PDA

View Full Version : Fuck;n Wachovia

scabtastic
07-16-2009, 02:02 AM
so today I get my unemployment checks and go cash them at wachovia, i receive my money and continue on with my errands. I first go get my emissions done on my car, pay the man and he looks at me and says "you know i have to report you right?"...i said "excuse me?" He explains that the 20 i gave him was a fake, and calls the police. He then tells me he cant hold me at the emissions place, but the police are on there way. I have nothing to hide so I stay and wait.

the officer arrives on the scene and asks "where did you get this 20 from?" I told him i just came from the bank right before i got my emissions done, he looks at me like im lying and asks if i have a receipt from the bank....i dont.
so he asks me again "where did you get the money from?" i tell the officer i was not lying and if he would like he can take me back to the bank so we can talk to them.

so we go on a ride and get to the bank...i called my mother and told her what happened and she met us up there. we walk in the bank and the officer tells the manager that i said i got a fake 20 from them and wanted to see if i was actually at the bank at the time i told him....my story check out, he then starts interrogating the teller manager asking why they didnt catch that since there machines are suppose to catch that, and why the teller didnt catch it when she counted the money.

so since my story was legit the officer takes me back to my car and has me down as a victim on the report

why wachovia has really upset me, they didnt take the blame for it, i didnt get exchanged a 20, and it may not be much, but im 20 years old collecting unemployment, and moneys money....she told me she was not exchanging my money because once i leave the property they have no way of knowing that if it was actually theres which is a fine reason.....i however know it was theres because i have been dead broke for nearly 3 weeks now and have no money in my accounts...

cliff notes:

cash checks and receive a fake 20, try to use it for emissions, cop comes and checks my alibi...i get let go, but im not exchanged 20's because wachovia doesnt want to help there customers and not take the blame.

Catnip
07-16-2009, 02:20 AM
Blow up the bank :)

scabtastic
07-16-2009, 02:28 AM
you know, im gonna go up there to cash my next check in the busiest part of the day, get it in all ones with a counterfeit pen, and start making away at the counter

Z0_o6
07-16-2009, 02:39 AM
Next time you go in there to cash a check (especially if it's a larger check like around $500 or so, through multiple checks or whatever) I would ask for it all in 10's or 20's (any small bills so there are a lot of them) and when they hand you the envelope look at it thoughtfully for a second as if you just remembered something. Hand them the money back and say "Last time you cashed a check for me I received a fake bill, so I'm going to need you to verify EVERY ONE of these bills to ensure to me they aren't counterfeit." They will HAVE to double check them all, which doesn't take forever, but it's still a hassle. After they are finished, remove each bill from the envelope (while still with the teller) and check the watermarks and security threads by holding the bills up to the light. Feel free to ask them to use the little marker that shows fake bills. Do this on a Friday around 12pm-1pm and trust me, you will get the point across.

Slow Motion
07-16-2009, 02:45 AM
Next time you go in there to cash a check (especially if it's a larger check like around $500 or so, through multiple checks or whatever) I would ask for it all in 10's or 20's (any small bills so there are a lot of them) and when they hand you the envelope look at it thoughtfully for a second as if you just remembered something. Hand them the money back and say "Last time you cashed a check for me I received a fake bill, so I'm going to need you to verify EVERY ONE of these bills to ensure to me they aren't counterfeit." They will HAVE to double check them all, which doesn't take forever, but it's still a hassle. After they are finished, remove each bill from the envelope (while still with the teller) and check the watermarks and security threads by holding the bills up to the light. Feel free to ask them to use the little marker that shows fake bills. Do this on a Friday around 12pm-1pm and trust me, you will get the point across.

LoL...it sounds like it would piss them off.

E=MC˛
07-16-2009, 05:54 AM

you know the mans got a point. a lot of people do and do not have direct deposit. during lunch on friday many people are trying to get their money straight for all their bills coming up or to get their party on. catch them then and they will know you not joking from then on. the only thing i would be careful about is how much you piss off the garbage man standing next in line. you know his lunch is in the truck.

it really sucks for that to happen when money is tight like it is. when its bad, its really bad.

Elbow
07-16-2009, 06:22 AM
Wachovia sucks, they are all cheap scum bags.

David88vert
07-16-2009, 07:09 AM
Call Customer Service, and let them know that you will now have to verify each bill every Friday when you cash your check - since you feel they are ripping you off. If they are smart, they will put $20 into your account. If not, then by all means - verify each bill they hand you.

Captain-Obvious™
07-16-2009, 07:20 AM
Call Customer Service, and let them know that you will now have to verify each bill every Friday when you cash your check - since you feel they are ripping you off. If they are smart, they will put $20 into your account. If not, then by all means - verify each bill they hand you.

This seems to be the best course of action.

Tc_Jenn
07-16-2009, 05:24 PM
well the whole thing Identy_Crisis said would piss them off...but what would piss them off more is if you did all of that in the drive through. I would know cause I work at a bank. & since thats not where I work I dont care haha

But honestly she probably noticed it was fake and if she couldnt remember who had given it to her it would have to fall back on her and then she would be out of balance. So she probably gave it out on purpose. just a thought...

umairejaz
07-16-2009, 05:36 PM
How obvious was the fake note?

Jimmy B
07-16-2009, 05:58 PM
sux,.. get a job and stop having us pay for you..

Elbow
07-16-2009, 06:18 PM
sux,.. get a job and stop having us pay for you..

Yeah that's easy to do right now. You pay for me too. :boobies: I love not working and spending every dime on expensive dinners. :goodjob:

IMPORTchic
07-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Wachovia sucks. Bottom line. Credit Unions FTW.

Tech_Queen
07-16-2009, 06:48 PM
That sucks man. I completely agree with you on the part about being upset because they didn't take the blame. In my opinion the teller who didn't catch that it was a fake should have to pay the 20 dollars back to you, but I can understand that tellers don't always have time to check and they do get busy.

eraser4g63
07-16-2009, 07:14 PM
I did something similar to my old bank except I got $100 in pennies and went out side and busted all the rolls into a gallon freezer bag and said i needed it converted to cash, they were not happy because they had to count all of them. I later got kicked out of the same bank for calling the manager a poll smoker at mid day on a friday in the lobby cause he called me a lier. FUCK WACHOVIA

MR. 200SX
07-16-2009, 07:49 PM
I'm a wachovia customer and I'm starting to get pissed at them. They always give me shit whenever I want to deposit or cash a check. Bank of America ain't any better but they don't give me hell atleast.

eraser4g63
07-16-2009, 07:54 PM
I joined a Credit union, Cant beat em.

uproot
07-16-2009, 07:55 PM
https://www.adbusters.org/files/imagecache/lead_image/posts/lead_images/blf-main.jpg

Catnip
07-16-2009, 08:32 PM
CB&T has been great. No problems with anything.

But yea, credit unions FTW.

teh bri
07-16-2009, 09:16 PM
so today I get my unemployment checks and go cash them at wachovia, i receive my money and continue on with my errands. I first go get my emissions done on my car, pay the man and he looks at me and says "you know i have to report you right?"...i said "excuse me?" He explains that the 20 i gave him was a fake, and calls the police. He then tells me he cant hold me at the emissions place, but the police are on there way. I have nothing to hide so I stay and wait.

the officer arrives on the scene and asks "where did you get this 20 from?" I told him i just came from the bank right before i got my emissions done, he looks at me like im lying and asks if i have a receipt from the bank....i dont.
so he asks me again "where did you get the money from?" i tell the officer i was not lying and if he would like he can take me back to the bank so we can talk to them.

so we go on a ride and get to the bank...i called my mother and told her what happened and she met us up there. we walk in the bank and the officer tells the manager that i said i got a fake 20 from them and wanted to see if i was actually at the bank at the time i told him....my story check out, he then starts interrogating the teller manager asking why they didnt catch that since there machines are suppose to catch that, and why the teller didnt catch it when she counted the money.

so since my story was legit the officer takes me back to my car and has me down as a victim on the report

why wachovia has really upset me, they didnt take the blame for it, i didnt get exchanged a 20, and it may not be much, but im 20 years old collecting unemployment, and moneys money....she told me she was not exchanging my money because once i leave the property they have no way of knowing that if it was actually theres which is a fine reason.....i however know it was theres because i have been dead broke for nearly 3 weeks now and have no money in my accounts...

cliff notes:

cash checks and receive a fake 20, try to use it for emissions, cop comes and checks my alibi...i get let go, but im not exchanged 20's because wachovia doesnt want to help there customers and not take the blame.

:lmfao: Cody, im not going to lie.. When you called and told me this.. I never laughed sooo hard.. You made my day! :lmfao:

Evil Goat
07-17-2009, 07:08 AM
Bottom line. Credit Unions FTW.

truth. i've dealt with bank of america and bb&t (both were employee accounts, which i wasnt an employee, my wife worked for BOA for a very short time and my mom's insurance company was bought out by bb&t several years ago), both were ok, but neither were near as easy to deal with, as helpful, and treated me better than my credit union, i'll never go back to a banking institution again

ShooterMcGavin
07-17-2009, 08:14 AM
wow, you're pretty unlucky yo =/