PDA

View Full Version : Movies/TV G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra

Turbo Terrance
07-15-2009, 09:45 PM
This shit looks pretty good from the trailers ive seen... i most def gonna see it... :goodjob: and it looks like Marlon Wayans had to bulk up for the role...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp83NFtWnRQ

Discuss...

Deke
07-15-2009, 09:59 PM
I'm expecting it to be horrible. No offense...

Maybe I'll be surprised though.

Barefoot
07-15-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm expecting it to be horrible. No offense...

Maybe I'll be surprised though.bad or not its still gi joe

Mchnhead2k5
07-16-2009, 01:42 AM
I've got a feeling it's going to be really really good or just plain terrible. And I'm waiting for a cameo from Sgt. Slaughter.

Boosted FC
07-16-2009, 08:22 AM
bad or not its still gi joe

QFT

ShooterMcGavin
07-17-2009, 08:53 AM
horrible or not i'm still gonna have to check it out. some of those chicks in there look hot as hail :idb:

BanginJimmy
07-17-2009, 10:08 PM
bad or not its still gi joe

from the trailers, its GI Joe in name only. The plot is completely different.

Echonova
07-17-2009, 10:57 PM
from the trailers, its GI Joe in name only. The plot is completely different.Wait... You mean they are not gonna shoot ten thousand bullets and 97 rockets and not harm a single Cobra agent like in the cartoon?

This will not stand.

Echonova
07-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Hopefully they will still have the "Knowing is half the battle" PSA at the end.

kar906
07-30-2009, 04:10 PM
must see

BanginJimmy
07-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Wait... You mean they are not gonna shoot ten thousand bullets and 97 rockets and not harm a single Cobra agent like in the cartoon?

This will not stand.

That would kinda make it like most other action movies these days woudnt it?

blackshine007
07-30-2009, 05:08 PM
I have a theory that just about every movie with Marlon Wayans in it is or has sucked. So far I haven't been wrong.

MidLifeCrisis
07-30-2009, 05:33 PM
being an extreme transformers gen 1 fan, i was at first weary and not impressed by these newer twists on the classics, but after much consideration and seeing the trailers for GI JOE, im starting to realize if these movies were direct to every detail it would be mega boring.. these new twists make it all the more exciting..

nreggie454
07-30-2009, 07:40 PM
I think it will be either really awesome or really cheesy. The more previews I see, I think it will be cheesy.

Ran
08-06-2009, 08:06 AM
This movie looks like it's going to be awful. I'll still watch it, but after the crapfest that was Transformers 2, my expectations for these adaptations has dropped significantly.

ShooterMcGavin
08-06-2009, 09:53 AM
This movie looks like it's going to be awful. I'll still watch it, but after the crapfest that was Transformers 2, my expectations for these adaptations has dropped significantly.
shouldn't you be playing that "awesome" game WoW? instead of watching all these "crappy" movies?

Paree4g63
08-07-2009, 03:14 PM
The ign.com review says its a fun film and they claim its better then Transformers 2 because it had certain feelings to a movie that transformers didnt have. :goodjob:

antiv6
08-07-2009, 03:22 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1046173/

over a thousand votes so far and 6.2/10 is the average.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gi_joe/

4.6/10 here

obviously this movie will blow

gtikid
08-08-2009, 08:11 AM
GI Joe was terrible, awful, horrendous, stupid, retarded, etc...I put it on the same level as "DareDevil". If you guys thought Transformers 2 sucked (which I loved), then you'll definitely think GI Joe is worse. They had sooooooo many cheesy ass lines, and people were walking out halfway through the movie. The only thing I could stand to look at were the 2 females in the movie, they were badass. I give it a 4 at most, and that's being kind

JITB
08-08-2009, 08:37 AM
i thought it was a good watch, was a bunch of crazy action. And alot of stuff was going on, it was almost like the cartoon, with mindless crazy action. The plot was cool, basic story easy to follow. I didnt catch too many cheesy lines, marlon waynes actually had a good role in the movie, and i usually dont like him in anything.

gtikid
08-08-2009, 08:45 AM
i thought it was a good watch, was a bunch of crazy action. And alot of stuff was going on, it was almost like the cartoon, with mindless crazy action. The plot was cool, basic story easy to follow. I didnt catch too many cheesy lines, marlon waynes actually had a good role in the movie, and i usually dont like him in anything.

