, or if you have a job that requires a lot of walking or standing on hard surfaces. You're also at risk if you walk or run for exercise, especially if you have tight calf muscles that limit how far you can flex your ankles. People with very flat feet or very high arches are also more prone to plantar fasciitis.

The condition starts gradually with mild pain at the heel bone often referred to as a stone bruise. You're more likely to feel it after (not during) exercise. The pain classically occurs again after arising from a midday lunch break.

If you don't treat plantar fasciitis, it may become a chronic condition. You may not be able to keep up your level of activity and you may also develop symptoms of foot, knee, hip and back problems because of the way plantar fasciitis changes the way you walk.

Rest is the first treatment for plantar fasciitis. Try to keep weight off your foot until the inflammation goes away. You can also apply ice to the sore area for 20 minutes three or four times a day to relieve your symptoms. Often a doctor will prescribe nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medication such as ibuprofen.
Exercises

A program of home exercises to stretch your Achilles tendon and plantar fascia are the mainstay of treating the condition and lessening the chance of recurrence.

In one exercise, you lean forward against a wall with one knee straight and heel on the ground. Your other knee is bent. Your heel cord and foot arch stretch as you lean. Hold for 10 seconds, relax and straighten up. Repeat 20 times for each sore heel.

In the second exercise, you lean forward onto a countertop, spreading your feet apart with one foot in front of the other. Flex your knees and squat down, keeping your heels on the ground as long as possible. Your heel cords and foot arches will stretch as the heels come up in the stretch. Hold for 10 seconds, relax and straighten up. Repeat 20 times.

Rehabilitation

About 90 percent of people with plantar fasciitis improve significantly after two months of initial treatment. You may be advised to use shoes with shock-absorbing soles or fitted with a standard orthotic device like a rubber heel pad. Your foot may be taped into a specific position.

If your plantar fasciitis continues after a few months of conservative treatment, your doctor may inject your heel with steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (corticosteroid). If you still have symptoms, you may need to wear a walking cast for two to three weeks or positional splint when you sleep. In a few cases, you might need surgery to release your ligament.

Echonova
07-28-2009, 04:51 PM
^^^ I had a severe case of this and had to get corticosteroid shots for a month.

Also try taking and water bottle about 3/4 full and freeze it. Once frozen, while sitting roll your foot back and forth across it for a while. It helps if this is what it is.