PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Hut = that bullshiz

neverenough
07-14-2009, 08:30 PM
I was about to call and order some pizza from the Hut online then I noticed....

$2.50 DELIVERY CHARGE?!?

So I ask myself... does the driver get that? If so, I can give them a few bucks still and they'll walk off with $5+ in their pocket.

I call the Hut just to check.

The driver gets NONE of it. So in order to not be a douchebag but still sit on my fat ass at home and not have to get up and leave to pick it up I have to pay:

$2.50 Delivery Charge
$5-6 tip for the driver...

That's almost $9 for someone to drive my two pizzas like 2 miles?

Fuck 'em.

I'm going to Village Pizza. Shit's better anyway. And they serve the boozes.

81911SC
07-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Cool story

all_american_gurl09
07-14-2009, 08:31 PM
lol................

Catnip
07-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Cool thread, bro.

neverenough
07-14-2009, 08:49 PM
glad you guys (and gal) enjoyed it.

now STFU.

I think it's bullshit that PH is chargin $2.50 per delivery and most likely taking a decent amount of money from their drivers. Had I not called I would've assumed that the driver got all of it and only given him $2 or so. That's the bullshiz. EOS.

mad3nch1na
07-14-2009, 08:51 PM

$2.50 DELIVERY CHARGE?!?

So I ask myself... does the driver get that? If so, I can give them a few bucks still and they'll walk off with $5+ in their pocket.

The driver gets NONE of it. So in order to not be a douchebag but still sit on my fat ass at home and not have to get up and leave to pick it up I have to pay:

$2.50 Delivery Charge

Fuck 'em.

You are retarded.
You don't know how it works so don't tell people how you think it works.
I worked at pizza hut delivering, and let me tell you, the drivers DO NOT get $2.50 out of the $2.50 delivery charge.
$1.90 of it goes to Pizza Hut, the driver only gets 60 cents out of the $2.50, next time ask the store how much the driver gets out of the delivery charge before you go on the internets and make yourself look like a dumbass.

81911SC
07-14-2009, 08:55 PM
LOL

redrumracer
07-14-2009, 08:56 PM
awesome thread, subscribed and will read again.

ShooterMcGavin
07-14-2009, 09:16 PM
just about everyone charges these days, think they used the gas shortage a while back as excuse. i know for one papajohns does it too.

neverenough
07-14-2009, 09:17 PM
You are retarded.
I worked at pizza hut delivering, and let me tell you, the drivers DO NOT get $2.50 out of the $2.50 delivery charge.
$1.90 of it goes to Pizza Hut, the driver only gets 60 cents out of the $2.50, next time ask the store how much the driver gets out of the delivery charge before you go on the internets and make yourself look like a dumbass.

So I guess you missed the part where I said the driver gets NONE of it... as the guy at PIZZA HUT said when I CALLED them.

Read again... then GTFO.

tandem
07-14-2009, 09:23 PM
I wanna deliver pizza.
Man I need a job lol.

RL...
07-14-2009, 09:37 PM

$2.50 DELIVERY CHARGE?!?

$2.50 Delivery Charge

Fuck 'em.

Come to costco, 9.95 for a 18 inch pizza, either cheese, pepperoni, or supreme all for 10 bucks

neverenough
07-14-2009, 09:38 PM
just about everyone charges these days, think they used the gas shortage a while back as excuse. i know for one papajohns does it too.

I worked at Papa Johns when they started charging back in 2004. The drivers got it ALL at first, but then when they upped it from $1 to $2 the drivers still only got the $1 and PJ kept the other $1. This was when gas started going up to $3.00 from $1.50.

I think it is BULL!

RL...
07-14-2009, 09:41 PM
You are retarded.

Ironically in your pathetic attempt to call someone out for looking like an idiot, you failed and make yourself look like the dumbass..:lmfao:

ShooterMcGavin
07-14-2009, 09:42 PM
yep me too. btw, costco pizzas are da shit.

Magnus213
07-14-2009, 09:52 PM
On a related note, apparently Pizza Hut is officially changing its name to "The Hut" sometime in the future.

And Costco pizza is absolutely incredible

qwick
07-14-2009, 10:01 PM
I thought GA law states you are suppose to get paid 10 cent per mile when ever you use your personal vehicle at work?

neverenough
07-14-2009, 10:03 PM
On a related note, apparently Pizza Hut is officially changing its name to "The Hut" sometime in the future.

And Costco pizza is absolutely incredible

That makes no sense. People know it as Pizza Hut... FUCKIN LEAVE IT ALONE.

It's like Kinko's going to FedEx office. No sense.

Back on topic... I think I'll have to try Costco pizza now. I've never tried it but sounds like others enjoy it.

neverenough
07-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Ironically in your pathetic attempt to call someone out for looking like an idiot, you failed and make yourself look like the dumbass..:lmfao:

+1 THANK YOU!

ironchef
07-14-2009, 10:09 PM
I thought GA law states you are suppose to get paid 10 cent per mile when ever you use your personal vehicle at work? Its actually $0.55/mile. But if delivery drivers did that, they would also have to declare all of their tips on their taxes, which absolutely no one wants to do.

As far as drivers getting a piece of the delivery charge, thats true. I used to work at Papa Johns, and we got $1/order, while the delivery charge was $2/order.

Though, I don't get why you're tipping the guy $5-6 bucks?

On a typical order of a pizza or two, you don't really need to tip more than $3. More than that is cool, but not necessary. Now if the order is bigger, then the tip should be commensurate with the order. E.g. 4-5 pizzas would be like $8 tip, etc.

speedminded
07-14-2009, 10:10 PM

$2.50 DELIVERY CHARGE?!?

$2.50 Delivery Charge

Fuck 'em.

I'm going to Village Pizza. Shit's better anyway. And they serve the boozes.Oops, no wonder the driver glared at me when I only gave him $2 and said add that to the $2.50 :doh:

TheGodfather
07-14-2009, 10:10 PM
What is pizza?

qwick
07-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Its actually $0.55/mile. But if delivery drivers did that, they would also have to declare all of their tips on their taxes, which absolutely no one wants to do.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.:goodjob:

neverenough
07-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Though, I don't get why you're tipping the guy $5-6 bucks?

Here's how I see it:

1. I used to work in the industry as a delivery driver, then at restaurants as a server, then as a bartender.
2. It's $5-6 as compared to $3. It's a few bucks to me, but it's a big difference to the person receiving the tip because more than likely they hate their job and could use the moral booster.

When I go out to eat I tip an average of 40% because I can afford to, and really, what's an extra $10 once or twice a week to perhaps make someone's entire day.

I guess I'm just a pay it forward kind of guy.

toxxxic
07-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Its different for each store. But yeah the drivers get a dollar or so for each delivery out of the delivery charge.

It blows. Because most people think the delivery charge is their tip, and now most people don't tip at all. Assholes.

ironchef
07-14-2009, 10:22 PM
To each their own.

Kasper
07-14-2009, 10:48 PM
Ya know. i really think thats pretty lame.. the company is basically getting kick backs and it screws the drivers. id really like for them to explain why there only giveing the drivers a small portion of the fee when there not doing any of the driveing. Maybe i just dont understand. anywho i guess thats just one more way to fuck the lil guy.

ShooterMcGavin
07-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Here's how I see it:

1. I used to work in the industry as a delivery driver, then at restaurants as a server, then as a bartender.
2. It's $5-6 as compared to $3. It's a few bucks to me, but it's a big difference to the person receiving the tip because more than likely they hate their job and could use the moral booster.

When I go out to eat I tip an average of 40% because I can afford to, and really, what's an extra $10 once or twice a week to perhaps make someone's entire day.

I guess I'm just a pay it forward kind of guy.
:eek: um where do you usually eat?

stillaneon
07-15-2009, 12:56 PM
I don't know about PH, but Domino's gives 1.45 per delivery to the drivers but only charge 1.50 for their delivery fee. So the driver gets a good portion of it. It depends on Gas prices though.

stillaneon
07-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Ya know. i really think thats pretty lame.. the company is basically getting kick backs and it screws the drivers. id really like for them to explain why there only giveing the drivers a small portion of the fee when there not doing any of the driveing. Maybe i just dont understand. anywho i guess thats just one more way to fuck the lil guy.

Because the drivers accept it.

There is no reason to explain anything. If the employees disagree, they can work elsewhere.....

Firefightin_tC
07-15-2009, 01:00 PM
I'd just rather go pick it up and screw the middle man.

Jason..
07-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Cool thread, bro.X2

40th GT
09-16-2009, 11:23 PM
I'd just rather go pick it up and screw the middle man.
X2. plain and simple.

driver service charge + tip > gas money.

ShooterMcGavin
09-16-2009, 11:26 PM
yeah but you're not counting the cost of convenience. personally i feel like my time is worth more than the $2 being charged to deliver to me.

40th GT
09-16-2009, 11:27 PM
yeah but you're not counting the cost of convenience. personally i feel like my time is worth more than the $2 being charged to deliver to me.
Time? It takes the usual pizza place 45 mins - 1 hr to deliver your food.
And it'd take me 30 mins tops to get there and back.

As for cost of convenience, it's more convenient for me to pick it up myself because I can start eating sooner.

JMO.

xxbckiexx
09-16-2009, 11:52 PM
glad you guys (and gal) enjoyed it.

now STFU.

evan quite enjoyed this thread.

Njobe
09-17-2009, 07:21 AM
when i was delivering pizzas i would get $3 per delivery from the owner and whatever i made in tips but i didn't get anything hourly... so before you say thats good i had days where i had 2-5 deliverys for 5 hours... back on topic pizza hut sucks last night i ordered 2 p-zones and a medium pizza and it came to be $30!?!? wtf are they smoking on

Jason..
09-17-2009, 07:33 AM
You are retarded.
$1.90 of it goes to Pizza Hut, the driver only gets 60 cents out of the $2.50, next time ask the store how much the driver gets out of the delivery charge before you go on the internets and make yourself look like a dumbass.So im guessing u started working at papa johns:lmfao:

Njobe
09-17-2009, 07:43 AM
So im guessing u started working at papa johns:lmfao:
no even worse.... uncle vitos

redrumracer
09-17-2009, 11:51 PM
You are retarded.

naaa now we get .86 cent per delivery lol