Are you serious?

"You and what army?" Uhhhh are we in Elementary School? I thought Cobra was just terrible, he sounded more like the villian from Inspector Gadget than anything else. Plus there was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much CGI

Vteckidd
08-08-2009, 08:45 AM
It's so hard to pull off gi Joe I think it was prob better left as a cartoon

I may wait for blu Ray

gtikid
08-08-2009, 08:53 AM

I may wait for blu Ray

I thought it would of been really hard to pull of Transformers too but Michael Bay did a really good job at that

VIP Style
08-08-2009, 10:42 AM
i agree, i dont understand why some folks get on here trying to be so critical about a film such as this one. its a action flick, not some movie thats shooting for multiple academy awards and what not, get a grip.

JITB
08-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Are you serious?

"You and what army?" Uhhhh are we in Elementary School? I thought Cobra was just terrible, he sounded more like the villian from Inspector Gadget than anything else. Plus there was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much CGI

WHAT! man it sounded just like cobra commander, and besides cobra commander only had a few lines anway.. ;) . its a gi joe movie, man theres no way it could have been possible without cgi. I enjoyed it, i think youmay have expected too much.. i just expected a bunch of crazy action.. and a good movie to watch.

ueyedgr8tness
08-08-2009, 07:15 PM
I liked it:)

pbstarr1
08-08-2009, 08:23 PM
GI Joe was terrible, awful, horrendous, stupid, retarded, etc...I put it on the same level as "DareDevil". If you guys thought Transformers 2 sucked (which I loved), then you'll definitely think GI Joe is worse. They had sooooooo many cheesy ass lines, and people were walking out halfway through the movie. The only thing I could stand to look at were the 2 females in the movie, they were badass. I give it a 4 at most, and that's being kind

I agree:goodjob: , my wife and I really loved iron man, transformers and the hulk!! But this shit sucked ASS bad!!! The graphics was gay, and I was really looking forward to seeing this movie.

pbstarr1
08-08-2009, 08:26 PM

I may wait for blu Ray

I think it could have been done, with the crew that did transformers. But alot of the action scenes look so fake.

Julio
08-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Growing up watching the cartoons.. I knew it was going to be hard to pull it off.

But I watched it tonight and enjoyed it....

VTECking
08-09-2009, 12:46 AM
The main thing that pissed me off was when they were trying to shoot down the missles in the jet that is going like mach 6 "supposedly" the G forces from those manuvers he pulled off at that speed would literally rip him apart. And note that he wasnt wearing a G suit when he was flying either. I know its a hollywood movie but when hollywood dosn't put any commen sence into their movies it pisses me off. haha

punkr6
08-09-2009, 02:42 AM
I really enjoyed it, lots of action and special effects. Exactly what you would expect from this type of movie.

Sinfix_15
08-09-2009, 09:48 AM
i dont plan on seeing this one. Preview looked retarded.

side note to the Transformers comments. I reallt liked t1... i was extremely annoyed with how ghetto t2 was. They really ruined a good thing.

Total_Blender
08-09-2009, 10:17 AM
I'd like to see it, but I am sure that doing so would expose me to the music of Kid Rock. Yuck :upchuck:. My ears are still bleeding from all the damn Lincoln Park in the transformers movies. Bad music and action movies go together like wings and ranch dressing (something I like served with a side of something I hate).

I'll probably wait to see this and Transformers II when they come out at the dollar theater. I'm not paying more than 2 bucks to be subjected to so much product placement and shitty music. They should be paying me for watching these movies. :lmfao:

koukis14
08-09-2009, 10:28 AM
I'd like to see it, but I am sure that doing so would expose me to the music of Kid Rock. Yuck :upchuck:. My ears are still bleeding from all the damn Lincoln Park in the transformers movies. Bad music and action movies go together like wings and ranch dressing (something I like served with a side of something I hate).

I'll probably wait to see this and Transformers II when they come out at the dollar theater. I'm not paying more than 2 bucks to be subjected to so much product placement and shitty music. They should be paying me for watching these movies. :lmfao:

I have never agreed so much with something I read on a forum.:cheers:

LordZed
08-09-2009, 10:46 AM
The main thing that pissed me off was when they were trying to shoot down the missles in the jet that is going like mach 6 "supposedly" the G forces from those manuvers he pulled off at that speed would literally rip him apart. And note that he wasnt wearing a G suit when he was flying either. I know its a hollywood movie but when hollywood dosn't put any commen sence into their movies it pisses me off. haha

I have to agree. I like action and I can even deal with some far fetched stuff, but when it becomes ridiculous it just isnt believeable or fun anymore. My biggest pet peeve is that CGI has just become overly used. Do it flawless and right or dont use it at all. I cant stand going to a movie and half of it is just so fake and cartoon like that they should have just done the entire thing in CGI. Case and point, I liked Transporter #1, and #3 was decent, but #2 was just an abortion of a film complete with a flying flipping Audi that lands on it's wheels unscathed after knocking a bomb off a crane. Give me a freaking break! What happened to REAL car crashes and chases and using models like in the first three Star Wars films?? Those looked way better than any CGI crap spaceship in the last three movies.

I agree you HAVE to change some things to make it work from the transition of cartoon to live action.....but if Destro doesnt have a chrome head and Cobra Commander isnt part reptile from a freak chemical accident then it's already a loose for me :blah: (and dont fucking tell me with all the CGI BS they couldnt do a chrome head Destro! That should be the only CGI they need damnit!) /pointless rant

Maverick
08-09-2009, 12:16 PM
id like to remind all of those who complain that action movies are not realistic that they are action movies.....you are suppose to be entertained. i know that they are suppose to be action movies with realistic qualities but half the shit people do in those movies are unrealistic to begin with. go run around with 2 guns in your hands and see how accurate you are. its a movie, it takes us out of reality and gives us entertainment. just sit back and enjoyed the movie, take it for what it is and quit your bitching. now my only question is, all unrealistic shit apart, was this movie any good?

eraser4g63
08-09-2009, 12:20 PM
I honestly didn't think it was that bad.

LordZed
08-09-2009, 01:12 PM
id like to remind all of those who complain that action movies are not realistic that they are action movies.....you are suppose to be entertained. i know that they are suppose to be action movies with realistic qualities but half the shit people do in those movies are unrealistic to begin with. go run around with 2 guns in your hands and see how accurate you are. its a movie, it takes us out of reality and gives us entertainment. just sit back and enjoyed the movie, take it for what it is and quit your bitching. now my only question is, all unrealistic shit apart, was this movie any good?

And I agree, it's an action movie and ridiculous shit is going to happen. My thing is, just make it SOMEWHAT believeable. A guy jumps through the air shooting two guns, hits all the targets and comes out unscathed even though four fully automatic 50 cal. guns are shooting at him. Fine. If it looked real enough Im fine with that. The same guy has two guns, jumps through a window twenty stories while still shooting, suddenly he turns into a CGI guy and does a back flip off of a random passing by low flying plane, then lands his feet on the ground and become a real guy again.....thats the shit I cant stand. If it LOOKS REAL im ok with it, but there is just no excuse in todays techno savy world for poor CGI IMO.

cliff notes: it's the execution and quality visually of said stunt and not so much the content of the stunt itself.

Maverick
08-09-2009, 01:37 PM
And I agree, it's an action movie and ridiculous shit is going to happen. My thing is, just make it SOMEWHAT believeable. A guy jumps through the air shooting two guns, hits all the targets and comes out unscathed even though four fully automatic 50 cal. guns are shooting at him. Fine. If it looked real enough Im fine with that. The same guy has two guns, jumps through a window twenty stories while still shooting, suddenly he turns into a CGI guy and does a back flip off of a random passing by low flying plane, then lands his feet on the ground and become a real guy again.....thats the shit I cant stand. If it LOOKS REAL im ok with it, but there is just no excuse in todays techno savy world for poor CGI IMO.

cliff notes: it's the execution and quality visually of said stunt and not so much the content of the stunt itself.

agreed. poor cgi ftl.

JITB
08-09-2009, 02:03 PM

they didnt even play that kid rock song once.. :screwy:

Total_Blender
08-09-2009, 03:18 PM
they didnt even play that kid rock song once.. :screwy:

Then if that is the case I am 100000% more likely to see this in a theater. I think I'm almost over the case of ear VD I got from hearing it in the trailer. :lmfao:

BobbyFresco
08-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Then if that is the case I am 100000% more likely to see this in a theater. I think I'm almost over the case of ear VD I got from hearing it in the trailer. :lmfao:

I wonder what version of the trailer you've seen.
The only trailer I've seen has used Hollywood Undead for the background music.

LordZed
08-09-2009, 05:16 PM
I wonder what version of the trailer you've seen.
The only trailer I've seen has used Hollywood Undead for the background music.

Oh yeah they play Kid Rock....the radio spots are like thirty seconds of explosions and "American Badass" it's kinda hard to not drive straight into a tree when it comes on the radio :no:

JITB
08-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Oh yeah they play Kid Rock....the radio spots are like thirty seconds of explosions and "American Badass" it's kinda hard to not drive straight into a tree when it comes on the radio :no:

yea the radio spots do play, but there was not 1 song in the movie.. too much action goin on..to notice even if it did.

LordZed
08-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Oh yessir, just the commercials. I didnt mean in the film itself. Not disagreeing :D

Echonova
08-09-2009, 06:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNZ-rw1qHUA&feature=related

ShooterMcGavin
08-10-2009, 10:52 AM
saw it this wkend and thought it was pretty good. rachel nichols and sienna miller could both get it...at the same time :idb: :D

calmnothing
08-10-2009, 11:09 AM
The movie was great for what it was. The action kept the pace up as the terrible dialogue got thick. It was pretty much 2 hours of explosions. Exactly what I wanted and expected lol

Boosted FC
08-10-2009, 03:23 PM
I enjoyed it.....:yes:

ShooterMcGavin
08-10-2009, 03:23 PM
:stupid:

vicc
08-10-2009, 06:35 PM
I thought the movie was good and there was good action scene.

8/10

Tuan
08-10-2009, 07:24 PM
I liked it..Plus Sienna Miller is in it..

Total_Blender
08-11-2009, 08:14 AM
saw it this wkend and thought it was pretty good. rachel nichols and sienna miller could both get it...at the same time :idb: :D

Didn't know Rachel Nichols was in it... I might go see it now. I heard Brendan "Encino Man" Fraiser plays Gung Ho though... thats seems like too much of a stretch.

LordZed
08-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Didn't know Rachel Nichols was in it... I might go see it now. I heard Brendan "Encino Man" Fraiser plays Gung Ho though... thats seems like too much of a stretch.

Someone here was JUST saying that. But it's apparently like a two second cameo?

JITB
08-11-2009, 02:26 PM
there is alot of cameo appearances by ppl all thru the movie.. tryin to setup for #2!!

NewGen33
08-12-2009, 02:19 PM
Saw it last night and enjoyed it. There was a good pace the whole movie with a good plot to start things off. I felt all the characters lived up to their rolls very well. Going into movies like these you have to remember it's a MOVIE and when you start to critique it like some of you are doing it's no longer fun or entertaining.

Bigt8aford
08-21-2009, 08:35 PM
It was straight, a lil lengthy for an action movie. CGI could've been tamed down a little. But that red head (well mega hottie, with dyed read hair) was a 10 on my list. That other chick was pretty cute to.