PDA

View Full Version : Bike stands?

AnthonyF
07-14-2009, 09:27 AM
I bought one off of CL and it sucks ass.

What bike stands do you guys use/prefer? I am wanting a set (2) so I can remove my wheels soon and get them painted along with everything else.

-Ant.

redwagon02
07-14-2009, 10:35 AM
pit bull. end

Hondatwin23
07-14-2009, 11:58 AM
pit bull. end
Yup

AnthonyF
07-14-2009, 12:37 PM
That's what I heard. Just 120 bucks+ for one is steep. Trying to find some used ones on CL.

-Ant.

David88vert
07-14-2009, 06:19 PM
I've had Pitbull, Handy, T-Rex, etc. The best-bang-for the buck by far has been the T-Rex stands. The T-Rex stands were $140 shipped to my door for both (including a center stand). The Pitbulls were $300. The T-Rex come with 5 centerpins, the Pitbulls cost $25 each for extras and only came with one. The T-Rex had extra bracing, and had 2 caster wheels on each leg, instead of just one. I use my T-rex more often than the Pitbulls. Now the exception is on the SSS on the Ducatis. You have to get the Pitbull for those.

Nothing wrong with the Pitbulls. I like them also - just don't like the price.

slow_hatch
07-14-2009, 06:21 PM
I've been using Vortex stands and like them very much(the rear one mainly, the front one is sorta :( ). However, Pitbull does make a REALLY nice stand

THATdude
07-14-2009, 06:54 PM
how bout you sell my yours ANT.

Revmaynard
07-14-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm pretty sure Harbor Freight still carries bike stands. I don't know what a biker wants other than for it to hold the bike up, but it might be up your alley.

Tech5
07-14-2009, 11:18 PM
I've had Pitbull, Handy, T-Rex, etc. The best-bang-for the buck by far has been the T-Rex stands. The T-Rex stands were $140 shipped to my door for both (including a center stand). The Pitbulls were $300. The T-Rex come with 5 centerpins, the Pitbulls cost $25 each for extras and only came with one. The T-Rex had extra bracing, and had 2 caster wheels on each leg, instead of just one. I use my T-rex more often than the Pitbulls. Now the exception is on the SSS on the Ducatis. You have to get the Pitbull for those.

Nothing wrong with the Pitbulls. I like them also - just don't like the price.

Agree 100%

I have a woodcraft these are super nice also...and I have my set of pitbulls....

Tech5
07-14-2009, 11:18 PM
I'm pretty sure Harbor Freight still carries bike stands. I don't know what a biker wants other than for it to hold the bike up, but it might be up your alley.

yeah POS ones:screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

AnthonyF
07-15-2009, 05:59 AM
how bout you sell my yours ANT.Sell you what?

Agree 100%

I have a woodcraft these are super nice also...and I have my set of pitbulls....
You should sell me your pitbulls or trade for my bike ramp. :goodjob:

-Ant.

Tech5
07-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Sell you what?

You should sell me your pitbulls or trade for my bike ramp. :goodjob:

-Ant.

Can't I use them all the time working on bikes .....

BTW I got your mesasge today what you want cuz

AnthonyF
07-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Sunny (upsidedesi) is having that midnight cruise thing. Jason said he'd go on his bike, I'm gonna go on the bike. Seeing if u wanted to go. It's august 14th. I can give u more details through PM.

-Ant.

Tech5
07-15-2009, 03:37 PM
ok send pm! Buttcheeks

Peking
07-17-2009, 07:08 PM
I've been using Vortex stands and like them very much(the rear one mainly, the front one is sorta :( ). However, Pitbull does make a REALLY nice stand

A few years back I bought Vortex and was not pleased with them (front lifting from the tree, and spooled rear)... Went back to DMP stands and love um, used Pitbull too through a former roommate very nice but not nice enough for me to spend the extra dough.

turbosx©
07-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Sunny (upsidedesi) is having that midnight cruise thing. Jason said he'd go on his bike, I'm gonna go on the bike. Seeing if u wanted to go. It's august 14th. I can give u more details through PM.

-Ant.

can i come?