PDA

View Full Version : 91 si with LS trouble starting

RBS
07-13-2009, 08:14 PM
swapped a OBD1 LS into a 91 EF si. used original SI engine harness and converted OBD-0 dizzy plugs to OBD-1 and using a OBD-0 PR4 ls ecu.

the car does in fact start. you can hear it run and everything.... but it dies right after. so basically.... start, run.. die, start, run... die, same thing over and over and over, every now and then when it starts it runs for a few seconds longer and you can hear that the motor is running very healthy.

ive checked tranny, VC, and thermo housing grounds. ive changed the injectors with another set that i know works. i even checked the main relay and thats good..... shit im stumped lol

if it matters the car has been sitting for well over 6 months..

help will be greatly appreciated and will be repped :bump:

whiteCG
07-13-2009, 08:32 PM
is it grounded good? that was my problem

Barefoot
07-13-2009, 09:14 PM
used original SI engine harness and converted OBD-0 dizzy plugs to OBD-1 and using a OBD-0 PR4 ls ecu.i dont work on ef so i cant say u did something wrong there. so im goign to start simple and ask if there is any CELs. ill let somebody else handle the obd0 wiring crap.

RBS
07-13-2009, 09:16 PM
i dont work on ef so i cant say u did something wrong there. so im goign to start simple and ask if there is any CELs. ill let somebody else handle the obd0 wiring crap.

umm no CELs. turn key, let prime. cel does not come on... try to start and keep trying to start CEL doesnt come on... so im assuming no cels?

Formally...
07-14-2009, 08:23 AM
So you are using an OBD1 dizzy and an OBD0 ecu. That will not work. The way the sensors in the dizzy read are different between OBD0 and OBD1. Try to either get an OBD0 dizzy or OBD1 ecu.

RBS
07-14-2009, 10:27 AM
So you are using an OBD1 dizzy and an OBD0 ecu. That will not work. The way the sensors in the dizzy read are different between OBD0 and OBD1. Try to either get an OBD0 dizzy or OBD1 ecu.

will do, imma change it today and update :yes:

Barefoot
07-14-2009, 02:00 PM
i knew something sounded fishy about that. just wants my thing.

RBS
07-14-2009, 03:22 PM
ok, i found the problem and now i feel dumb lols. it was the dizzy, crunk right up after i swapped it out with a OBD0 dizzy.

lesson learned, stupid OBD zero :ninja: