PDA

View Full Version : Tail light tinting...

AnthonyF
07-13-2009, 09:29 AM
Yeah, some of you know I am 100% against that shit. But, that is for the blacked out lenses.

I am looking to get my new R6 tail lamp lightly done in RED. Does anyone know some1 who can accomplish this? The lamp is not much bigger than my hand in width and length. Either a spray or a film. I know nothing about tinting lenses so any help would be fantastic.

-Ant.

blacknightteg
07-13-2009, 09:30 AM
bucky is the only one that i know on here.

AnthonyF
07-13-2009, 09:31 AM
^he's banned and his sponser section has been removed.

-Ant.

blacknightteg
07-13-2009, 09:32 AM
oh shit, ahah i didnt know that. damn. lol

AnthonyF
07-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Yeah....not too many noticed that.

-Ant.

blacknightteg
07-13-2009, 09:37 AM
i guess this steered around the drama that happened the past few weeks.

Batlground
07-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Yeah, some of you know I am 100% against that shit. But, that is for the blacked out lenses.

I am looking to get my new R6 tail lamp lightly done in RED. Does anyone know some1 who can accomplish this? The lamp is not much bigger than my hand in width and length. Either a spray or a film. I know nothing about tinting lenses so any help would be fantastic.

-Ant.

It just requires mixing up the right paint to do it. We have done them in grey and light blue so I am sure we can get the red done for you. It really all depends on how dark you want it. We can do it with one coat and have you inspect it. If you want it darker we can do another coat.

Give us a call at the shop at 770-319-9605 or email us at [email protected].

eraser4g63
07-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Check with any of your local body shops, they can put a little red paint in some clear coat and spray it on. From what I have been reading the best results are yielded from a couple coats of read/clear mix then a couple coats of clear with some sanding in between. the average cost is like 100$.

Tech5
07-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Ant... I have done this mannnnnnny times with 100% perfect job done.. What I do is go to the hobby shop and buy can of paint (the color you want ) In the paint for plastic its clear color paint so the light will bleed through unlike some body shops do.
And it sticks perfect and doesn't run unlike regular car paint . If you need a can or want me to do it Ant just call me and swing by.Later

tdurr
07-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Ant... I have done this mannnnnnny times with 100% perfect job done.. What I do is go to the hobby shop and buy can of paint (the color you want ) In the paint for plastic its clear color paint so the light will bleed through unlike some body shops do.
And it sticks perfect and doesn't run unlike regular car paint . If you need a can or want me to do it Ant just call me and swing by.Later

x2

i used the black tint for my tails the first time i did them and they looked soo sexy. then for some odd reason they faded back to the oem color :doh:

Ricer
07-13-2009, 07:23 PM
spray can tints are ok if you're looking for a cheap fix... but they are 1K paint (meaning there is no hardener/catalyst.. just a reducer or solvent of some kind).. they will look good for a while.. but inevitably will start to fade or just wash off. Putting some red candy concentrate or just red basecoat in some real automotive clearcoat will give you a much more durable 2K (or catalyzed) finish that will last a long time and in my opinion will look 10 times better

slimm
07-14-2009, 10:21 AM
adrenaline tuning can do it. 404.284.7000