PDA

View Full Version : Movies/TV Jackie Chan Confirmed for Karate Kid as Mr Miyagi

YoTa_BoX
07-14-2009, 10:27 AM
http://movies.ign.com/articles/100/1003050p1.html

July 13, 2009 - Confirming reports from earlier this year that he was in talks to join the production, Jackie Chan has come aboard the Karate Kid remake in the role originated by Pat Morita.

Variety reports that the kung-fu legend will play Mr. Miyagi opposite Jaden Smith, who takes on the Ralph Macchio role. Smith, of course, is the young son of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith.

The film, titled Kung Fu Kid, will be a Hollywood-Chinese coproduction between Columbia Pictures and the state-run China Film Group. Filming began in the Chinese capital of Beijing over the weekend, with Harald Zwart (Agent Cody Banks, The Pink Panther 2) behind the camera. Unlike the original, which was set in the U.S., this film will take place in China.

Chan and Smith, along with Smith's parents and sister Willow, "attended a traditional Chinese ceremony to mark the start of the shoot Saturday." Ain't that cute? Even cuter -- Will Smith is one of the film's producers.

Oh, wait. That's not cute. It's obnoxious.

blackshine007
07-14-2009, 11:24 AM
http://movies.ign.com/articles/100/1003050p1.html

July 13, 2009 - Confirming reports from earlier this year that he was in talks to join the production, Jackie Chan has come aboard the Karate Kid remake in the role originated by Pat Morita.

Variety reports that the kung-fu legend will play Mr. Miyagi opposite Jaden Smith, who takes on the Ralph Macchio role. Smith, of course, is the young son of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith.

The film, titled Kung Fu Kid, will be a Hollywood-Chinese coproduction between Columbia Pictures and the state-run China Film Group. Filming began in the Chinese capital of Beijing over the weekend, with Harald Zwart (Agent Cody Banks, The Pink Panther 2) behind the camera. Unlike the original, which was set in the U.S., this film will take place in China.

Chan and Smith, along with Smith's parents and sister Willow, "attended a traditional Chinese ceremony to mark the start of the shoot Saturday." Ain't that cute? Even cuter -- Will Smith is one of the film's producers.

Oh, wait. That's not cute. It's obnoxious.
:upchuck:

ShooterMcGavin
07-17-2009, 08:53 AM
=/ i'm not sure if i can see jackie chan in a serious role...

BanginJimmy
07-17-2009, 10:07 PM
=/ i'm not sure if i can see jackie chan in a serious role...

x2

The best part of any Jackie Chan movie is the outtakes at the end.

okra1981
07-18-2009, 04:28 PM
This sounds god awful, I will definitely not pay to see this. If I wanted to see a badass black martial artist, I'd just go grab the dvd of Afro Samurai, which is actually worth money unlike the average Will Smith crap.

nreggie454
07-18-2009, 06:31 PM
I was at least interested when I heard Jackie Chan was gonna be Mr. Miyagi, but I lost all hope in this movie now that I know that Jaden Smith is in it with daddy producing.

Vteckidd
07-18-2009, 06:33 PM
some movies you just dont remake

quickdodgeŽ
07-18-2009, 07:02 PM
some movies you just dont remake

Most movies you just don't remake. I have no problem with Will Smith being producer or whatever, but to have a black child play the role that a white (Italian/American) made "famous" is ridiculous. Later, QD.

ShooterMcGavin
07-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Most movies you just don't remake. I have no problem with Will Smith being producer or whatever, but to have a black child play the role that a white (Italian/American) made "famous" is ridiculous. Later, QD.
you're still bitter about your kid dating a black person huh? :lmao: