PDA

View Full Version : Going back to school in the fall

The Yousef
07-14-2009, 10:18 PM
it's official...i'm going back to school in the fall. i will be attending KSU and taking night classes to finish up my studies. i kinda made this promise to my mom and i have to keep it. i'm actually kinda excited (i'm sure i'll change my mind 2 weeks in).

now i need to figure out whether or not to finish my degree in finance or do what my real passion is and change my major to International Relations.

my aunt always said, i'm the ony child she has ever known that watched CNN instead of cartoons as a kid. the finance degree is appealing because i can get my job to pay for most of school (or at least books) but with an international relation degree, the job market is little more scarce.

so i dunno.

Buttons
07-14-2009, 11:06 PM
i'll see you on campus, boo ;)

DB4LYFE ™
07-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Werd yousef...

~DB4LYFE

Alan®
07-15-2009, 02:30 AM
awesome. ill see you around campus i'm sure as im transferring in for the fall.

Paul
07-15-2009, 07:47 AM
thats cool maybe you should minor in women's studies so you can scope out all of the lesbos at school...

http://smokeonthewater.typepad.com/smokeonthewater/images/bull_odonnell_1.jpg

all_american_gurl09
07-15-2009, 08:02 AM
good job, well me too i go back i think in october

ShooterMcGavin
07-15-2009, 08:06 AM
IR? good luck getting a job folk, especially in todays times. maybe you can be the official taliban liaison? :D

Ed
07-15-2009, 08:11 AM
i took 2 years off. i just got back this summer. trust me, i changed my mind in the first day, BUT i am a senior, i am gonna go finish it. hopefully by next may im done.

ill be taking night classes at ksu too.

Red_Phoenix
07-15-2009, 08:33 AM
I took 3 years off from school and started back last year. its SOOOO hard ot get back in the swing of things when you've been gone for so long. Good luck with what you decide.

Jecht
07-15-2009, 11:06 AM
It seems like half of IA will be at KSU this fall. Oh joy.

Ed
07-15-2009, 11:09 AM
It seems like half of IA will be at KSU this fall. Oh joy.
you still park at the top of the east deck, ricer?

Jecht
07-15-2009, 11:13 AM
you still park at the top of the east deck, ricer?
I park at the back of the fourth floor, but yeah.

ironchef
07-15-2009, 11:15 AM
it's official...i'm going back to school in the fall. i will be attending KSU and taking night classes to finish up my studies. i kinda made this promise to my mom and i have to keep it. i'm actually kinda excited (i'm sure i'll change my mind 2 weeks in).

now i need to figure out whether or not to finish my degree in finance or do what my real passion is and change my major to International Relations.

my aunt always said, i'm the ony child she has ever known that watched CNN instead of cartoons as a kid. the finance degree is appealing because i can get my job to pay for most of school (or at least books) but with an international relation degree, the job market is little more scarce.

so i dunno.Honestly, get the finance degree. If you decide you want a career in International Relations later in the future, you could still pursue it, even with a finance degree. But, at least you will have the finance degree to fall back on, because like Wayne said the job market for IR may be scarce.

The Yousef
07-15-2009, 07:14 PM
yeah i think i'm going to stick with the Finance degree...

i'll make sure to avoid everyone one here when i go. :)

tony
07-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Do what you love, I was going to do other things but Sociology is my passion and since I switched my grades have gone up significantly.

Congratulations on your decision, it will go by faster than you think. I'll be graduating in the spring (maybe fall) and it flew by. I will also keep your family in my prayers.

Khalifa247
07-15-2009, 08:52 PM
Hey, thats awesome man!

The Yousef
07-15-2009, 10:27 PM
thanks tony

csmiths
07-15-2009, 11:20 PM
im going to go to class with you sometime, just to hang out at the ol' college, and pick up dudes

Slow Motion
07-15-2009, 11:32 PM
School for the win...

itsjustdee
07-16-2009, 08:54 AM
yosef's major - how to bomb the us.

Jecht
07-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Congratulations on your decision, it will go by faster than you think. I'll be graduating in the spring (maybe fall) and it flew by.

Same here, only I'm going back for my masters degree so I'm never going to be done with school. :lmao: